Rome accommodations

mkccltr

For anyone who has gone and stayed in Rome prior to cruising do you have a recommendation for housing. We will be 2 couples, 1 needing a queen size bed, 2 baths and either 1st floor or a lift. It would be for 4 nights. TIA

Five years ago, for my 50th, we did our own 17 day land tour of Italy. We stayed for 4 nights in a lovely apartment in Rome that I found on VRBO. It was very close to the Piazza Narvone and we loved the location! Have you looked at places on VRBO? I also booked flats in Florence and Venice using that site.

Edited by Ski Mom 2

We have looked at VBRO. Thanks for the info re. 1st floor being up one. The other couple we are traveling with has leg issues and climbing stairs is very painful.

We'll continue to browse and we have sometime to make a decision but I do know that they book up quickly.

Thanks for the info re. 1st floor being up one. The other couple we are traveling with has leg issues and climbing stairs is very painful.

You're welcome. I thought it might be something like that when you mentioned an elevator (Lift is the term in most of Europe, as you seem to know, if anyone else is looking at hotel websites). What we call the First floor is what they call the Ground floor. As Shaw said about the USA and Britain, "Two countries separated by a common language."

Edited by Langoustine

• 2 weeks later...