Studio or Inside for Single

Irishgrl73

If the inside is actually double the price of a studio then the decision is easy.

Both times I've sailed solo the inside has been about the same price (once it was cheaper).

I've never stayed in either, but if I did then it would be a studio unless the inside was a significant amount cheaper

Edited by KeithJenner

If the inside is actually double the price of a studio then the decision is easy.

Both times I've sailed solo the inside has been about the same price (once it was cheaper).

I've never stayed in either, but if I did then it would be a studio unless the inside was a significant amount cheaper

It's double the inside rate which is comparable to studio rate.

Is one better pick than the other? Yes I know Inside is double the price.

That depends...Once you get inside final payment Inside Cabins are usually priced much lower than Studios, especially if they drop the single supplement.

I have not seen Studios except in photos and videos here on CC.

I have briefly visited traveling friends in their IC and OV and the square

footage of useable space would favor the IC over the Studio - but then

the IC is for 2 (double occupancy) while the Studio is a solo and just that.

I would check out the location of the Studio over the IC - maybe more

convenient to get to activities with less up-the-down staircase i.e buffet;

theatre; restaurants; bars etc.

Also don't the Studios have a meeting place within their own section

with a service beverage snack bar morning breakfast foods ???

Do Studios have Room Service ?

With the space provided the studio and IC are places that are just sleep

dorms - most all activities are after all outside the cabin.

Then there is the matter of PRICE and perhaps PROMO's ?

At least you are cruising even if it is a cruise to nowhere - enjoy it - live it UP !

I loved my studio cabin on the Escape.Was great and loved the lounge.I have a studio cabin on the Breakaway in a couple of months.The studios are much nicer than insides.The size is perfect for one the bed is huge.

Thank you! We leave on Breakaway Sunday and My sister is in the Studio and we were wondering if we should switch her to our floor in a Inside but, hearing this makes me think she should keep it.

Thank you! We leave on Breakaway Sunday and My sister is in the Studio and we were wondering if we should switch her to our floor in a Inside but, hearing this makes me think she should keep it.

If you want her close, switch her. I'd keep her in the studio so she can smuggle you in for coffee. :)

Inside are slightly bigger than the studio. I sailed solo last month on the Escape. I chose an inside cabin because of the size and the price. Inside was $399 with 0% solo supplement in my case ( that means that I just had to pay $399 and not double) and the studios price was near $899. I had the opportunity to see a studio during a cabin crawl activity. They're pretty but small. About the Studio lounge, I participated in the Solo's meet and greet (freestyles will have that information) and in the first meeting they organized all week activities for solo passengers (optional of course) and also told us that the Studio lounge was available for us (Solo passengers that were not staying in the studios) from 5 to 7 pm.

So it will be your choice. You can find pictures of both rooms online. In my case the price was the determining factor. Bigger room at a lower price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've sailed solo in both. If the prices were the same, I'd go with the true inside cabin. There's definitely a little more room and it feels a little less claustrophobic. The studio lounge was of little interest to me. When sailing solo in an inside cabin, I ask for the beds to be separated, as this gives more space down the center of the cabin. I also use the second bed to place things that I might want out of the drawers/closets, but that I don't want to take up space on my bed. One single bed is perfectly large enough for me (and I'm 6'4" and 300 lbs).

Hint for solos on the Escape: the deck 12 starboard entry into the Studio area doesn't close right unless you pull it closed behind you, so most of the time you didn't need a keycard to get to the lounge (during my sailing of two weeks ago).

(I was in the studios on deck 12 and noticed the door was almost never fully closed. I thought at first it was the stewards locking it open during service hours, but no, it just doesn't shut on its own like the other doors.)

I've sailed solo in both and unless the price were significantly cheaper for an inside, I'd go with the studio every time. The layout is much better for a solo, it's the most quiet location I've stayed on on any cruise, and I loved the stuido lounge. I didn't care at all about the solo meet-ups, but I loved the coffee machine and snacks and privacy of the lounge. I started every morning with coffee in the lounge.

Yes, the inside cabin is something like 28 sq ft larger than a studio, but it's not designed as well and actually felt smaller to me than the studio.

NO BRAINER to go with the Inside if it's the same price or cheaper. You still get a nice full size bathroom, same as the ones in balcony rooms. The studios rooms are so claustrophobic, with the shower and the crapper right there in the bedroom with you.

I guess if you really just need somewhere to pass out for a few hours, and you get excited about a plate of stale cookies in some "lounge" then it might be for you. Otherwise go with the Inside, which comes with a minifridge.

NO BRAINER to go with the Inside if it's the same price or cheaper. You still get a nice full size bathroom, same as the ones in balcony rooms. The studios rooms are so claustrophobic, with the shower and the crapper right there in the bedroom with you.

I guess if you really just need somewhere to pass out for a few hours, and you get excited about a plate of stale cookies in some "lounge" then it might be for you. Otherwise go with the Inside, which comes with a minifridge.

Ex-NCL, but I loved my little studios on the GA (not at all on the Escape). It's not just "stale cookies", it's an expensive coffee maker that makes decent shots, lattes, Americanos, etc from whole beans, makings for tea, a decanter of iced filtered water, another of fruit juice, fresh fruit, pound cake and banana bread (better on GA), pastries in the morning, etc. Believe me it saved a lot of schlepping to the buffet, and the area was quiet and locked off, nice for solo women traveling alone. (Caveat: true on GA, not on Escape, where the doors were seemingly either broken or propped open most of the time.)

