Royal Caribbean sale with free drinks package

Hi,

I'm looking to book a cruise for Feb or Mar 2018 with RC but last time my husband and I came back to a large alcohol bill. Was wondering if any of their regular sales include a drinks package or am I waiting for something that doesn't exist?

Thanks

RCI is very bad when it comes to freebies so don't hold your breath. Celebrity, on the other hand, has an excellent Go Best package which includes everything but not the best for children.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, X has had various perk offers for the last 4 or so years. with '123 Go', and the 'Go better, Go best' offers being the latest two.:D

We are going on Celebrity Solstice in March 2017 and got the beverage package included (which I've upgraded to premium).

Just hoping RC did the same as I think Celebrity might be a bit subdued for us (i.e. no doof doof music in the disco or lively evening shows), we are early 40s with no kids. We are going on Celebrity to celebrate my Mum's 70th birthday.

We are going on Celebrity Solstice in March 2017 and got the beverage package included (which I've upgraded to premium).

Just hoping RC did the same as I think Celebrity might be a bit subdued for us (i.e. no doof doof music in the disco or lively evening shows), we are early 40s with no kids. We are going on Celebrity to celebrate my Mum's 70th birthday.

I am sure you will find that there are parts of the ship that will cater for your likes. I suggest the Martini bar for starters, always a good vibe going on there and sometimes a little bit of doof doof as well.:D

I am sure you will find that there are parts of the ship that will cater for your likes. I suggest the Martini bar for starters, always a good vibe going on there and sometimes a little bit of doof doof as well.:D

Sounds great, really looking forward to it (and enjoying a few wines and cocktails).

Hi,

I'm looking to book a cruise for Feb or Mar 2018 with RC but last time my husband and I came back to a large alcohol bill. Was wondering if any of their regular sales include a drinks package or am I waiting for something that doesn't exist?

Thanks

If you book a "Star Class" suite on Ovation you receive the full drink package along with quite a few other things.

If you book a "Star Class" suite on Ovation you receive the full drink package along with quite a few other things.

Thanks rwil111, I'll look into that, especially if the price difference is not too unreasonable. I was hoping to go on Explorer but could give Ovation a try.

Ouch, just checked the prices, think it's best to just buy a drinks package. Cabins look amazing though

I thought it would as suite prices are quite high compared to the balcony rooms. At least they were for all the cruises I have looked at.

Sounds great, really looking forward to it (and enjoying a few wines and cocktails).

I'm on the same cruise. I won't have an alcoholic drink package (inside room and don't drink a lot) but I do want to hit the martini bar and try a couple [emoji483]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on Solstice (Alaska) in August and were surprised to find that entertainment seemed directed more at the younger crowd than we have previuosly experienced on Celebrity. I hope it has carried through for the Oz season. Also, the average age on Celebrity seems to be coming down a bit, much younger than we have experienced on Princess and RCI.

We were on Solstice (Alaska) in August and were surprised to find that entertainment seemed directed more at the younger crowd than we have previuosly experienced on Celebrity. I hope it has carried through for the Oz season. Also, the average age on Celebrity seems to be coming down a bit, much younger than we have experienced on Princess and RCI.

Definitely agree, even the production shows on the Connie, had moved into 80's, 90's, 2000's and the latest songs rather than the usual 50's, 60's and 70's songs

I would agree with that.

I have my fingers crossed that I'm not too young for going on celebrity at 39.

We are 40 and 44 (no kids) and worry about that too. Most of our friends are in their early 30s (and no kids also - our preference).

We like great food and wine - so for mainstream cruise lines this means Princess or Celebrity i.e. older people.

I loved Pacific Eden ship but the food was terrible and the entertainment not great (the adults only area and décor was pretty good though). P&O itineraries are great too - we love the short cruises.

Voyager of the Seas, we thought the food was great and entertainment great but there were quite a lot of kids.

So we are still hunting for a ship/cruise line that really suits us but then we are in the extreme minority - 40's couple/no kids (don't like any around)/aren't millionaires/want a fun atmosphere.

I would say that the cruise industry is in a State of Flux.

All trying to muscle in on the new type of demographic cruiser that is emerging.

I've been saying this for awhile.

The cruise industry will always chase the demographic that has the most disposable wealth.

Baby boomers ie 1945-1964 ,the youngest today would be 52, oldest 73

Generation X ie 1961-1981 ,youngest 35 oldest 55

That sounds very promising if the entertainment is directed at a younger crowd. I

don't mind the odd string quartet but opera or big band music is a step too far.

We are 40 and 44 (no kids) and worry about that too. Most of our friends are in their early 30s (and no kids also - our preference).

We like great food and wine - so for mainstream cruise lines this means Princess or Celebrity i.e. older people.

I loved Pacific Eden ship but the food was terrible and the entertainment not great (the adults only area and décor was pretty good though). P&O itineraries are great too - we love the short cruises.

Voyager of the Seas, we thought the food was great and entertainment great but there were quite a lot of kids.

So we are still hunting for a ship/cruise line that really suits us but then we are in the extreme minority - 40's couple/no kids (don't like any around)/aren't millionaires/want a fun atmosphere.

That gives me some hope [emoji3]

I'm traveling solo and no kids. I have nephews and enjoy them and the fact I can return them to their rightful owners.

I want a laid back cruise with good food and drinks. I don't think I would get that on p&o. And to be honest I wasn't impressed with the prices quoted or their itineraries.

I do want to try royal Caribbean and princess at some point once I survive the first cruise [emoji3]