Celebrity Equinox Aqua Class

Texascruiser2008

Take a close look at the deck plans. We prefer the cabins from 1540 to 1550 because they're under the entrance to the spa area. On the other side, you could wind up under the Aqua Spa Cafe which can be noisy. The cabins between the forward and aft elevators are under the pool area so you have the potential of noise if deck chairs are being moved around but I think that might be less frequent. The cabins further aft are below other cabins so noise will not be a problem. While we select our cabins carefully, we absolutely love Aqua Class!

We concur to a degree with 2theship. 1540 is our favorite cabin and we've been in it 4 times. It's under the hair salon on most ships. On Reflection the layout is flipped, and we're in 1537 on the port side to avoid the cafe above.

We also like that location because there is no overhang. We prefer the sun.

Word of caution...from 1548 and for several cabins toward the middle of the ship the window washing gear may obstruct your view. You can go on the sticky for more cabin info. Enjoy AQ and Blu. Don't forget the relax room down the hall if you seek quiet time.

As others have said, be careful about your location. We've been in 1552 4 times, love it. The balcony is a big as the larger hump balconies. It is also quiet, no noise from above. It does have the overhang but we love it. I have no desire to sit out in the sun as it get's too hot at times and I can't use the balcony. Besides I live in S Florida so I get enough sun.

I would not recommend 1554 as the window washing equipment is right in front of that cabin.

So, the deck is not an issue as long as you choose carefully.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the only issues you may find would be the moving of the Lounge chairs on the pool deck early in the morning, and sound from any evening partys on the pool deck.

Our favorite Aqua Spa cabin is 1502 - in the very front of the ship. We haven't been bothered by any nice at all. Can't imagine cruising without Aqua Spa and Blu!

Just returned from a Equinox TA and had 1502. Loved it also. It's quiet and no one bothers you down at the end. Going on a TA on Eclipse this April and 1502 was already booked when I put in my reservation (was that you Gordon :D?). Settled for 1501.

We have always cruised Concierge but decided this upcoming cruise to try Aqua, we are on the penthouse deck mid ship but are concerned that the pool deck is above and it might be noisy. Any feedback would be appreciated!

We have been in those cabins (on a different S-Class ship) and had little problem with noise (other then some chair/lounger scraping. But our major complain is that the large overhang (from the pool deck) makes the balcony feel like a covered cave. While this suits folks that want lots of shade and protection on their balcony, this is not our cup of tea :). So when we book Aqua Class on the S-Class ships we always opt for the cabins located aft (which are also in the slightly lower price Cat A2) that are under another passenger deck. This also gives us another 9 feet of separation from the overhang.

Hank

We have been in those cabins (on a different S-Class ship) and had little problem with noise (other then some chair/lounger scraping. But our major complain is that the large overhang (from the pool deck) makes the balcony feel like a covered cave. While this suits folks that want lots of shade and protection on their balcony, this is not our cup of tea :). So when we book Aqua Class on the S-Class ships we always opt for the cabins located aft (which are also in the slightly lower price Cat A2) that are under another passenger deck. This also gives us another 9 feet of separation from the overhang.

Hank

We normally choose A2 cabins aft on Solstice class ships. However on a recent cruise on Celebrity Solstice we found constant excessive vibration throughout aft area of the ship...including our cabin...maube a problem with just that ship.Fortunately cabin 1554 in forward area was available so we moved. The window washing equipment was permanently outside of our balcony, but not a problem for us.

We stayed in 1606 on Equinox several years ago on a Med cruise out of Rome. The balcony is huge because it's on the hump and the midship location was great. There were 2 nights, however, when there were late night parties on the pool deck and we could hear the music and thumping until around midnight. I don't remember any daytime noise of consequence. But, definitely something to consider if you like to go to bed early! And who knows if they still have those parties anyway.

We were in 1593 on the Equinox and would not stay in that area again. The occasional scraping of the poolside furniture did not bother us, but the pool party held one evening from 10.30 pm until midnight definitely did!

We are early risers, and much as I liked the music they played (I could hear the words and the thumping beat very clearly), it would put me off booking a cabin beneath the pool in the future. Either that, or I'd adopt the 'can't beat 'em, join 'em ...' approach :D

As I believe I wrote at the time, not being able to sleep when I wanted to was not my idea of 'modern luxury'.

• 1 month later...

We are new to Cruising and were trying to decide on Aqua or not for a July cruise. I would like to thank everyone for the room information if we go that route.

We are not really spa enthusiasts but like the idea of having the opportunity to dine at Blu whenever we want and also having a balcony for the trade winds in the heat of July.

I have read that some people say the best time to book a cruise is 30-60 days before the cruise. In your experience do the "good" Aqua staterooms get taken by 30-60 days before the cruise or are there enough "good" rooms that we do not have to worry. The Aqua rooms now are going for 2,000 I am not sure how lower they would go between now and a few months before the cruise.

Some fares never go down; it's hugely unpredictable, depending on season and itinerary and, consequently, demand.

Of course, in the US, you can benefit from any subsequent price cuts up to final payment date, so you might as well book early.

Stuart

I have read that some people say the best time to book a cruise is 30-60 days before the cruise. In your experience do the "good" Aqua staterooms get taken by 30-60 days before the cruise or are there enough "good" rooms that we do not have to worry. The Aqua rooms now are going for 2,000 I am not sure how lower they would go between now and a few months before the cruise.

If there is a "good" cabin available now, I would book it. I think Canada is the same as the US...you can cancel any time up to final payment is due with no charge. If I'm correct, then if a better deal comes up, you can cancel your current reservation and rebook with the new deal. Actually, most of the time, you can just call and they will move you to the new deal. If you book an A2 and another A2 cabin becomes available, you can just call and Celebrity or your TA will usually just change your cabin....and you keep your same price and perks.

Why wait?

As others have said, be careful about your location. We've been in 1552 4 times, love it. The balcony is a big as the larger hump balconies. It is also quiet, no noise from above. It does have the overhang but we love it. I have no desire to sit out in the sun as it get's too hot at times and I can't use the balcony. Besides I live in S Florida so I get enough sun.

I would not recommend 1554 as the window washing equipment is right in front of that cabin.

So, the deck is not an issue as long as you choose carefully.

Tank you for sharing your experiences about thus stateroom. It will be home for 10 nights on the 2018 Mardi Gras cruise :)