Can I do a family of 12?

cl.klink

Ken, it´s 4 bedrooms - see here:

ps.gif Four Bedroom Family Balcony Suite Two Master bedrooms with two twin beds that convert to Royal King. Two Master baths with tubs. Two bedrooms with convertible twin beds and two Pullman beds (one with bathroom). Guest bathroom with shower. Balcony with a whirlpool, dining area, and bar. Dining room with dry bar. Living room sofa converts to a double bed. Stateroom can hold up to 14 guests, must have at least 8 to book.

(1,142 sq. ft. Balcony (main level): 476 sq. ft.)

steamboats

My DH and I stayed in a RFS, just the 2 of us. We had plenty of room (obviously) and hosted a party for friends we made.

Merly,

We´re talking about the PS (Presidential Suite) not the Royal Family Suite (FS):

fs.gif Royal Family Balcony Suite Two bedrooms with two twin beds that convert to Royal King and vanity with chair. Two Pullman beds in second room. Living area with double convertible sofa, marble entry, entertainment center, two bathrooms - master bath with tub. Private balcony with table and chairs.

(580 sq. ft. Balcony 238 sq. ft.)

steamboats

I will warn you though, if Harmony dry docks between now and 2019 that room will likely be removed as it has been from the Oasis and Allure.

I doubt that... Both of the large suites on the Oasis/Allure have been replaced by smaller cabins/suites during the 2014 / 2015 dry docks. Despite that the Harmony was built again with a (just one) large suite (category PS). So I don´t think they will remove it during the next dry dock which BTW is not due prior to 5 years since deployment (so it´ll be 2021).

steamboats

You know what OP . . . . go for it!

If you can swing that 4 bedroom Family Royal Suite I say why not. I think people are underestimating exactly how big those rooms actually are.

Master Bedroom 1 - You and your wife

Master Bedroom 2 - Child 3 and SO

Bedroom 3 (with bathroom) - Child 1, SO and 3 kids (the 15 YO and 12 YO can opt for sofa bed or pullman in bedroom)

Bedroom 4 (no bathroom but will use 4th guest bathroom) - Child 2, SO and 2 year old

And obviously if bathroom space gets a little tight, you guys are close enough to say "hey grandson you can use our bathroom".

It will work and those suites are unforgettable. Just don't try to force a schedule on the ship. Allow family to roam on their own a bit. Obviously dinner together is so important, excursions and shows . . . but certain activities during the day may appeal to one child and their family, or the kids may have kids club activities . . . so give a little freedom.

I think it sounds great and I can only hope to one day have the opportunity to do something like that.

Have fun planning this!

Ken, it´s 4 bedrooms - see here:

ps.gif Four Bedroom Family Balcony Suite Two Master bedrooms with two twin beds that convert to Royal King. Two Master baths with tubs. Two bedrooms with convertible twin beds and two Pullman beds (one with bathroom). Guest bathroom with shower. Balcony with a whirlpool, dining area, and bar. Dining room with dry bar. Living room sofa converts to a double bed. Stateroom can hold up to 14 guests, must have at least 8 to book.

(1,142 sq. ft. Balcony (main level): 476 sq. ft.)

steamboats

Thanks, I missed the extra bathroom.

Merly,

We´re talking about the PS (Presidential Suite) not the Royal Family Suite (FS

Thank you, I understand it was a different suite. My point was that I think it is better to each have your own space. I recognise others have a different experience. Which ever is chosen I hope it works out.

Bedroom 3 (with bathroom) - Child 1, SO and 3 kids (the 15 YO and 12 YO can opt for sofa bed or pullman in bedroom)

How do you get 5 people in a bedroom with 4 beds? And BTW there is no sofa bed in those inside bedrooms. It´s 2 pullman beds.

The sofa bed is in the living area.

steamboats

How do you get 5 people in a bedroom with 4 beds? And BTW there is no sofa bed in those inside bedrooms. It´s 2 pullman beds.

The sofa bed is in the living area.

steamboats

I was saying, the 15 YO and the 12 YO could utilize the sofa bed outside or use the Pullman beds.

I too would go for the Suite. It's a special occasion and the Suite with all the amenities will feel special. The grand kids will love it especially the balcony with the hot tub. Sounds like tons of fun to me. A week of togetherness won't kill anyone and I'm sure will make for great memories. Whatever you decide have a great Anniversary! Cheers!

Appreciate all these thoughtful replies. I realize 2019 is a long way from now, so I can't book for a while. I'm just thinking and want to start allocating funds. I take the point that there can be too much togetherness. But that's what a big ship helps balance. And, we've done it before with a big beach rental house for a family event. Still, point accepted, and would think about separate rooms. Were I to book this 4 bedroom suite, there aren't many. Not sure I can snag it. Could a good TA be in a position to do this? How can I best strategize to grab this before it's taken up, once those bookings open?

- Joel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In your case get yourself a good TA that specializes in cruises & groups with RCI. It may sound simply to book and handle it yourself; but things can get complicated really fast. Having a TA handle everything takes the stress off of you. What if someone has to cancel last minute or air schedule get changed, etc.? So many things can go wrong that you never can plan for or think of. A good TA handles all the money and has inside sales rep with RCI to correct problems with one simple phone call. They can find you good cruise deals as well as to coordinate the best cabin assignments.

Edited by COMBOY

I think a good ta would be more likely to snag the suite if you decide that is what you want.

I would discuss it with each family and see how they felt before I made the decision to book it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Viv0828

If you are booking Oasis class this won't help but with Vogager class or Freedom class this is what we did....

We had 11 with 3 of those kids under 7.

DH and I booked a corner aft the day bookings opened and 3 additional inside cabins right across. The corner afts are larger then Jr suites for size with very large balcony. (2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table.) We used our room to gather, even had a couple of parties in there with plenty of room. Everyone enjoyed the balcony from time to time. We did book one of the grandkids in there on paper only as it is a D1 which needs to have 3 to book.

I handled everything but we cruise frequently. Two weeks prior I asked for a large table for all of us which was done and made sure all our reservations were linked. We paid for the cruise but each cabin paid for its on board expenses.

The suite would have been great but didn't fit the budget. In the end I think separate cabins were best so we weren't together all the time. We all had a wonderful time and hope in another ten years or so we can do it again. In the meantime we will rent houses in the summer where we all stay together for about a third of the cost.

Have a great time planning!

I think it comes down to how you all vacation. DH and I like to bum in our room, so we like to have our space. If it were my choice, I would do separate rooms with connecting balconies/rooms next to each other/across the hall feom each other. Child 1 would be better with 2 rooms I bet. There may be more kids by then as well...

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app