Which Ship to spend 60 Days On

Life_Traveler

Thanks everyone for all these good ideas. also you have brought up things I didn't think of. I really like the Splendor idea as except for a Hawaii cruise I have not hit any of the west coast ports of Mexico. also the 30 days on one ship and 30 on another sounds interesting especially if Carnival will take care of the transfer.

I have never used a PVP in the past as I usually book myself but this will require my PVP to get involved and coordination.

My wife and I are discussing trying to spend 60 days on a Carnival ship during the winter of 2017-2018. We have only done as much as 22 days currently and was wondering what it would be like to spend 60 days. If you could chose one Carnival ship to spend 60 days on which one would it be. I am not as concerned with the ports of call as we have seen most Caribbean ones anyway so looking for comfort of the ship and friendliness of the crew.

I am hoping if i book long enough in advance i can make sure my PVP gets each leg in the same cabin.

You are my role model and inspiration. I can barely pay for my 7 days cruise :(

If it was me, I would branch out to Princess. I have no clue if this is a once in a lifetime trip for you or not, but for me, it would be. I would go to Australia and do a mix of cruises around there, New Zealand and the South Pacific. You could probably even catch a cruise to Hawaii on Carnival and then pick up a Princess from there.

The cruise lines really aren't that different - we like some things better than others on each - and talk about an adventure!

Surprised that the would Transfer to FLL for Conquest when Glory is right there in Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because Glory and Splendor do the same itineraries. Conquest's are different. Also, Glory sails on Saturday, Splendor on Sunday. So they would have to do Glory first. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

My wife and I are discussing trying to spend 60 days on a Carnival ship during the winter of 2017-2018. We have only done as much as 22 days currently and was wondering what it would be like to spend 60 days. If you could chose one Carnival ship to spend 60 days on which one would it be. I am not as concerned with the ports of call as we have seen most Caribbean ones anyway so looking for comfort of the ship and friendliness of the crew.

I am hoping if i book long enough in advance i can make sure my PVP gets each leg in the same cabin.

I would choose Carnival Sunshine which repositions to Port Canaveral starting November 12, 2017. I'd start with the January 7, 2018 13 night cruise which offers more southern Caribbean ports. I've cruised in the Caribbean in the winter time for many years, and have found the weather to be less windy and warmer in the southern Caribbean. The farther north you sail, the more likely it is for the weather to be unpredictable in winter. That 13 night cruise on January 7, 2018 is a Journey's cruise which offers more activities and a more in-depth passenger experience such as Academy of Fun, local entertainment and foods, crew connection, and throwback sea day.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3936

I also like the alternative restaurant options on Sunshine, such as JiJi's Asian Kitchen, Steakhouse, Cucina del Capitano, and Bonsai Sushi, which would give you more food choices.

Sunshine also has the most unique Adult Serenity area of any Carnival ship with the waterfall.

I stayed in a 1A cabin on Sunshine in cabin 1606 which actually had a king-sized bed in it over New Years 2013/14. Category 1A is the cheapest category. Whether there is still a king-sized bed in it, I do not know, but I certainly know it can be done. That is a great value.

I found the staff on Sunshine to be very friendly. They even called my cabin on my birthday to wish me a Happy Birthday.

Best wishes for whatever ship you choose, and I hope you enjoy your 60 days on Carnival. I think Carnival is a great choice for the atmosphere. I've sailed on many other lines including Princess, Holland America, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, and others, and I think Carnival overall has the best staff.

Edited by winddawn

I'm totally jealous of anyone who can do 60 days on a ship. My highest was 21 on 2 consecutive Journey cruises. By the end of those, I was certainly tired of hearing the Carnival CD announcements.

If the CD blares 8 announcements a day, at 5 minutes each, that's 2/3 of an hour per day. After 60 days of that, the CD announcements would total 40 hours. YIKES! That's a lot of shilling, too much for me.

Put me on a Southeast Asian cruise where the CD has laryngitis, or on any of the other cruise lines that limit the CD announcements.

60 days on a single cruise ship, traveling well worn paths...not my idea of a good time. With all the wonderful travel adventures that abound in our world I can sure think of many more options for a 2 month trip. If I was concerned about unpacking only once...I'd just stay home.

Ummm, ok?

Now, can you answer the question?

I just wanted to say that I'm jealous!! Lol But, if I ever had the option of 60 days on a cruise I'd probably go on the Vista because it's the newest and has a lot to offer. I do love the Conquest class ships though. Bigger isn't always better.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

The reviews on the Vista is not great. Under 60% love the cruise. I would go with Glory, Dream or Breeze.

Well, I think the Magic is the best, most comfortable ship I've been on, but.... If you look at the Splendor, it might have some cool places to go. You could start in December with a couple of Caribbean cruises, then on January 14, 2018 you could sail her from Miami to Long Beach thru the canal. Once in Long Beach you could do Mexico, and maybe a Hawaiian cruise. I haven't looked at actual itineraries, but I know it will do Mexico and Hawaii when it gets to Long Beach.

I'm guessing you could make 60 days work for you in several oceans and seas...

