Fort Lauderdale: Lago Mar

PAcruiser25

The resort sits in a neighborhood, more than a mile walk to get to even the south end of the city. So...if you plan on seeing the area or eating off the resort grounds, you will need transportation. Other than that, you are smack on the beach and in view of the port.

The beach at Lago Mar is outstanding with countless tall coconut palms. One of the best anywhere in South Florida.

The resort is old Florida and is a little worn in areas. The staff at the front desk has consistently been cold and arrogant as many times as I have stayed there. That said, because the beach is so outstanding, plenty of FREE parking, and no resort fee, nighttime turndown service on request, I would surely return there.

I saw a huge beach ground on our sail away last week, and if I'm not mistaken that is the Lago Mar. I believe it sits deep in a secluded neighborhood, but no worries, Uber will take care of that:)

It isn't in a secluded neighborhood at all.

The beach is very wide in that area.

• 10 months later...
Less than a 10-minute drive.

Thank you very much. We love the Biltmore so understand old, is this the same for Lago Mar?

We have 12 family members ranging from 9-72. We are arriving on a Friday and departing on a Sunday in August. Would this be a good fit? Anywhere else you all would recommend? My family will want to relax and hang out beach/pool with drinks and food.

• 3 weeks later...
The staff at the front desk has consistently been cold and arrogant as many times as I have stayed there.

We stayed there in March, 2017 and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. They upgraded us from a traditional room to an oceanview executive suite! The breakfast buffet was fantastic, the pools and beach are great and the quiet privacy was so relaxing.

We just grabbed a taxi to go to dinner and get some last minute supplies; no big deal. The concierge had one there in a couple minutes. When it was time to go to the port, the taxis were lined up at the front door. One of their staff called me last week to confirm my reservation and she was very pleasant, even asking me if I had any special requests.

I'm staying there again next month and also in December. Got really good prices on executive suites for both upcoming stays (they spoiled us with the upgrade!), as well as the Bed & Breakfast package which gives us a discount on the breakfast buffet. Highly recommend them.