New Itins

Jancruz

To quote my favorite CD - "For fuuuture reference".......

There are often exceptionally good fares on Emirates from S. Africa to US in premium cabins - not the case for the reverse direction.

For example a First from Cape Town to SFO via Dubai was "only" around $3,300 - that is for a 9 + 16 hour flights in Emirates First with a shower! Business was obviously even less. The reverse from SFO to CPT was exactly $10,000 more - go figure.

CPT to SFO was the only premium international flight I had paid for in the last 15 years (or so) - the rest were for miles.

Keep that in mind when you decide to go to S Africa :)

Not just Emirates. But surprised on LH was able to find a RT from MCO-JNB for under 4K in Business. Almost took it but with over 1,000,000 miles in my FF account used 150K pp for RT Business going and First on *A carriers.

Just booked an Amazon Cruise on Sirena for 5 Nov 18. Our last one was on Insignia but was cancelled because of the fire. Our TA was working the 2-10 shift so we booked it late today - but got the cabin we wanted anyway. I do not think there was a high demand today (at least in the PM)

Edited by PaulMCO

Would be nice to have, of course ... but not make or break as either way, we'll make platinum by the end of 2018 ... which is nice ;)

The closer to platinum the more I'd want every credit. Hopefully for us by the end of 18 or sooner also.

Was it like O's 2 for 1 or the real thing? :D

Was sort of real thing -- but based on full flex business. However seats were extremely limited. Try to get to JNB and return -- no fares via MIA or IAD. Normal fare is over 8K PP. Was able to find PROMO fare IAH to JNB for $4200 return. Qatar runs regular promo's now they have a 20% off saver fares -- which is about 40% off the flex fares.

Flew FC via an upgrade on Qatar two weeks ago -- that is great service and the FC lounge in Doha beats any lounge of any airline.

Was it like O's 2 for 1 or the real thing? :D

LOL....Thanks Paul, I now need a new keyboard after that crack!:D

Seriously, it did look real, but needed to be from one of their US gateway cities - ad was for from $2110 rt each if two fly. I did fiddle with some links, never found the $2110, but did get some good fares to India.

We flew them economy a few years ago, from Istanbul to Dubai and I now get e-mails of their promotions. Some of the deals look pretty good. In fact they are running another promotion just now and I came up with an under $800 economy RT to Nairobi from ATL, within one minute of searching. Supposedly RT business is from $2435 - but, who knows where from and where to...:).