Nassau, get off or stay on?

Many posts about not getting off in Nassau. I disagree. The residents of Nassau count on us passengers for a good part of their income. Do the island residents a favor and visit their island. Even if you just have lunch in one of the local Bahamian cafes. Every island has its positives and negatives. Nassau and the Bahamas just went through a hurricane and a tropical storm in the last three weeks. I found the Bahamian people friendly and welcoming. Think about tourists coming to your part of the country and never seeing all that your community has to offer.

Amazing how people think Nassau is dangerous... IF you stay to the tourist locations which I don't know why you wouldn't the danger does not exist... Then again a lot of you aren't from New York I take it either... Just ignore the homeless and peddlers... That's what I do...

Who said they thought Nassau is dangerous?:confused:

People said to stay on the ship, but not because Nassau is dangerous.

I don´t think Nassau is dangerous at all, it just not a place worth visiting to me.

Why would you do a 3 day cruise?

Not even long enough to unpack....

People can take any length of cruise they like? How does this comment help?

I would stay on the ship. Not a fan of Nassau

But do also agree.. it's easy to get off for a couple hours and get back on if you wanted to.

It does not have to be one or the other.

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

It's not an "either/or" thing! You can get off for a short time,....then rebound...or stay on the ship...or get off for the full day! Your choice! Do what you want!

It is an either / or Thing. The question was getting off or not. You either get off or stay on, has nothing to do with how Long you get off. If you´ve been off for two seconds, you´ve been off and the Option to stay on is void:p:rolleyes:

Not sure if you can still be able to purchase this tour, but The Bahamian Food Tasting Tour is great food and your guide provides quite a bit of information about the Bahama's. This is a walking tour and you visit (I think it is 5) Bahamian restaurants and get samples of food and beverage. Trust me by the time you finish the last restaurant, you are full.

Sometimes we just get off and wander around a bit. Yep, persons will try to get you to take a cab or some other purchase, just say no. Have never been worried in Nassau like Columbia or a few other locations. The straw market is in a building and is probably the one place that we always avoid. Too crowded and the same stuff at every stand (mostly made in China).

If you have never been to Nassau there are some really nice sights to see, google what to do in Nassau and you will get a bunch of good ideas.

It is an either / or Thing. The question was getting off or not. You either get off or stay on, has nothing to do with how Long you get off. If you´ve been off for two seconds, you´ve been off and the Option to stay on is void:p:rolleyes:

When did someone make a rule that on C.C. questions and answers have to have anything to do with each other?

Go to da fish fry. Just ask a cabbie and he'll take you there. Awesome conch fritters and seafood. Local fare. Where the locals go to eat. We go there every time we stop in Nassau. Plenty of cabs back to the ship as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you haven't been in several years, go ahead and get off.

We've been there several times in the past few years, so we're just going to get off briefly to grab some rum cakes and coconut rum, then get right back on to enjoy our drink packages :o

there's a guy that sells conch salad out of a little boat on the pier next to senor frog's. delicious stuff and it's made to order. it aint for the squeamish though as he cleans everything using seawater he collects via a bucket dipped into the ocean. worth a trip off the ship every time.

there's a guy that sells conch salad out of a little boat on the pier next to senor frog's. delicious stuff and it's made to order. it aint for the squeamish though as he cleans everything using seawater he collects via a bucket dipped into the ocean. worth a trip off the ship every time.

I'm sure the germaphobes on the room-cleaning thread would LOVE that. LOL!

Go to da fish fry. Just ask a cabbie and he'll take you there. Awesome conch fritters and seafood. Local fare. Where the locals go to eat. We go there every time we stop in Nassau. Plenty of cabs back to the ship as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went over there in Sept and nothing was open, we probably were too early arrived at 11:30, but you are correct, the food here is fantastic! get the #10 jittney close to the straw market, it is around $1.25 a person.

The time before Sept, we went over there it was around 1:30 or so and it was up and running and we had some of the best fish fry you can imagine and the conch fritters were amazing!

If you walk around, avoid McDonalds; perhaps the dirtiest MD in existence. Their free wifi is weak and slow at best. Visit Dunkin Donuts; very clean and great free wifi. Then get back on ship. Nassau is one of least desirable islands in the Caribbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app