Duty Free Alcohol - Auckland

Buy it on Carnival, last time we were on Black Label Johnny Walker was only $45.00/Litre bottle, Liquorland want $70.00.

4 litres came off with us.

Much easier to buy on board. Plenty of Duty Free shops in Downtown Auckland but they are all geared up to delivering to the airport.

Buy it on Carnival, last time we were on Black Label Johnny Walker was only $45.00/Litre bottle, Liquorland want $70.00.

Way to go, you can take 2 big ones each into OZ. I look for the 1125ml bottles, bit hard to get though these days, mostly in 1 litre bottles. I generally get Bundy Rum and Hennessy Cognac, lubbly jubbly.

Edited by NSWP

just had a quick check for you and Johnny walker black label at a regular liquor store, (glengarry) is NZ$D49.99 for a 700mm bottle.

Duty free stores in auckland dont generally deliver other than to the airport but they might be able to organise as there are plenty of cruiseships calling into the city now so Im sure they have a process in place.

just had a quick check for you and Johnny walker black label at a regular liquor store, (glengarry) is NZ$D49.99 for a 700mm bottle.

Duty free stores in auckland dont generally deliver other than to the airport but they might be able to organise as there are plenty of cruiseships calling into the city now so Im sure they have a process in place.

Only problem is that the Duty Free dispatch warehouses are out at the airport, so they would have to freight the goods back into the City.....can be done but not good if its held up with the Auckland traffic and the ship sails before they can get the goods in..

On our last cruise on Voyager in 2015, we got our duty free from a large store on Customs Street. It is a short walk from the wharf, good prices and they delivered to the ship. They carry Duty Free alcohol, jewelry, makeup, not sure about electronics.

Quite a few of the passengers on our cruise bought from them and no one appeared to have any problems. It was delivered to the ship in sealed, see through bags with our cabin number and name on the bag in plenty of time, the staff were all aware of which cruise ship was in port and the cut off time to get our purchases to the ship. Not sure if I can mention the name of the store so just google duty free Auckland. The prices were,at that time slightly better than on board duty free, and as the ship had not re-stocked on Cointreau before leaving Sydney it was our saving grace.

On our last cruise on Voyager in 2015, we got our duty free from a large store on Customs Street. It is a short walk from the wharf, good prices and they delivered to the ship. They carry Duty Free alcohol, jewelry, makeup, not sure about electronics.

Quite a few of the passengers on our cruise bought from them and no one appeared to have any problems. It was delivered to the ship in sealed, see through bags with our cabin number and name on the bag in plenty of time, the staff were all aware of which cruise ship was in port and the cut off time to get our purchases to the ship. Not sure if I can mention the name of the store so just google duty free Auckland. The prices were,at that time slightly better than on board duty free, and as the ship had not re-stocked on Cointreau before leaving Sydney it was our saving grace.

Thats probably DFS Galleria in the Old Custom House Building , in Customs Street . You cant miss it amongst all the modern buildings that surround it.

Good to hear they have geared themselves up for cruise ship visitors.

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

pretty sure that will be the Custom house which has been converted into a number of duty free outlets. Its on Custom street, easy walk and also easy to find via mr Google...

(edited...sorr just saw Kiwikruiser just replied with the same response)

Edited by roscoe39

I know with Princess their duty free shop on board will match any duty free alcohol price you get ashore. Saves you carrying it back on board.

As for prices, I was getting JW Black/Chivas, 700ml bottle on special @ Dan Murphys for AU$39. At the end of the day, taking Sydney Airport as an example, you can generally work on getting the 1125 ml or 1 litre bottle for the non duty free price of a 700ml bottle, if you know what I mean.

I normally pick our medicine up at the Duty free shop @ Sydney Airport after I have left the aircraft. They weigh too much to cart around.

Last year coming through London Heathrow, I picked up a couple of 1 litre bottles of Ballantines scotch for a good price and they were in tough plastic bottles, half the weight of glass. I have not seen the plastic bottles elsewhere.

Edited by NSWP