Do they work - Blasani Concealable Cruise Ship Rum Sneak Flask

smileylapierre

We are cruising on Royal Caribbeans Freedom of the Seas at the beginning of December and I stumbled upon Blasani Concealable Cruise Ship Rum Sneak Flasks on Amazon (https://www.amazon.ca/Blasani-Concealable-Cruise-4x32oz-2x16oz/dp/B009FR1M56/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478541398&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=blasani+concealable+cruise+ship+rum+cneak+flask) and was wondering if anyone has tried these and know if, or even how well, they work. We are flying from Canada into Fort Lauderdale and boarding the ship there so they would be in our check luggage for the journey to the boat. It says that they would be undetectable to an x-ray machine, which I am hesitant to believe, so it seems more that it's for carrying the liquid in it on your in a pocket or on your body through security and not setting the metal detector off since there is no metal on it.

Just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about these or if they thought it might work. I haven't cruised in a while and I forget what security is like getting on the boat, so I wasn't sure how likely they were to work.

Thank you!!

We are cruising on Royal Caribbeans Freedom of the Seas at the beginning of December and I stumbled upon Blasani Concealable Cruise Ship Rum Sneak Flasks on Amazon (https://www.amazon.ca/Blasani-Concealable-Cruise-4x32oz-2x16oz/dp/B009FR1M56/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478541398&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=blasani+concealable+cruise+ship+rum+cneak+flask) and was wondering if anyone has tried these and know if, or even how well, they work. We are flying from Canada into Fort Lauderdale and boarding the ship there so they would be in our check luggage for the journey to the boat. It says that they would be undetectable to an x-ray machine, which I am hesitant to believe, so it seems more that it's for carrying the liquid in it on your in a pocket or on your body through security and not setting the metal detector off since there is no metal on it.

Just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about these or if they thought it might work. I haven't cruised in a while and I forget what security is like getting on the boat, so I wasn't sure how likely they were to work.

Thank you!!

Many existing threads...just search Rum Runners (the original brand).

Fair warning - you've just walked up to a sleeping bear and smacked him in the head with a baseball bat. Expect some testy replies. Some folks here have very strong opinions about smuggling liquor.

The generic term for these is "rum runners". Some folks use them and get them through the process OK. Others have been caught and had them confiscated. Sometimes you have to go to the "naughty room" to claim your luggage if you get caught. No guarantees one way or the other.

Thank you!!

Oh.. You terrible awful smuggling criminal. How dare you try to break one of the cardinal rules of cruising etiquette.. That being said the answer is they work great. Keep them out of your carryon. We always use rumrunners and put them in my shoes in checked luggage. It's great to have a cocktail or two out on the balcony everyday. happy cruising.. see you in the naughty room..

PS. you can each take one 750 ml bottle of wine in your carryon on embarkation day.

We would never smuggle booze onto a ship, but actually have no issue with folks that try. The situation has been created by the cruise lines who simply want folks to buy all their booze aboard. If cruise lines are really serious about stopping booze smuggling they simply need to implement a no-mercy policy which says if you get caught, you are tossed off the ship (with no refunds).

Hank

We would never smuggle booze onto a ship, but actually have no issue with folks that try. The situation has been created by the cruise lines who simply want folks to buy all their booze aboard. If cruise lines are really serious about stopping booze smuggling they simply need to implement a no-mercy policy which says if you get caught, you are tossed off the ship (with no refunds). So we would advise the OP that the worst case is that you would get caught and lose the booze (you would likely be able to get your rum runner returned....empty).

Hank

Thank you!!

They all work until you get caught. And with the thousands of passengers that board the dozens of ships each week, there aren't too many ways to get them on board that aren't already well known by security. You don't really think its their first rodeo and your idea has never been tried, do you? Its just a numbers game....but good luck.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Why is it OK to smuggle a bottle aboard but not a suitcase full of Cocaine? You are telling a lie and making it OK for your children and Grandchildren to lie. It's just morally wrong. I never have to look back over my shoulder because I don't do stupid criminal stuff even Petit Crime like smuggling rum. You embarass any Sane, honest adults. You act like a bunch of gradeschoolers.

Edited by WupperAV

Why is it OK to smuggle a bottle aboard but not a suitcase full of Cocaine? You are telling a lie and making it OK for your children and Grandchildren to lie. It's just morally wrong. I never have to look back over my shoulder because I don't do stupid criminal stuff even Petit Crime like smuggling rum. You embarass any Sane, honest adults. You act like a bunch of gradeschoolers.

WOW! I am a mere senior who has no interest in smuggling booze anywhere :). But your example is simply ridiculous on its face. Cocaine is illegal and possession is generally a felony on land or on sea. Booze is not "illegal" as long as the person is 21. And its not illegal on any ship....which is why ships sell lots of booze! So smuggling booze on a ship is not a criminal act...but merely a violation of the rules set forth by the cruise line.

So my question to you is have you ever driven 1 MPH over the speed limit, parked in a no parking zone, etc? Those are violations of law! I like to think that I am a sane, honest senior adult....and am certainly not embarrassed by somebody trying to get around a self-serving cruise line rule. So we think its fine to disagree with rule breakers (we do) but lets keep this in perspective.

Hank

Nope don't drive and I hope you get kicked off a cruise for illegally carrying booze aboard and we will see if it is a crime. When you board a ship, you enter a foreign country I am neither as stupid as you are calling me or as malinformed as you are on Maritime law. I own vessel and am aware of the laws governing marine travel and port laws. The term "flag of convenience" has been in use since the 1950s, and it refers to the civil ensign a ship flies in order to indicate its country of registration or Flag_state". A ship operates under the laws of its flag state, and these laws are used if the ship is involved in a case under Admiralty_law". If you board a ship of foreign registry and if it is illegal to bring booze aboard they can put you in a brig. Any questions or do you want to get the books and read up on it.

Edited by WupperAV

Nope don't drive and I hope you get kicked off a cruise for illegally carrying booze aboard and we will see if it is a crime. When you board a ship, you enter a foreign country I am neither as stupid as you are calling me or as malinformed as you are on Maritime law. I own vessel and am aware of the laws governing marine travel and port laws. The term "flag of convenience" has been in use since the 1950s, and it refers to the civil ensign a ship flies in order to indicate its country of registration or Flag_state". A ship operates under the laws of its flag state, and these laws are used if the ship is involved in a case under Admiralty_law". If you board a ship of foreign registry and if it is illegal to bring booze aboard they can put you in a brig. Any questions or do you want to get the books and read up on it.

Please point me to one - just one - instance of this ever happening aboard a cruise ship.

to the Op - I have used Rum Runners many times in the past and never had a problem; I quit using them when the ships started coming out with their beverage packages.

Edited by alexspepa

Blah, blah, blah. Smuggling booze is violating a cruise line rule, not a crime. If you get caught they will confiscate your booze and probably your rum runners. You won't be denied boarding, kicked off the ship or put in jail or the brig. Sheesh. So common to confuse violations of contracts (civil matters) with crimes (criminal matters.)

It isn't illegal to bring booze aboard, it is a violation of the contract. Bit of a difference.

Out of curiosity read reviews of Blasani on Amazon. Mostly positive, 1 or 2 passengers got caught, some complained the bags leaked, this was fixed by using ziplocks over them.

We don't drink hard liquor, but I think... on the ships where bottled water is not allowed, this is one way to smuggle it on :)

This is from a poll conducted by Cruise Critic awhile back...

Is Alcohol Smuggling a Good Idea, and What's the Best Way to Do It?

More than half (66 percent, to be exact) of the 8,000 Cruise Critic members who responded to an alcohol-related poll said they've either smuggled or attempted to smuggle adult beverages onto a ship. We're certainly not condoning the practice, but apparently many of our members are.

The article continued on about the best ways to not get caught.

happy cruising

This is from a poll conducted by Cruise Critic awhile back...

Is Alcohol Smuggling a Good Idea, and What's the Best Way to Do It?

More than half (66 percent, to be exact) of the 8,000 Cruise Critic members who responded to an alcohol-related poll said they've either smuggled or attempted to smuggle adult beverages onto a ship. We're certainly not condoning the practice, but apparently many of our members are.

The article continued on about the best ways to not get caught.

happy cruising

Wow - what a sad comment on the ethics of so many CC posters.