Can anyone recommend accommodation near OPT, Circular Quay please?

Can anyone recommend a nice reasonably priced hotel near OPT Circular Quay? Ideally somewhere we can just wheel ourselves and bags to once disembarked. We have one night (4 Jan) before flying home next day, and hope to do some shopping. Don't mind walking a ways to and from shopping area. Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Can anyone recommend a nice reasonably priced hotel near OPT Circular Quay? Ideally somewhere we can just wheel ourselves and bags to once disembarked. We have one night (4 Jan) before flying home next day, and hope to do some shopping. Don't mind walking a ways to and from shopping area. Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Four Seasons is perfectly located for a short, even surface walk with luggage from OPT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four Seasons isn't cheap but is a great hotel. We usually stay at the Intercontinental (again not cheap) but it is on the other side of Circular Quay and there is a downhill walk. We had relatives stay at the Holiday Inn - it's pretty ordinary but for one night it's fine.

Agree regards The Four Seasons. You can usually save $200 or so if you book early online.

What I especially like about it's location is that if it's raining you can walk part of the way to the ship undercover of the Cahill Expressway & it's also downhill. Plus the walk is usually less congested than trying to walk down one of the normal width footpaths with morning shoppers etc.

Four Seasons isn't cheap but is a great hotel. We usually stay at the Intercontinental (again not cheap) but it is on the other side of Circular Quay and there is a downhill walk. We had relatives stay at the Holiday Inn - it's pretty ordinary but for one night it's fine.

A comment on the Holiday Inn. A tour operator we know says there is one good thing about Holiday Inn - no surprises. The rooms are not great, but you know what you are getting.:) This is probably not an important consideration in well-developed countries where it is fairly easy to assess the standard of a hotel by looking at the ratings.

A comment on the Holiday Inn. A tour operator we know says there is one good thing about Holiday Inn - no surprises. The rooms are not great, but you know what you are getting.:) This is probably not an important consideration in well-developed countries where it is fairly easy to assess the standard of a hotel by looking at the ratings.

For us HI is all about location, location, location.

Agree it needs a bit of start up, but what a location if sailing from the OPT.

And for one night it is fine, just not a hotel I would book for a weekend in Sydney for example.

Unlikely I would either, but perfect pre cruise. Or in this case post cruise.

Edited by GUT2407

We have just checked in to Holiday Inn. The room is a bit tired and could do with a link of paint in the bathroom but otherwise ok. Note though: no tea/coffee facilities

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'd never noticed that.

I have booked the Shangri-la - the only hotel I could find with twin beds in a disabled room - didn't really want to share a bed with my 90yo Mother! Quite pricey though especially night 2 March 2017 - Mardi Gras I suspect!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have just checked in to Holiday Inn. The room is a bit tired and could do with a link of paint in the bathroom but otherwise ok. Note though: no tea/coffee facilities

Just a quick correction we found the kettle, coffee, etc hidden in a cupboard

We stayed at the YHA Sydney harbour in the rocks. It's a 5 min walk to the OPT. Ten mins with luggage as there's some stairs. But we managed.:)

We got a double room with ensuite. It was priced very well for the area and we were really happy. It was clean, best and tidy. And even being a Saturday night - it was quiet.

They have free WiFi in the lobby, a kitchen and a roof top terrace where you can watch the ships come in. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk