why are mid ship rooms more

luckyinpa

"Stay mid-ship and stay closer to the action."

this is the official reason to pay more for a mid ship room. i dont understand how being farther from all the stairs and elevators is closer to the action. do they mean as measured up and down through the floors? :confused:

seems like paying for mid ship is only really worth it if you get seasick

this is the official reason to pay more for a mid ship room. i dont understand how being farther from all the stairs and elevators is closer to the action. do they mean as measured up and down through the floors? :confused:

Yep, you got it right. When combined with a lower deck--less apparent motion=happier campers!

Thoughts....

• mid-ship has less front-back motion movements. I find the lower decks will have less pendulum roll.
  • mid-ship is more central to everything. This can also mean more hallway noise. I guess the size of the ship can make a difference.
  • dining area is usually in the back if you want convenience
  • there may be more engine vibrations in the back
  • the front may receive more wave impact
  • the front may be noisy from the theatres above or below your room

Personally, I like being near the front elevators, but not outside

• the front elevators are rarely used when I'm going to the dining room. Love the extra walk pre/post meals.
  • the front elevators are only busy pre/post evening shows
  • away from rear engine vibrations
  • as a night owl.... the entertainment noise goes away after 11pm. However, I've read that some places have entertainment going a little later.

i realized other ships may differ so wanted to say i've only been on the BA and pricing there.

that being said: i would say the hall would be less crowded because you are literally furthest from the elevators or stairs. so mid ship would have fewer guests going past your room id think. where if you were near an elevator, on the side toward the middle of the ship. 'everyone' would have to pass your room

i did enjoy 15 ft waves from both 16 forward and 8 mid ship and did notice quite the difference :)

There is always a way to justify a higher price for midship, it's just that the justification varies according on the ship… ;)

For the newer megaships with no midship elevators, "closer to the action" is completely false (unless you get all your action in the cabin). And it's not just the newer ships, check out Deck 6 on the Spirit… I would never choose this location on these ships, much less pay a premium for it. For others, "quiet" and "less movement" may be huge selling points.

Bottom line, if you care at all about your cabin location, never take their word for it what counts as a "better" cabin. Spend some time with the deck plans and decide for yourself.

I always get a midship room. I find them more stable and everywhere is closer than a forward or aft base. I have only sailed on the older ships with 3 elevator banks plus the Epic. On Epic we had a stern balcony and found walking from one end of the ship to the other a pain. Since then my arthritic joints have become worse. For that reason we will not sail on Epic again and will not consider any of the new away ships or Escape.

Location. Location. Location. High midship rooms are more desired and command a higher price.

It may be the "official" reason on ships with midship elevators, being central and having easier access to ship activities.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Only have to walk approximately no more than 500 feet from your room to the action rather than being at one end or the other and walking 1000 feet. :D

could you tell me what you did on nassau a few weeks ago? i see you just traveled there

also re: the breakaway that isnt true. if you are mid ship you gotta walk waaaay down to the elevators then waaay back to midship for the 'action' :D

also re: the breakaway that isnt true. if you are mid ship you gotta walk waaaay down to the elevators then waaay back to midship for the 'action' :D

In what world?

The Breakaway is 1,069 feet bow to stern. Even if you were in the exact center, you would only be 534.5 feet from either end...and the elevators are NOT at the bow or stern. I would guarantee that you could always be within 500 feet of an elevator.

in what world?

The breakaway is 1,069 feet bow to stern. Even if you were in the exact center, you would only be 534.5 feet from either end...and the elevators are not at the bow or stern. I would guarantee that you could always be within 500 feet of an elevator.

+1 =)

Edited by Heather1972