tee shirts

reider

does celebrity have tee shirts on board for each port that we go to?

Some ships some ports. I've found the T-Shirt selection has really declined over the years. I'm sitting here right now wearing a shirt from 2008. I rarely see anything I like anymore.

Tastes are different. Good luck and happy shopping.

Mike

Different ones for Each port? We have never seen that. Typically we have seen generic "Sailing the Caribbean" or "Sailing the Baltic" but not one for each and every port

Princess usually has tee shirts for every port.

It can vary from cruise to cruise.

For example, on Caribbean cruises I saw tables with t-shirts saying Barbados, Dominica or St. Thomas on them, among others. Each also had a Celebrity X logo on it.

The ones that don't sell often end up on the $5 closeout tables on the last night of the cruise.

I once bought a Tallinn t-shirt on the ship on a Baltic cruise.

On some cruises they were still selling clothing from the ship's previous itinerary with names of ports that our current cruise was not even visiting at all.

We saw this last year on a repositioning cruise.

But as previously stated, you can find clothing with the names of the ports you are visiting right in the various ports themselves, regardless of whether or not they are being sold on the ship.

I've seen two types of t-shirts with port names on them:

On some cruises (not all) they've had T-shirts with the whole itinerary printed on the back in some way. I can't recall if I've seen these on any cruises other than Caribbean cruises or not and they don't always have them at all and if they do it is usually just one design.

On some cruises I've seen a limited selection of port themed t-shirts on the big "sale" tables they set up a couple times during the cruise.

So the best answer to your question is: Maybe, but don't count on it.

Your best chance of getting port themed t-shirts for each port is going to be at local shops at the port of call. They'll have a much better selection than on board in any event.

Edited by Lsimon

On some cruises X doesn't even have a cruise T shirt let alone a port T shirt. I must admit to be disappointed at the range of souvenir T shirts available for sale. Most are generic Celebrity or ship T shirts

To answer the original question - no, you cannot count on Celebrity having t-shirts for each port. Their t-shirt selection overall is dismal. In fact, while I am ranting - their selection of shopping is mediocre at best with very, very little merchandise appealing to the average middle to upper middle class passenger IMHO. I have never understood this. So many of us would love to find a nice (not tacky) souvenir to take home to the kids or grandkids (or for ourselves), and by and large they are just not to be found. They tend to have some cheap, tacky stuff, and then some high end expensive stuff - little in-between. For years I put this on the comment card at the end (before their email surveys) and never saw any improvement. Oh well - I don't cruise to shop onboard, but it would be nice.......

Best bet for a t-shirt with a specific port of call on it, is off ship in a shop. I don't recall onboard shops having ports of call shirts. We have seen Panama Canal, Alaska, Caribbean themed shirts, but not for example, Colon,Seward, or St. Thomas.

Good luck with your search for the perfect T-shirt!

Every Celebrity ship we've been on in the Caribbean had port of call shirts (& I have the tubs of shirts!). Our Hawaii/Vancouver cruise only had Sidney shirts [emoji22]. DH likes the shirts that have the name of the ship(with length & tonnage), those are hard to find

Sent from my iPhone using Forums