Harmony - drink package before you get room key

ckergald

I understand on Harmony when you board you do not get your room key/card at boarding but instead get it at your room when its ready a few hours after boarding. My question is I have a drink package and would like to have a drink with lunch on boarding day, how does one go about using their drink package prior to getting their room key ?

I understand on Harmony when you board you do not get your room key/card at boarding but instead get it at your room when its ready a few hours after boarding. My question is I have a drink package and would like to have a drink with lunch on boarding day, how does one go about using their drink package prior to getting their room key ?

Use your SetSail pass.

Wouldn't you just tell the waiter your room number? It should be in the system.

Personally I plan to go to my room whether it is ready or not to get my set sail pass/key. When I sailed on the Quantum that is what I did, just went to the cabin and got the keycards and went about my way. Not sure about the answers from people telling you to use the set sail pass when your question is about how to get a drink before you have the keycard.:confused: Hopefully someone will clarify soon if you can indeed get a drink w/o the card, I just don't see how you would.

Edited by cruisecrazy82

When we boarded in Barcelona we were told one key would be outside the stateroom at 1:00pm and the other key inside - they put it in the light slot. We could use our printed SetSail pass prior to that. By the way - having to put a key in the light slot became burdensome - since I also had the wristband - I sometimes left the key in the stateroom and the. Had to bumble around in the dark until I located my key. I was told by a lady to use another card like a Sams Club or something - just not a credit card. I used the hotel key card from the Barcelona hotel and it worked beautifully. When I left the cabin I pulled the card up far enough to disengage the mechanism and turn the lights off, but it was always there when I came in and just needed to push it into place.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why is it inefficient? You have your paper boarding pass in your hand when you get on the ship. You can start enjoying everything as they are still readying the ship for your departure. It certainly made embarking the ship much faster - from hotel in Barcelona, cab ride to port, checking in at port, security and to ships bar - 34 minutes total. Didn't have to wait for the bumbling that always happens in the "key roundup" port side. It was awesome!!

Why is it inefficient? You have your paper boarding pass in your hand when you get on the ship. You can start enjoying everything as they are still readying the ship for your departure. It certainly made embarking the ship much faster - from hotel in Barcelona, cab ride to port, checking in at port, security and to ships bar - 34 minutes total. Didn't have to wait for the bumbling that always happens in the "key roundup" port side. It was awesome!!

That's interesting. Glad to hear it works well. I'm just they type who doesn't like to have to carry around paperwork. But if it make the process go smoother, then that's great. I just prefer to be able to put all that stuff away as soon as I check in. But, I haven't seen any complaints about it, so it must work better than I imagine.

BTW - I see you are a quilter. I've been on two quilting cruises and own an online shop. No vacation better than a quilting cruise!

That's interesting. Glad to hear it works well. I'm just they type who doesn't like to have to carry around paperwork. But if it make the process go smoother, then that's great. I just prefer to be able to put all that stuff away as soon as I check in. But, I haven't seen any complaints about it, so it must work better than I imagine.

BTW - I see you are a quilter. I've been on two quilting cruises and own an online shop. No vacation better than a quilting cruise!

FYI, Quantum class ships have been working the same way since they started sailing a few years ago. Sounds weird but works just fine. Harmony is just following suit with the new check in process, as well as a few other technology changes, as Quantum has.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness! I want to do a quilt cruise so bad, but none of my friends will go. Going to have to bite the bullet and just do it...soon! I understand wanting to put things away - I usually board a ship with 2 carry bags. But I also try not to board much before 1:00 anyway.

Oh my goodness! I want to do a quilt cruise so bad, but none of my friends will go. Going to have to bite the bullet and just do it...soon! I understand wanting to put things away - I usually board a ship with 2 carry bags. But I also try not to board much before 1:00 anyway.

Don't know if you are married, but I took my hubby with me both times. He had a blast with the other husbands, and he took a cooking class on one of them. Find a friend or take a SO - just go! You won't be disappointed!!

Personally I plan to go to my room whether it is ready or not to get my set sail pass/key. When I sailed on the Quantum that is what I did, just went to the cabin and got the keycards and went about my way. Not sure about the answers from people telling you to use the set sail pass when your question is about how to get a drink before you have the keycard.:confused: Hopefully someone will clarify soon if you can indeed get a drink w/o the card, I just don't see how you would.

I haven't been on Quantum or Harmony, but on some ships, I've seen on some ships where they post crew members who don't permit you to walk to your cabin. Too bad you can't just give your room number, it would make roll calls popular again :) Hey Bob, what do you think of the drink packages? Enjoy that Corner Aft balcony you got!

FYI, Quantum class ships have been working the same way since they started sailing a few years ago. Sounds weird but works just fine. Harmony is just following suit with the new check in process, as well as a few other technology changes, as Quantum has.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I completely forgot the big ships have a different check in process, or so I've heard. I should stick to what I actually know about. LOL