Aqua vs. Concierge Perks Questions

Luvcrusn

We just upgraded our cabin from Concierge hump to Aqua hump. We have done Concierge frequently, but not Aqua. I know about Blu being available, and that there is no luncheon in the MDR embarkation day. What other differences are there? Are the umbrella/binoculars available? Is there a separate departure lounge with continental breakfast? Is the concierge still available to you? Do you still get a bottle of wine on embarkation (not a biggie since we have beverage package), just curious. Are escargot and shrimp cocktail available in Blu? Do you need reservations in Blu or is it walk-in. Can you still eat in MDR?

We just upgraded our cabin from Concierge hump to Aqua hump. We have done Concierge frequently, but not Aqua. I know about Blu being available, and that there is no luncheon in the MDR embarkation day. What other differences are there? Are the umbrella/binoculars available? Is there a separate departure lounge with continental breakfast? Is the concierge still available to you? Do you still get a bottle of wine on embarkation (not a biggie since we have beverage package), just curious. Are escargot and shrimp cocktail available in Blu? Do you need reservations in Blu or is it walk-in. Can you still eat in MDR?

Blu is not just available, it is your assigned dining room, you do not have a seat in theimeime. MDR. There will be a letter in your stateroom telling you about the dining arrangements in Blu. It is anytime dining all the time, they will ask you to go within a time frame the first night but you can go whenever you wish. You can get Shrimp cocktail, onion soup a a couple of items available in MDR. You can eat in the MDR if you wish, just make arrangements with the Maitre'd.

The main difference is Blu. We enjoy Blu very much. There are no reservations for dinner and the wait has never been that long but we dine late, after 8. We like the table set-up with the tables being close together so you can have a conversation with your neighbors or dine privately. Most tables are 2 tops. Although we like the arrangement, this has been a bone of contention with others. You have access to the Persian Garden but we never used it. The shower is a very nice multi-head unit. We had binoculars and umbrellas in our cabin. We like the food prep in Blu and found the food to be a bit lighter and more fresh. Service is an improvement over the MDR where it is more assembly line. Breakfast is very nice with the muesli a favorite of mine. It was prepared table side but I understand this has changed. You have the same embarkation lounge and priority boarding. Did not use any debarkation lounge since we were off the ship early. I don't eat shrimp so I can't answer that question but did have escargot. You are assigned to Blu. They do not like you changing dining rooms but, if you want to try the MDR, ask the Maitre d' to arrange it. Don't just show up. Never used a concierge but I believe there is one available by phone. There is no bottle of cheap champs in the cabin. We enjoy AQ very much. Hope this helps.

We have booked aqua for next cruise having booked concierge on our last, I thought I had read on the celebrity website, that aqua got everything concierge did plus extra, I didn't think they were not doing this, I was looking forward to lunch on embarkation day as they never offered on my last trip in concierge

We have booked aqua for next cruise having booked concierge on our last, I thought I had read on the celebrity website, that aqua got everything concierge did plus extra, I didn't think they were not doing this, I was looking forward to lunch on embarkation day as they never offered on my last trip in concierge

Sorry to tell you the luncheon is for Concierge Class only. I just checked. The price of our Reflection cruise had a fairly large price drop today and we had a choice of money taken off our fare by the TA we used or an upgrade for the same price to A1. I called the Captains Club to ask that question. We didn't have the luncheon on our last cruise on Connie in Feb, but are looking forward to it on Eclipse in December. As I understand it, there are a few things (like the luncheon) and the embarkation day concierge that were added to Concierge Class because X felt it needed to beef up the difference from the Verandah staterooms. From what I read it said most of the same perks as Concierge, plus extra. The main one is Blu, which since we weren't paying more for than the original price of Concierge, we thought we'd try. Same cabin, different perks.

My TA emailed with news that our July and Jan 2018 cruises on Silhouette each went down in price today. We are getting repriced. I also confirmed as the previous poster did that AQ, which is what we always sail, does not get MDR lunch on embarkation day. Kinda bummed about that.

