Which Ship to spend 60 Days On

Life_Traveler

For what it's worth, I'd find a world cruise segment, even if I had to knock some of the days off to help finance the air fare to find the boat and get back.

Second choice would be the Caribbean, Canal, Mexico, Hawaii option.

I get that too...we are not above the land bouncing vacations at all! I was just trying to offer the OP and out of the box thought.

If I had a spare $70,000 laying around, no kids at home, and no job, I would enjoy a world cruise...but agree that you would be sacrificing the full experience of the land and people that you get when you stay in the heart of it 24/7. But one heck of a "welcome to retirement" plan!

I have a friend who will finish an around the world trip by land/sea only, every country in the world - over the course of many years continuously - for about half of $70k Just certainly not the luxury and simplicity we are accustomed to with cruise ships. :D I think he's averaging about 8 days per country, too.

https://www.facebook.com/Once-Upon-a-Saga-320287321444752/

Edited by BNBR

If totally unconcerned about ports - I'd do Harmony of the Seas with Royal or Vista. But I couldn't imagine doing 60 days without concern about the ports. I like some of the other suggestions like the Panama cruise.

I have a goal to spend a few weeks on a cruise ship but it is years down the road. Instead of spending the entire time all on one ship I plan to jump around the multiple ships that dock in Miami through the various lines. I really think it would be easy to schedule 4 separate ships. Just disembark that morning and get back on a couple hours later all in the same pier complex with a completely new ship and itinerary ahead.

I have asked my PVP to look at the Splendor before, during and after the Miami to LA. this would allow me a complete panama cruise instead of the partial i am doing in Feb. This will allow me to do some Western Mexico ports that I have never been to.

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas and hope he is able to find me what i want. I told him my only requirement is that it MUST be in the same room the whole time. I do not want to pack and unpack. I cruise often and do have some twerks about the way i do it and what i expect. However, i am allowed these as others are allowed there's.

If he cant do this i told him i wanted to know as soon as the Horizon Itineraries are published as they would diffinately have new ports for me and my wife for a while at least until it comes to the US.

Yep. Start December 17, 2017. You'll get a series of somewhat different itineraries for a month until she leaves for Long Beach on January 14th. Finish up in February with a lap or two on the Mexican Rivera route. She doesn't do Hawaii until later.

I think I'll dub that the Carnival World Cruise '17-'18.

Let me offer you one tiny piece of advice. Would one or two cabin switches be so horrible? What, maybe 90 minutes of your time? Perhaps you'll reconsider that. It might even be true that Carnival will politely ask some existing reservations to move (upgrade) given your sizable investment.

Good luck and have fun.

This is also a goal in my life !! not 60 days but at least a month in the winter :D

Friends of ours will book a cruise, and while on that cruise book a pack and go rate for either that ship or one in the same port. They are on a cruise right now and when they get off that one they are walking down to another terminal and getting on another ship. They book the cheapest cabins they can find.

I keep telling them, I want to be them when i grow up ( they are only a couple years older but retired :p )