What's your cruise book?

KnightsFan

My kindle is stuffed with classics, which are often free for the full works, so there's always an Austen or Dickens to read; last cruise I'd downloaded all of the writings of Frances Hodgson Burnett (Secret Garden etc); I read many of her works on board.

And usually I have a cruising novel or two to tackle!

I read whatever my flavor is at the time. I found one on board on my FOS cruise and didn't quite finish it by the end of the cruise. I had to go to the local library to check it out so that I could finish it. It was worth it. I also take a few magazines and then leave them for others to read when I'm finished.

I like to read a novel set in the places I am visiting. BEFORE I leave, I like to read at least one nonfiction book about the places we will see. It makes the trip more interesting for me if I have some background knowledge!

Currently reading "Rounding the Horn"--true stories of the struggles of sailing ships in the days of explorations. And, I have downloaded two novels set in the southern parts of South America.

These books are easy to find using a quich search, and have enriched my experiences!

Something by J Maarten Troost. He writes books about his travel experiences that are pretty hilarious but also informative. The first couple are about when he went to live in the Pacific islands. Don't let their titles scare you though. Just read a few pages and you will be hooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bring along the magazines that have stacked up around the house to catch up on reading them. Most of the time, I can't finish them on the cruise either. I might try to finish Go Set a Watchman on our cruise next month. I also have a Doris Betts short story collection that I've taken on several cruises and never finished and another Southern fiction anthology that I've also taken on several cruises.