There was no disembarkation lounge for AQ on our last departure on Equinox. There was wine in the cabin. We had no binoculars due to existing noro alert. Blu was lovely with just a five minute wait. People who wanted windows waited longer. Breakfast was excellent. We don't bother with Concierge. The shower - I don't understand the excitement here but it was fine. The relaxation lounges would have been nice but we had a guy who snored so loudly it wasn't pleasant and we left and never to return.

Edited by Pushka

We book AQ for Blu, we just love the place. It's quiet and the staff is very responsive to your requests. The food is prepared freshly when you order so you can make changes with little fuss or bother. I don't care that we don't get the embarkation lunch, I'd much rather have Blu for the whole cruise. I also love AQ for Persian Gardens but I don't think DH or DS care that much about it.

A couple of years ago Celebrity removed the wording from the web site that Aqua got all the benefits of Concierge.

Recently they changed the wording on the ebrochures to Aqua receives most of the benefits of Concierge.

I don't know what the image indicated in previous post says because I can't read it, also where it came from and how long ago.

Sorry to tell you the luncheon is for Concierge Class only. I just checked. The price of our Reflection cruise had a fairly large price drop today and we had a choice of money taken off our fare by the TA we used or an upgrade for the same price to A1. I called the Captains Club to ask that question. We didn't have the luncheon on our last cruise on Connie in Feb, but are looking forward to it on Eclipse in December. As I understand it, there are a few things (like the luncheon) and the embarkation day concierge that were added to Concierge Class because X felt it needed to beef up the difference from the Verandah staterooms. From what I read it said most of the same perks as Concierge, plus extra. The main one is Blu, which since we weren't paying more for than the original price of Concierge, we thought we'd try. Same cabin, different perks.

Could you explain what "same cabin, different perks" means...

Could you explain what "same cabin, different perks" means...

The cabin size and layout is the same, concierge and aqua. Concierge has a dedicated concierge, a welcome aboard lunch in the MDR, a private lounge with complimentary continental breakfast on disembarkation day. Etc...you can see the full list on X website. Aqua Class has the special restaurant Blu, access to the Persian garden, relaxation lounge, afternoon delivery of flavored teas, a different type of shower, extra toiletries..(you can check out the whole list of both on the website. On S class ships the concierge, aqua and verandah cabins are the same size. On M class the concierge ND aqua are the same size as each other, but slightly larger than regular verandah .

The price of our Reflection cruise had a fairly large price drop today.........

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

I went straight to the Celebrity site and got a $420 price drop for our cruise!

That is the savings of one plane ticket from the West Coast.

THANKS!!:D:D

Edited by aloha43

Congratulations! I would love to upgrade to Aqua. Did Celebrity contact you for the upgrade? Would you mind telling me the price to upgrade? Thanks

The main difference is Blu. We enjoy Blu very much. There are no reservations for dinner and the wait has never been that long but we dine late, after 8. We like the table set-up with the tables being close together so you can have a conversation with your neighbors or dine privately. Most tables are 2 tops. Although we like the arrangement, this has been a bone of contention with others. You have access to the Persian Garden but we never used it. The shower is a very nice multi-head unit. We had binoculars and umbrellas in our cabin. We like the food prep in Blu and found the food to be a bit lighter and more fresh. Service is an improvement over the MDR where it is more assembly line. Breakfast is very nice with the muesli a favorite of mine. It was prepared table side but I understand this has changed. You have the same embarkation lounge and priority boarding. Did not use any debarkation lounge since we were off the ship early. I don't eat shrimp so I can't answer that question but did have escargot. You are assigned to Blu. They do not like you changing dining rooms but, if you want to try the MDR, ask the Maitre d' to arrange it. Don't just show up. Never used a concierge but I believe there is one available by phone. There is no bottle of cheap champs in the cabin. We enjoy AQ very much. Hope this helps.

