First cruise out of port canaveral for epic=crazy!

mitsugirly

Ship to set sail at 4 and after a 2 1/2+ hour wait in lines that wrapped around the building and parking lot we made it on AFTER 4pm. Yikes! But we made it and it is beyond CROWDED! This should make for an interesting cruise and review 😳

I was at Grills watching you guys - we wondered what was taking you all so long to get going....

Excited to hear your insights. Sailing her two weeks from today and it will also be our NCL cruise. Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Come on over to our Roll Call! We are Tennessee folks, too. We just live in Florida, now.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2287400

Edited by Vol fan

Epic just arrived back to the US this morning after being away for almost 18 months. Provisioning, USPH and Coast Guard inspections all probably delayed boarding. When I disembarked at 830 am things were moving swiftly as we had all cleared immigration in San Juan a few days ago (total nightmare due to number of non US citizens, but that's a separate issue).

The first cruise after a Transatlantic will almost always have embarkation delays.

PS - be patient with the crew the next few days, they were EXHAUSTED due to the number of sea days and how busy the bars and dining venues were on the crossing....... The crew are really friendly on the Epic in general but we put them through their paces :eek:

By all means give the crew a break. There is no reason you should expect the same level of service AtlantaCruiser had.

I haven't had a chance to read all the comments (will do so when I make it home today) but we are back in port and it is 10:10am and they have only called platinum/priority (yellow) to get off the ship. I'm priority but the rest of my family is not and we are waiting with them. My flight isn't until 4:15 but part of our family flies out at 1:35 and it's not looking good at the moment. 😞

I haven't had a chance to read all the comments (will do so when I make it home today) but we are back in port and it is 10:10am and they have only called platinum/priority (yellow) to get off the ship. I'm priority but the rest of my family is not and we are waiting with them. My flight isn't until 4:15 but part of our family flies out at 1:35 and it's not looking good at the moment. 😞

What is the deal with the hold up? Did you get in late or is it related to the terminal and customs?

We're at Terminal 10 now waiting to board the Epic and so far they've made no announcements about delays. I hope they get it together soon. And can't wait to read your review! :)

Sent from my SM-N910T using Forums mobile app

Flying out of Orlando?! If they are still on the ship right now, they will never make it.

. . . but we are back in port and it is 10:10am and they have only called platinum/priority (yellow) to get off the ship. I'm priority but the rest of my family is not and we are waiting with them.

Could you believe where they positioned the tables for Priority and Yellow??

What were they thinking (assuming there was any thought process whatsoever) in making you cross the existing line of exiting passengers so you could grab your bags and then work your way backwards to join that line.

Sheesh!! :rolleyes:

Edited by DGP1111
grammar