Bob

I was thinking Vista personally but because of this transition, this would be my pick hands down

60 days on a single cruise ship, traveling well worn paths...not my idea of a good time. With all the wonderful travel adventures that abound in our world I can sure think of many more options for a 2 month trip. If I was concerned about unpacking only once...I'd just stay home.

I would love it. My only anxiety during a cruise is that it is over in 7 days.

Gotta love this board. There's always someone around to go off topic with negativity.

I would definitely choose someplace you haven't visited, rather than 60 days seeing the same ports. I recently did a B2B2B (33 days) on the Vista. The first 2 Med legs did repeat a few ports, but there are is so much history in Europe, it was very easy to see different things on each leg. Then the TA had all new ports.

In 2012, I took a B2B2B on the Spirit repo to Australia (35 days), which included stops in the South Pacific, which still remains my most favorite place.

My first choice would be Horizon, but since you are looking at winter of next year, you are limited on your itineraries. I would definitely look at the Vista, since there are so many things to do. Even being on 33 days, I didn't do everything I had planned.

Somebody mentioned the approval rating. I would really like to know what exactly these people are looking for in a cruise. The only thing that most complained about was the theater setup, which is like the Sunshine. But like anything else, you make it work.

I haven't been on the Breeze, but it seems others recommend it highly.

I guess if you just want to enjoy the ship, and don't really care about the same itinerary (Caribbean), then I would definitely go with the ship that supplies a variety of things to do.

I would definitely choose someplace you haven't visited, rather than 60 days seeing the same ports. I recently did a B2B2B (33 days) on the Vista. The first 2 Med legs did repeat a few ports, but there are is so much history in Europe, it was very easy to see different things on each leg. Then the TA had all new ports.

In 2012, I took a B2B2B on the Spirit repo to Australia (35 days), which included stops in the South Pacific, which still remains my most favorite place.

My first choice would be Horizon, but since you are looking at winter of next year, you are limited on your itineraries. I would definitely look at the Vista, since there are so many things to do. Even being on 33 days, I didn't do everything I had planned.

Somebody mentioned the approval rating. I would really like to know what exactly these people are looking for in a cruise. The only thing that most complained about was the theater setup, which is like the Sunshine. But like anything else, you make it work.

I haven't been on the Breeze, but it seems others recommend it highly.

I guess if you just want to enjoy the ship, and don't really care about the same itinerary (Caribbean), then I would definitely go with the ship that supplies a variety of things to do.

I think European passengers are harder to please. I bet the Vista ratings will go up when it comes to North America.

As a fan of Cloud 9 Spa, it would have to be one of the ships with a full (true) Cloud 9.

I could see myself enjoying 60 days on a ship, especially if I had a balcony and the ship had the Cloud 9 Spa. It would be kind of cool to be on a ship that had alternating ports of call (IE: Eastern/Western Caribbean) - :)

I have asked my PVP to look at the Splendor before, during and after the Miami to LA. this would allow me a complete panama cruise instead of the partial i am doing in Feb. This will allow me to do some Western Mexico ports that I have never been to.

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas and hope he is able to find me what i want. I told him my only requirement is that it MUST be in the same room the whole time. I do not want to pack and unpack. I cruise often and do have some twerks about the way i do it and what i expect. However, i am allowed these as others are allowed there's.

If he cant do this i told him i wanted to know as soon as the Horizon Itineraries are published as they would diffinately have new ports for me and my wife for a while at least until it comes to the US.

If it was me, I would branch out to Princess. I have no clue if this is a once in a lifetime trip for you or not, but for me, it would be. I would go to Australia and do a mix of cruises around there, New Zealand and the South Pacific. You could probably even catch a cruise to Hawaii on Carnival and then pick up a Princess from there.

The cruise lines really aren't that different - we like some things better than others on each - and talk about an adventure!

We're actually doing a 6 week land trip to Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands this coming February and March. I'm thinking we'll be able to absorb more of the countries if we don't have to return to a cruise ship every night.

Of course, changing hotels every 3 or 4 nights gets old, but we decided to take in as much as we can thru land travel than on the sea. Even the puddle jump flights from one city to the next can be exhilerating.

We'll wonder if the recent earthquake in NZ will cause an itinerary change, since we were due to visit several of the most affected areas like Kaikoura.

Different strokes for different folks! It's all good!

Edited by evandbob

We're actually doing a 6 week land trip to Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands this coming February and March. I'm thinking we'll be able to absorb more of the countries if we don't have to return to a cruise ship every night.

Of course, changing hotels every 3 or 4 nights gets old, but we decided to take in as much as we can thru land travel than on the sea. Even the puddle jump flights from one city to the next can be exhilerating.

We'll wonder if the recent earthquake in NZ will cause an itinerary change, since we were due to visit several of the most affected areas like Kaikoura.

Different strokes for different folks! It's all good!

I get that too...we are not above the land bouncing vacations at all! I was just trying to offer the OP and out of the box thought.

If I had a spare $70,000 laying around, no kids at home, and no job, I would enjoy a world cruise...but agree that you would be sacrificing the full experience of the land and people that you get when you stay in the heart of it 24/7. But one heck of a "welcome to retirement" plan!