Suite Dining Benefits

bUU

I'm trying to get a handle on what some of the benefits of booking a (full) suite for our upcoming cruise. We'll be booking in a week and a half so I better get busy learning what I need to learn!

The suite benefits flyer indicated the following:

• Exclusive Club Class Dining in the

main dining room for dinner every

day as well as breakfast and lunch

on sea days.†

• Expedited seating

with no wait

• Private entrance with host

• Dedicated wait staff

• Exclusive menu options

• Table-side preparation

How does this map to the choice the booking engine forces us to make when booking the cruise (between Anytime Dining and Traditional Dining)?

Exclusive Elite Lounge ... on

select ships

Is the Ruby one of those? If so: What's the schedule for this lounge and where is it located?

Complimentary specialty dining

mimosa breakfast (Daily)

Complimentary specialty dining

dinner on embarkation evening

The word "specialty" means something specific on some cruise lines... including Princess. Am I reading too much into this? In other words, is this saying that as a suite passenger, we can expect to book the Crown Grill (for example) for embarkation evening with no cover charge? Seems that way from what I'm reading. And what does the word "specialty" mean in concert with breakfast? Interesting... apparently, Sabatini's is open for breakfast. Wow... that looks nice. However, no Sabatini's on Ruby, so does that mean no incredible breakfast each morning for suite passengers on Ruby?

I'm trying to get a handle on what some of the benefits of booking a (full) suite for our upcoming cruise. We'll be booking in a week and a half so I better get busy learning what I need to learn!

The suite benefits flyer indicated the following:How does this map to the choice the booking engine forces us to make when booking the cruise (between Anytime Dining and Traditional Dining)? Don't know since that is a new program.

Is the Ruby one of those? If so: What's the schedule for this lounge and where is it located? The nightly (except on the night of Captain's Circle parties) cocktail hour for platinums, elites and suites is 5 to 7 and usually held in Skywalkers unless your cruise has an abundance of folks at that level. Then it will be held in Club Fusion. There will be an invitation listing the each evening's drink special and appetizer in your cabin.

The word "specialty" means something specific on some cruise lines... including Princess. Am I reading too much into this? In other words, is this saying that as a suite passenger, we can expect to book the Crown Grill (for example) for embarkation evening with no cover charge? Correct you can book either Crown Grill or Sabatinis with no cover charge. Seems that way from what I'm reading. And what does the word "specialty" mean in concert with breakfast? Interesting... apparently, Sabatini's is open for breakfast. Wow... that looks nice. We think it is one of the nicest full suite perks. However, no Sabatini's on Ruby, so does that mean no incredible breakfast each morning for suite passengers on Ruby? They now serve the full suite breakfast in the Crown Grill

Another thing to keep in mind is that full suites can order off the MDR breakfast, lunch and dinner menus (all food is delivered at once). Make sure you remind your steward if necessary to bring you the daily menus.

Thanks for the info.

Will there need to be attentive to booking the Crown Grill for embarkation evening dinner? Or since it is limited will it be something we could conceivably book once we board?

Thanks for the info.

Will there need to be attentive to booking the Crown Grill for embarkation evening dinner? Or since it is limited will it be something we could conceivably book once we board?

Pre-booking specialty dining is still not an option on Princess. Call the dine line (it's marked that way on your suite phone) as soon as you get to your suite to book that evening's dining. If it is just the two of you, there should be no problem getting a table close to the time you desire.

Our favorite suite perk is the breakfast in Sabatini's - or Crown Grill. Your steward will automatically bring you the breakfast menu each evening, if you should choose to have breakfast en suite. On disembarkation morning, when Sabatinit's/Crown Grill is not a breakfast option, being able to have breakfast en suite is an excellent benefit. We have found that you need to request the dinner menu if you would like to have it.

Booking anytime dining will "map" to the club restaurant feature for evening dining perfectly.

Edited by ggprincess2004

We have always booked when we boarded and it is one of the first stops we make. It seems the sooner you book the more times are available. We have never been turned away for the first night but have had an 8:15PM seating because nothing earlier was available.

