New Beverage Package Question

brady19

Now that Royal has eliminated the different drink packages and there is only the one. I see it includes any drink up to $12. So if a drink or glass of wine costs more than $12, do I just have to pay the difference or is it just not included in the package?

Now that Royal has eliminated the different drink packages and there is only the one. I see it includes any drink up to $12. So if a drink or glass of wine costs more than $12, do I just have to pay the difference or is it just not included in the package?

Pay the difference plus 18%.

I've been thinking about this idea: Wine on board starts at about $33 per bottle, and you can bring two bottles on... So, if the wife and I drink about one bottle a night with dinner, we could buy 5 bottles at $33 to supplement the two we bring on: Instant alcohol package for two for only $165. What do you think?

I've been thinking about this idea: Wine on board starts at about $33 per bottle, and you can bring two bottles on... So, if the wife and I drink about one bottle a night with dinner, we could buy 5 bottles at $33 to supplement the two we bring on: Instant alcohol package for two for only $165. What do you think?

I was doing the math, also!

Well, I think that a single bottle of wine for dinner is pretty far from a beverage package.:D

Perhaps I take drinking too seriously but...

dp

If the only time you will be drinking alcoholic beverages is dinner, and wine is your drink of choice it definitely makes sense.

For most buying the beverage package, however, that is not the case so it would not work for them.

As usual it all depends on the person what is the best way to go.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Well, I think that a single bottle of wine for dinner is pretty far from a beverage package.:D

Perhaps I take drinking too seriously but...

dp

You are absolutely correct: If a bottle per day isn't enough, then this idea makes no sense for you! As I always say, Your Mileage May Vary!

If the only time you will be drinking alcoholic beverages is dinner, and wine is your drink of choice it definitely makes sense.

For most buying the beverage package, however, that is not the case so it would not work for them.

As usual it all depends on the person what is the best way to go.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Your mileage may vary.

Just off the Allure and I never saw any $33 bottles of wine. I did buy a couple from Gifts & Gear that were $36. But I can't recall any that cheap on the ship.

We had the drink package and the max is $13 per drink. It was cheaper to get 2-3 glasses of "free" wine than buy a $55 or more bottle for dinner.

We had Duck Horn just about every night with dinner and it was $65 by the bottle. But a glass was under the $13 so "free."

I bought one bottle of a cheaper white wine for the cabin at Champagne Bar and it was $58. But I got the 40% off for having a package.

These prices are all without the 18% added.

Just off the Allure and I never saw any $33 bottles of wine. I did buy a couple from Gifts & Gear that were $36. But I can't recall any that cheap on the ship.

We had the drink package and the max is $13 per drink. It was cheaper to get 2-3 glasses of "free" wine than buy a $55 or more bottle for dinner.

We had Duck Horn just about every night with dinner and it was $65 by the bottle. But a glass was under the $13 so "free."

I bought one bottle of a cheaper white wine for the cabin at Champagne Bar and it was $58. But I got the 40% off for having a package.

You are probably right about the bottle price. I didn't check before posting. Sounds like what you did worked great for you!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Besides the windjammer what other food places are open when we broad? What lounges or bar will be open? also can anyone tell me what are the red wine selections under the drink package? Can you purchase a bottle of wine from any of the bars???

Park Cafe will be open.

Besides the windjammer what other food places are open when we broad? What lounges or bar will be open? also can anyone tell me what are the red wine selections under the drink package? Can you purchase a bottle of wine from any of the bars???

I think Sorrento's and Park Cafe are open. Most all the bars are open. Red wine selection is huge and as long as the per glass is under $13 it's covered. We had some very nice red and whites that were all under the $13.

You can purchase bottles of wine from most bars, but some have a better selection than others. We found Champagne Bar and Vintages the best.

Actually, I just found my Compass for Day 1 and it shows these places open for lunch starting between 11:30 and noon.

Windjammer, Johnny Rockets, Sabor, Park Cafe, Vitality Cafe, Giovanni's Table, Solarium Bistro, Vintages Tapas, and Wipe Out Cafe.

