cyber sale

StLouisCruisers

Well we got the "free gratuities" by cancel and rebook but they took away $400 in "welcome home" OBC from our October 2017 cruise. We are taking a cruise Dec 2016 - I wonder if my "up north" TA will be able to re-apply "welcome home" OBC to our October 2017 cruise when we get the notice upon returning home.

Edited by SFO PETER
added

Well we got the "free gratuities" by cancel and rebook but they took away $400 in "welcome home" OBC from our October 2017 cruise. We are taking a cruise Dec 2016 - I wonder if my "up north" TA will be able to re-apply "welcome home" OBC to our October 2017 cruise when we get the notice upon returning home.

My PCC was able to apply a "welcome home" OBC to a future cruise upon return home from a cruise. I would hope that you would also get it through your TA after your Dec/16 cruise.

[beginQUOTE=Alberta Quilter;51652783]My PCC was able to apply a "welcome home" OBC to a future cruise upon return home from a cruise. I would hope that you would also get it through your TA after your Dec/16 cruise.[/endQUOTE]

====

Nice to know and will try to get my TA to do this when I get the "welcome home" OBC notice from Dec 2016 cruise. Thank you.

Since everyone was checking for price drops during the Cyber sale I decided I would do the same. As previously mentioned, I wasn't able to take advantage of any price drops on my Alaska cruise. However, my TA was able to get me the Cyber benefits (beverage card and pre-paid gratuities) --- not a price drop but every little bit helps.

Karen: I missed this post (crossed in cyberspace with mine) -- $12.50 or $13.50/day +$25/person is def. better than nothing! Over $100 pp assuming a 7-day cruise. You just save it later instead of now.

I neglected to say also that we were not particularly early bookers on our cruise last year (2 staterooms booked in January and 2 later than that), and that we didn't have a TA at bat for us. And that the NA is a v.nice ship, DH and I spent 26 days on her in 2015.

Edited by crystalspin

[beginQUOTE=Alberta Quilter;51652783]My PCC was able to apply a "welcome home" OBC to a future cruise upon return home from a cruise. I would hope that you would also get it through your TA after your Dec/16 cruise.[/endQUOTE]

====

Nice to know and will try to get my TA to do this when I get the "welcome home" OBC notice from Dec 2016 cruise. Thank you.

Your TA should be able to do this. My HAL PCC says he will do it after my next cruise (no need to wait for the email offer either, just use code ZPM).

Edited by DaveOKC

Karen: I missed this post (crossed in cyberspace with mine) -- $12.50 or $13.50/day +$25/person is def. better than nothing! Over $100 pp assuming a 7-day cruise. You just save it later instead of now.

I neglected to say also that we were not particularly early bookers on our cruise last year (2 staterooms booked in January and 2 later than that), and that we didn't have a TA at bat for us. And that the NA is a v.nice ship, DH and I spent 26 days on her in 2015.

Glad to hear that the NA is a nice ship -- looking forward to sailing on her. Yes, we are happy with the Cyber deal - we are happy with any savings. With regard to the post that you referred me to yesterday, I am thinking that the poster got his OBC from booking with the TA --- we also got one from our TA when we booked in Sept. ($190 cabin credit).

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get an OBC for your 7-day Alaska cruise? I am on the NA and I am not receiving an OBC from HAL. Is your OBC from your TA when you booked your cruise?

Karen- I got $285 from a giant retailer that also offers TA services their name begins with a C. We are on the Oosterdam in an SY cabin for $1749 each sailing on Labor Day weekend which is 09-03-17.

-Paul

Karen- I got $285 from a giant retailer that also offers TA services their name begins with a C. We are on the Oosterdam in an SY cabin for $1749 each sailing on Labor Day weekend which is 09-03-17.

-Paul

Paul, thanks for your post. I had a hunch that the OBC was from your TA and not HAL --- we used the same group I am pretty sure -- We got $190.

Edited by Italy52

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone remind me please... was it one beverage card ($50) or one per person?

of course it's not on my confirmation.

Thanks.

Page 2 of our confirmation shows two $25 beverage cards. This info is listed on our conf. as "Special Services" and is under the cancellation fees matrix.

Can someone remind me please... was it one beverage card ($50) or one per person?

of course it's not on my confirmation.

Thanks.

We got this on the last cruise and instead of two cards (as listed on our reservation), only one. Actually, this was easier for us to use.

We got this on the last cruise and instead of two cards (as listed on our reservation), only one. Actually, this was easier for us to use.

That actually would be good for us too. I'd happily give my mother $25 to do whatever with to have just one $50 beverage card for me as she's not likely to get much use out of hers for booze or anything else.