Early Flight from Ft Lauderdale

egh170

We are planning on using luggage valet, so what time are we allowed to leave the ship?

I believe a 10:25 flight is too early to utilize Luggage Valet - someone else will confirm for us but I wanted to throw that out there.

If so, then you will have the option to carry all of your luggage off as you self-disembark, or choose to be in one of the first numbered groups to disembark.

I believe a 10:25 flight is too early to utilize Luggage Valet - someone else will confirm for us but I wanted to throw that out there.

If so, then you will have the option to carry all of your luggage off as you self-disembark, or choose to be in one of the first numbered groups to disembark.

You are correct, the earliest time I've seen for Luggage Valet at FLL was 11:30am.

Thanks to everyone. Think we will use a later flight. The better half says she DOES NOT want to deal with carrying luggage.

You might check again to be sure Luggage Valet is available for your cruise. I went on FOS recently, and was planning on using Luggage Valet. I called RCI a few days before boarding to confirm it was available, was told it was (on two separate calls). When I boarded, Guest Services said it was not available, they offered a lame excuse that made no sense to me.

Anyway, I self disembarked. I had two bags got in line around 9am. I was thru immigration and in FLL airport an hour later. Very fast process, IMO. The line moved constantly and I grabbed a group taxi (minivan) for $11. Very easy disembarkation.

If we book a flight for departure time of 10:25am will we be able to make it.

Since we're practically "neighbors", you must be looking at the same American flight that we just booked. You don't have to disembark with your luggage. Have them take it off the night before along with everyone else's. Just ask for an early disembarkation time at Guest Services. A taxi ride from the ship to airport is less than 10 minutes.

• 7 months later...
If we book a flight for departure time of 10:25am will we be able to make it.

We just returned from Allure Sailing on Sunday, June 25th. We had a 9:30 Flight out of FLL, we were in Self Debarkation line by 6:30, moving thru Customs by 6:40 and at the Gate (via Cab) by 7:00 or so.

Thanks to everyone. Think we will use a later flight. The better half says she DOES NOT want to deal with carrying luggage.

If pulling my luggage from the terminal to a cab meant I'd be able to get home earlier I'd do it in a heartbeat.

It is really only a few hundred feet.

Take it off the night before...?????

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You set your luggage out the night before you disembark. You don't see your luggage again until you're in the terminal. Grab it, customs, cab, airport.

The end.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You set your luggage out the night before you disembark. You don't see your luggage again until you're in the terminal. Grab it, customs, cab, airport.

The end.

Flight should not be earlier than 11:30am if using Luggage Valet.