It shows these places open for snacks: Cafe Promenade, Frozen Yogurt, Park Cafe, Boardwalk Dog House, Sorrento's, and Cups & Scoops.

We were in a suite so hung out at the suite lounge so I can't vouch personally for these places being open at embarkation.

Edited by jamesr3939

This theory works for me too. Bring 2 bottles, 1 bottle for having a Central Park room, and buy a few more bottles during the week. My husband might add 2-3 beers during the week, plus the 2 for 1 coupon helps there.

I don't remember the exact price, but I really enjoyed the cheapest Sauvignon Blanc available on the FOS. I tried a more expensive one and stuck with the cheaper one.

If we had the beverage package, I could see myself indulging in several virgin drinks in the afternoon and few more drinks later, but wine for dinner is all I really need.

You were able to buy alcohol on board and take it to your cabin? News to me!

This theory works for me too. Bring 2 bottles, 1 bottle for having a Central Park room, and buy a few more bottles during the week. My husband might add 2-3 beers during the week, plus the 2 for 1 coupon helps there.

Can you tell me about the 1 bottle for having a Central Park room part?

I have taken a beer back to our room a number of times. I was under the impression you could more or less take a drink with you anywhere on the ship that you had purchased at the bar. I haven`t taken a bottle of wine back to our room but I was led to believe that was perfectly ok. Perhaps someone like Bob with more knowledge than me could confirm that you can take any drink back to your room including a bottle of wine purchased at the bar.

I have taken a beer back to our room a number of times. I was under the impression you could more or less take a drink with you anywhere on the ship that you had purchased at the bar. I haven`t taken a bottle of wine back to our room but I was led to believe that was perfectly ok. Perhaps someone like Bob with more knowledge than me could confirm that you can take any drink back to your room including a bottle of wine purchased at the bar.

No problem taking any drink, including bottles of wine back to your stateroom.

Royal's only restriction with regard to alcohol in the stateroom is that they don't allow bottles of spirits (hard liquor) in the stateroom, like some other cruise lines. If you bring on bottles of spirits or buy them at the ship store, they will be held until the end of the cruise.

Edited by clarea

Will also add that although the rule is two bottles per room, security normally only looks at each person to make sure you have no more than two bottles of wine per person.** So if you are travelling with someone who doesn't want their own wine, they can bring on two bottles for you as well.

** Like many things, the level of rule enforcement varies from port to port. There have been stories of a table after the security scan where they tally how many bottles of wine are going to each room.

I have a question about the non-alcoholic drink packages. The Classic Soda Package says it includes the Freestyle machines and "Fountain soda and refills in any venue". The Refreshment Package says it includes the Freestyle machines but there is no other mention of sodas. Does that mean if you have the Refreshment Package then you can't get sodas in "any venue" except the Freestyle machines? I really like being able to go to any bar and get a soda without having to go on the hunt for a Freestyle machine.

Can you tell me about the 1 bottle for having a Central Park room part?

There is a new perk. check out this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2307353

and the RCCL website

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/harmonyoftheseas/staterooms/

I am hoping we get a red wine that my husband likes. I am very picky about my reds, as I am more a white drinker.

I have a question about the non-alcoholic drink packages. The Classic Soda Package says it includes the Freestyle machines and "Fountain soda and refills in any venue". The Refreshment Package says it includes the Freestyle machines but there is no other mention of sodas. Does that mean if you have the Refreshment Package then you can't get sodas in "any venue" except the Freestyle machines? I really like being able to go to any bar and get a soda without having to go on the hunt for a Freestyle machine.

You can still get soda anywhere on the ship with the Refreshmemt package.

There is a new perk. check out this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2307353

and the RCCL website

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/harmonyoftheseas/staterooms/

I am hoping we get a red wine that my husband likes. I am very picky about my reds, as I am more a white drinker.

Is this on Oasis class as well as Quantom class?