Room Service Breakfast

aubandit

That is the regular breakfast menu. There was a post recently with the expanded menu, but I can't find it. CC, AQ, and Suites have an expanded breakfast menu.

In reality, the regular breakfast menu is pretty much the same except for some of the premium drinks such as smoothies.

In reality, the regular breakfast menu is pretty much the same except for some of the premium drinks such as smoothies.

There are quite a number of items that are not included on the ordinary breakfast menu and not limited to smoothies. More cereals, better bakery selection, fried eggs with a choice of how they are cooked, prune juice (if you like prune juice). As it happens these are items I like to order. I would run out of space trying to write them all in (if I was able to make it legible).

There are quite a number of items that are not included on the ordinary breakfast menu and not limited to smoothies. More cereals, better bakery selection, fried eggs with a choice of how they are cooked, prune juice (if you like prune juice). As it happens these are items I like to order. I would run out of space trying to write them all in (if I was able to make it legible).

Beg to differ Phil and I do like prune juice. The written menus are one thing but almost everything you mentioned can be had on the regular menu by just asking. That's why I said in reality, its another one of Celebrity perks for certain cabins that really isn't.

Beg to differ Phil and I do like prune juice. The written menus are one thing but almost everything you mentioned can be had on the regular menu by just asking. That's why I said in reality, its another one of Celebrity perks for certain cabins that really isn't.

But, there's probably a large percentage of people who don't know you can ask for anything so it can still be considered a perk for certain cabins.;):)

Unless you know what the other menu says and you know the boundaries of what can be ordered over and above the standard menu by writing it on they aren't the same. The expanded breakfast menu is just that. It has quite a bit more on it. My experience of ordering room service breakfasts is that unless you keep it specific and your special requests are simple ones then it goes wrong. Having the expanded menu where you don't necessarily need to write anything extra and you stand a better chance of getting everything you asked for.

Do cabin breakfasts tend to turn up piping hot and fresh off the cookers, or a bit drab and time-worn? TIA.

I've never had it piping hot. Generally if I've ordered hot breakfast it needs to be eaten pretty quickly when it reached the cabin otherwise it goes cold pretty quickly. Perhaps eat the cereal after the cooked breakfast. Lol

Yeah, it is always fun to order room service breakfast once or twice- but to me, the buffet in Ocean View is the real deal. As much of the freshly cooked eggs and extra crispy bacon, fresh coffee, piping hot food, and even some conversation with others!

Sailing on Dec. 3 on the Reflection!

Attached is a link with the Concierge breakfast menu.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49319485&postcount=82

We were in an inside room & the menu seemed the same. There was an A la Carte addition for a fee if you chose. We did & it was worth the expense. On sea days we eat in the mdr. on excursion days we either do room service or the buffet, depending on the excursion time.

Do cabin breakfasts tend to turn up piping hot and fresh off the cookers, or a bit drab and time-worn? TIA.

On Infinity recently (AQ enhanced menu) room service was kind of a mixed result..

It arrived on time....no call to say it was on the way.

Eggs were cooked as ordered, not rubbery. Bacon/ ham also ok.

Coffee was good and hot,

Most of the items ordered were included..

No pancake syrup was sent for dh pancakes, although we wrote that request in caps on the form..My was toast was cold, By the time syrup arrived the pancakes were cold...

Ran into the Director of Room service and asked about the toast...was told it is a big problem for them and they are working on it....next time we'd get rolls or danish in lieu of cold toast,

It was fun dining on the balcony but not the best experience as to the food, Hope you have better luck

On Infinity recently (AQ enhanced menu) room service was kind of a mixed result..

Coffee was good and hot,

No pancake syrup was sent for dh pancakes, although we wrote that request in caps on the form..My was toast was cold, By the time syrup arrived the pancakes were cold...

Ran into the Director of Room service and asked about the toast...was told it is a big problem for them and they are working on it....next time we'd get rolls or danish in lieu of cold toast,

It was fun dining on the balcony but not the best experience as to the food, Hope you have better luck

Our experience with breakfast room service was pretty good. We did maybe 1/2 of the time breakfast in the balcony (same cruise as Hcat).

I don't recall getting a call warning that breakfast was on the way but I am a light sleeper and was able to hear the "knock on the door" just not as presentable as I would like. Breakfast was given in a time slot but ours always came close to the earlier time slot or slightly earlier.

We had special requests: I like my omelettes made with fresh cracked eggs and my husband likes avocados for breakfast. We would "write this down on the card". We got what we requested every time. The asparagus spears in the omelette was odd looking and I would find myself removing them as I wasn't sure if it was asparagus or some sort of pepper (it looked just like cut jalapeno pepper but my husband said at the end he could sort of see the asparagus spears. IDK, I just removed it.) We were in Concierge class but I think that if you were in a standard balcony, if request is not outrageous, they would accommodate (We never did room service before last cruise so unfortunately can't speak from experience. I will test this in Dec when I board the equinox as we have a regular veranda).

Edited by Sandy1975

Coffee was good and hot,

I don't think its reasonable to expect room service toast to be hot considering toast gets cold in about a minute....