Frozen Planet: A Visual and Musical Journey

ETinCA

Hi all,

This show was on our last night of the Eurodam cruise last week. Just curious what others thought of it who have seen it. We honestly didn't care for it (especially for a finale show), but were curious of other opinions.

Hi all,

This show was on our last night of the Eurodam cruise last week. Just curious what others thought of it who have seen it. We honestly didn't care for it (especially for a finale show), but were curious of other opinions.

Was this some type of abridged version of the several part series of 4 years ago?

We enjoyed the BBC version so much more than the American one.

We were lucky enough to see and hear it on the Kdam last week and it was awesome. Maybe it was a combination of the World Stage (great venue) and the fantastic orchestra. Amazing sights and sounds. We were kinda surprised that it was the on the last night but we would gladly go back to experience it again.

Kdam did not use the 270 degree panoramic screens - doubt it was filmed for that - but there was one very large center screen and a smaller screen on each side. Having live music written specifically for each segment was delightful. Very well done in our opinion .

I don't remember the screen sizes that are used on the Eurodam or know if the quality of musicians was as wonderful as the Kdam last week. But we love nature and like good orchestra music. A winning combination for us.

Hi all,

We have not seen it but it was showed on our Oosterdam cruise in the Med this summer. We were quite surprised that they elected to show it on "gala" night. We prefer something with a bit more atmosphere on gala night than a movie, however great it may be.

It was a standard square screen on the Eurodam so it probably wasn't as dramatic. I guess for me it was just a non-exciting way to finish a cruise with a show like this. I was thinking some energy and farewell fun. The music and scenery was nice and all, but maybe for during the day or mid-week on the cruise?

We were lucky enough to see and hear it on the Kdam last week and it was awesome. Maybe it was a combination of the World Stage (great venue) and the fantastic orchestra. Amazing sights and sounds. We were kinda surprised that it was the on the last night but we would gladly go back to experience it again.

Kdam did not use the 270 degree panoramic screens - doubt it was filmed for that - but there was one very large center screen and a smaller screen on each side. Having live music written specifically for each segment was delightful. Very well done in our opinion .

I don't remember the screen sizes that are used on the Eurodam or know if the quality of musicians was as wonderful as the Kdam last week. But we love nature and like good orchestra music. A winning combination for us.

We also saw this on the Koningdam and enjoyed it! In the round it was really spectacular. The music accompanying was beautiful! Probably a very different experience in the round!

Hi all,

We saw it on the Oosterdam last September and loved it. The live orchestra added such a wonderful component . I can't remember if it was on a Gala night though.

Thanks for reminding me of a highlight oh the trip

Terri

We saw it on our recent cruise in the South Pacific... cooled us off!

I'm easily entertained and I thought the photography was exceptional and the music good, but tough to really appreciate both at the same time, at least for me.

A close-up seat is good for this one. We had the BBC version. I think HAL is using this type of entertainment as a cost saver. Many people don't attend the show on the last evening due to packing, trying to a good sleep in before a long travel day.... so why pay for an entertainer?

I think on our last night we had one show of the HALCats in the show lounge at 7:15 - we were at dinner so didn't go. We had a nice farewell gathering the afternoon before the last day which was standing room only. m--