My mother and I cruise annually on Celebrity and only in Aqua the past 4 years. Our experience every year (including this past August) is as follows:

- bottle of champagne on ice first day (we never drink it, its awful)

- 3 pieces of fruit (always seems to be apples at first)

- carafe of herbal tea every day

- two complimentary bottles of water

- daily delivery of hors d'oeuvre's (we asked to substitute cheese/crackers and fruit several times)

- umbrellas

- binoculars

- fluffy robes

- complimentary terry scuff slippers per passenger (these are to keep)

- white ditty bag per passenger

- dark blue celebrity tote bag per passenger

- heavy duty canvas zippered tote bag which folds up in an envelope that in turn snaps inside the tote, per passenger

- chocolates on pillow every night

- air diffuser

- upgraded toiletries (shampoo, shower gel, conditioner, body lotion and small package qtips, cotton ball)

- multi-level hand-held rain shower

- glass shower doors

- Blu dining (no reservations, usually no wait) breakfast, dinner (lunch is in the MDR on sea days, and the buffet and other complimentary stops every day)

- contrary to what others may say (and there have been multiple threads on this) we occasionally opted to eat in the MDR, and we were told that we did not have to tell anyone and just to go to the select dining entrance at the MDR. Although, we did tend to make a reservation earlier on that day. Nor did we tell anyone if we were opting for specialty dining, dining in port, or going to the buffet.

- access to persian gardens which is nicer on some ships

Embarkation day lunch in the MDR is restricted to Concierge class (and a limited time frame)

Disembarkation morning there is no special waiting place. You can have a full breakfast in Blu though. Muesli is STILL prepared table side on the Summit,

Also, we received 50% off in a specialty dining restaurant the first night, which we were told was only extended to Aqua class. Not sure if that's true though, although we took advantage.

I don't think I've forgotten anything.

Edited by Fish Lover

Congratulations! I would love to upgrade to Aqua. Did Celebrity contact you for the upgrade? Would you mind telling me the price to upgrade? Thanks

I got an email this morning from a travel site that sends out weekly top 20 deals. One of the deals was a X Cruise. I clicked on the deal and it took me to my TA. I scrolled through their site and our Reflection Cruise was $400 @ person less than we booked for last January. I checked X site and it was $300 @person less. I called the TA to see about a price reduction. Didn't want to give up our C2 hump cabin or perks we had. We had choice of $400 price reduction (price listed was C3 non combinable with CC upgrade and give up $100 OBC) keeping beverage package and gratuities, or upgrade to Aqua C1 for same price we booked concierge keeping all our perks, beverage package, gratuities and all the OBC we originally had. We chose the latter, so the upgrade cost us no more than we originally paid for concierge. Decided to treat ourselves rather than take the price reduction. Alot of cruises dropped today. I routinely check utility prices whenever we have raises booked. Often save $ especially b4 final payment. Last minute you can get some great buys too if your schedule allows flexibility and you're not choosy about cabin location.

Thanks, the upgrade is for our Reflection cruise, not the Eclipse that we're both on.

Nice upgrade. We like Aqua. And yea you don't get to eat in the MDR for lunch on the first day but really, is that much of a benefit anyway? I probably wouldn't use it either way. AquaSpa café is our place for day 1. We try to eat healthy for the first meal and it's quiet - lol.

The shower is nice as is the Persian Gardens but we have never used it much. I probably will this year as I've been using a steam room at the gym after workouts. Just wish it had a dedicated therapy pool/hot tub.

Otherwise Blu is the main attraction. We'll eat there about 7 of the 10 nights. The first night is one of the best so we don't usually take the discounted specialty restaurant offer.

Enjoy

The cabin size and layout is the same, concierge and aqua. Concierge has a dedicated concierge, a welcome aboard lunch in the MDR, a private lounge with complimentary continental breakfast on disembarkation day. Etc...you can see the full list on X website. Aqua Class has the special restaurant Blu, access to the Persian garden, relaxation lounge, afternoon delivery of flavored teas, a different type of shower, extra toiletries..(you can check out the whole list of both on the website. On S class ships the concierge, aqua and verandah cabins are the same size. On M class the concierge ND aqua are the same size as each other, but slightly larger than regular verandah .

Thank you for your explanations. Is a C1 cabin considered Concierge?