excursions: Pre-book cost, up front with the ship?

edenrayne

Just tried to make a reservation for a tour and I had to pay for it right then. Every other ship it goes on your ship board account. What's with NCL?

It was changed to pay at time of booking quite some time back. Was previously on your ship board account.

Just tried to make a reservation for a tour and I had to pay for it right then. Every other ship it goes on your ship board account. What's with NCL?

That's the way it is with NCL. It's been that way for a number of years.

The exception is if you have a NCL shore excursion credit as part of a Free At Sea promotion. In that case, you can pre-book your shore excursion with the charges being added to your on board account once you sail.

Are you sure this is correct?

Are you sure this is correct?

Yes. If you follow the directions for booking shore excursions with the Free at Sea ShoreEx credit, you call a specific telephone number and they will book with no immediate charges.

Your onboard account is charged for the full value of the Shore Excursion. Once you complete the tour, you will get your $50 or $75 credit applied to your onboard account for each port (up to 4).

We have sailed on around 5-6 cruises with ShoreEx credits (most recently on the Jewel in August and Dawn in September of this year).

Yes. If you follow the directions for booking shore excursions with the Free at Sea ShoreEx credit, you call a specific telephone number and they will book with no immediate charges.

Your onboard account is charged for the full value of the Shore Excursion. Once you complete the tour, you will get your $50 or $75 credit applied to your onboard account for each port (up to 4).

We have sailed on around 5-6 cruises with ShoreEx credits (most recently on the Jewel in August and Dawn in September of this year).

Thank you. I guess you have to do it on the phone instead of online.

Are you sure this is correct?[/quote

I checked my account and although we do have the excursion credit, we cannot use it to pre-book excursions. Have to pay ahead like everyone else.

If you call NCL to make your excursion reservations and have the ShorEx perk you won't be charged pre cruise. You'll be charged onboard and the credit applied after each excursion is taken.

I've used this process and have booked 3/4 excursions for my next cruise with this perk. I've been quoted my prices and can do the math to get a final cost once the credit is applied.

Keep in mind the credit is just once per cabin per port. If you don't take an NCL excursion in a given port you will forgo the perk for that port.

Edited by Nola26