I've sailed solo in both and unless the price were significantly cheaper for an inside, I'd go with the studio every time. The layout is much better for a solo, it's the most quiet location I've stayed on on any cruise, and I loved the stuido lounge. I didn't care at all about the solo meet-ups, but I loved the coffee machine and snacks and privacy of the lounge. I started every morning with coffee in the lounge.

Yes, the inside cabin is something like 28 sq ft larger than a studio, but it's not designed as well and actually felt smaller to me than the studio.

I have recently completed my first NCL cruise onboard the 'Breakaway, in an Interior Stateroom, #5629, on Deck 5. I loved my stateroom, at 135 sq. ft., with PLENTY of storage space, along with a great bathroom! Not being a coffee drinker, nor one to socialize (much) with strangers, I wouldn't even consider a Studio, (with 100 sq. ft.) :eek:! :)

Ex-NCL, but I loved my little studios on the GA (not at all on the Escape). It's not just "stale cookies", it's an expensive coffee maker that makes decent shots, lattes, Americanos, etc from whole beans, makings for tea, a decanter of iced filtered water, another of fruit juice, fresh fruit, pound cake and banana bread (better on GA), pastries in the morning, etc. Believe me it saved a lot of schlepping to the buffet, and the area was quiet and locked off, nice for solo women traveling alone. (Caveat: true on GA, not on Escape, where the doors were seemingly either broken or propped open most of the time.)

So true. There was a variety of snacks and none of the cookies were stale. LOL. I absolutely loved that coffee machine. It's so much better than what you get in the buffet! On the Epic, the lounge doors were always locked on the sailing I went on, but some of the other doors leading into the studio hallways didn't close all the way unless you made the effort, so they were often accessible. :(

Also, the bathroom isn't IN the room as the poster you quoted indicated. It's in a separate space with an actual door (unlike the balcony staterooms). Several commented on the cabin crawl about how funny it is that the solo travelers had more privacy in the bathroom than those in the double occupancy rooms. LOL.

I have recently completed my first NCL cruise onboard the 'Breakaway, in an Interior Stateroom, #5629, on Deck 5. I loved my stateroom, at 135 sq. ft., with PLENTY of storage space, along with a great bathroom! Not being a coffee drinker, nor one to socialize (much) with strangers, I wouldn't even consider a Studio, (with 100 sq. ft.) :eek:! :)

Great, that works for you. I've sailed in both an inside and a studio and I loved the studio. It worked much better for me. I also had PLENTY of storage space. I don't socialize much with strangers either. My enjoyment of the lounge had nothing to do with meeting other solos. We can each choose what works best for our own personal needs.

BTW, I'm 6'1" so this isn't coming from a tiny little person here. :D I found the studio to be designed so well that I didn't feel cramped at all.

I'd say if price is an issue and the inside is lower then it's a no brainer for most people. Personally, I didn't find the studio to be the least bit claustrophobic, but I don't suffer from claustrophobia. If I did, I wouldn't book even an inside cabin! The toilet isn't in the bedroom in a studio--it's in a small room with a door that shuts and everything. :D

As another poster mentioned, they serve more than cookies (none of which were stale) and I especially enjoyed being able to grab a quick breakfast and eating it in peace and quiet before venturing out into the continuous activity on the rest of the ship. I had no need for a minifridge and even less now that you can no longer carry on beverages.

The nice thing about choices is that we each get to choose what works best for us. A studio obviously wouldn't work for you. But, it works great for many of us! The studios are often sold out well before sailing dates, so it appears there are a lot of us who love them! :D

Edited by Quilting_Cruiser

I'd say if price is an issue and the inside is lower then it's a no brainer for most people. Personally, I didn't find the studio to be the least bit claustrophobic, but I don't suffer from claustrophobia. If I did, I wouldn't book even an inside cabin! The toilet isn't in the bedroom in a studio--it's in a small room with a door that shuts and everything. :D

As another poster mentioned, they serve more than cookies (none of which were stale) and I especially enjoyed being able to grab a quick breakfast and eating it in peace and quiet before venturing out into the continuous activity on the rest of the ship. I had no need for a minifridge and even less now that you can no longer carry on beverages.

The nice thing about choices is that we each get to choose what works best for us. A studio obviously wouldn't work for you. But, it works great for many of us! The studios are often sold out well before sailing dates, so it appears there are a lot of us who love them! :D

Totally agree. As a solo cruiser, I've learned to wait to book to see if I can get a better deal at the last minute. I didn't book my last trip, my family surprised me and got me a studio which I loved. Great layout, tons of storage. Lounge with hot tea, coffee, espressos, etc. Prior to sailing balconies were cheaper with no solo supplement.

i book whatever is cheapest but i much prefer the studio cabins over an inside. I switch if the price drops on the studios when i am in an inside. Rooms are so quiet too. The escape has the different colored lighting in the studios. but either way you will be on a cruise!

I have sailed in both and if the inside was cheaper I personally would go with that as I found the Studio to be very small. I really didn't use the lounge except in the morning to grab coffee before I went to breakfast so that wasn't a big deal for me. I am glad that I did sail in the Studio as it really is very cute but I just like more space.