On the Ruby Club Class Dining begins with cruises sailing December 10th. Assume your cruise is after this date, but if you are sailing before this date you will not have Club Class Dining.

It is unknown how Club Class actually works, so suggest you follow these boards for information once this begins.

I would guess your dining selection for Club Class will be Anytime, because that is what Club Class is. Your cruise card should be marked for Club Class Dining.

Another thing that is unknown is breakfast at Sabatini's (Crown Grill on the Ruby). Will this be eliminated with the introduction of Club Class Dining breakfast? We will have to wait to find out.

Another thing that is unknown is breakfast at Sabatini's (Crown Grill on the Ruby). Will this be eliminated with the introduction of Club Class Dining breakfast? We will have to wait to find out.

We do not have to wait to find out. The "Complementary specialty dining mimosa breakfast (daily)" remains a suite perk after Club Class Dining is introduced. They changed the description from "Sabatini's" to "specialty dining" because some ships no longer have Sabatini's. However, it will still be available.

The Club Class Dining breakfast on sea days is available for full suite passengers, since all Club Class amenities are also available to full suite passengers. A full suite passenger could choose to eat there if he or she wanted, but I don't know why anyone would choose to do so - unless he or she was traveling in a group with some Club Class mini-suite passengers and wanted to eat with them.

Once club class dining is in effect, you essentially have three options:

Traditional dining: fixed time, fixed table, same staff, it's the classic cruise experience. Choose traditional when booking your cruise; as a suite passenger, you'll get it, guaranteed. Note that if you link your booking with other reservations, they'll join you at your table, regardless of room category they're in.

Club class dining: enhanced anytime dining, in a section of an MDR. Enhanced menu (we think), perhaps a higher service level, proclaimed to be little to no wait (so capacity-controlled relative to room count, etc.). Choose anytime when booking your cruise; as a suite passenger, you'll get it, guaranteed. Note that only suite and club-class mini-suite passengers are eligible for this option; you cannot bring other people into the club-class dining area.

Anytime dining: show up whenever with a party/gaggle/band/team/group of whatever size, and tell the host/hostess how many, along with whether you're willing to share a table with others. You may experience a wait if the MDR(s) is/are full. Choose anytime when booking your cruise; as a suite passenger, you'll get it, guaranteed. Room category is not a factor in table assignments, so passengers of any cabin category can easily mix&match with this choice.

Specialty restaurants: if a cover charge is in effect for a particular dining venue, Princess considers that a specialty restaurant. This includes the classic four (Bayou Cafe, Crown Grill, Sabatinis, Sterling Steakhouse), the new world order (SHARE, perhaps something else in the works), and the pop-ups (Crab Shack, perhaps Salty Dog???). These are chosen by the passenger/cabin on a night-by-night basis, not as a blanket selection for the week, by calling the DINE line. Suite passengers normally get a free dinner at a designated specialty restaurant on embarkation night, as long as the cruise is long enough to qualify (7 days?).

Ultimate Balcony Dining (or Breakfast): booked through Room Service (not DINE), on a night (or morning) basis. No particular Suite perk that I know of.

• 2 months later...

New to Ocean Cruising. Only done River Cruising.

Does the breakfast in Sabatinis (or whatever the new venue is that is available to suite guests), differ from the breakfast available in the MDR.

Tryng to work out what cabin to book and what the benefits are.

Does the breakfast in Sabatinis (or whatever the new venue is that is available to suite guests), differ from the breakfast available in the MDR.

Yes, there is a different menu and you can pretty much order anything you want off the menu.

The service is over the top.

Mimosas, cappuccinos etc all included.

Quiet, not many other guests.

Breakfast in Sabatini's/Crown Grill has become our favorite perk. The wait-staff is top-notch. The mimosas are amazing. The pastries delish. The menu delightful. My fave is the eggs benedict. Tho the bagels and lox rock. Such a great way to start the day. Every morning feels like a quiet party with friends. I even asked for home fries one morning and, after describing how to make them, got them every morning! Rounding the Horn in Sabatini's last year is one of our most vivid cruise memories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Note that is for full suite guests, not mini-suite guests.