Called upsell dept nothing available

rayness

I'm sailing solo this Saturday Dec 3rd on Epic and called the upsell dept today and was told no cabins are available for upsell. But I can still book a cabin on NCL's website. I'm in a studio and wanted a balcony.

The representative stressed the fact that I would pay the 200% solo supplement. Yeah I'm aware of this I told her.

Anyone else experience this?

Epic isn't included in the email bidding upsell process otherwise I would have gone that route if I received the bidding email.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by rayness

I'm surprised by that. I called for a different sailing the week after your trip on a different ship and told no upsells available yet but that was a couple weeks back. I'd think by now they'd be clearing out for your sailing.

Did they ask you if you had gotten an email - they did to me even though our ship (and yours) is not part of the bid process. I told her no and she checked and said none available yet.

You can keep trying but the problem is that you are in a studio/solo. I've been told it is more profitable for them to sell a balcony to 2 or more new guests and get those new sources of onboard spending than it would be to upgrade/upsell you and resell your studio.

I'm surprised by that. I called for a different sailing the week after your trip on a different ship and told no upsells available yet but that was a couple weeks back. I'd think by now they'd be clearing out for your sailing.

Did they ask you if you had gotten an email - they did to me even though our ship (and yours) is not part of the bid process. I told her no and she checked and said none available yet.

No, she didn't ask about an email. Next time I'll book a balcony right out the bat.

You can keep trying but the problem is that you are in a studio/solo. I've been told it is more profitable for them to sell a balcony to 2 or more new guests and get those new sources of onboard spending than it would be to upgrade/upsell you and resell your studio.

Makes sense that's probably why she stressed the solo supplement and that I would pay more to upgrade.

No, she didn't ask about an email. Next time I'll book a balcony right out the bat.

If you are travelling solo, know what cruise you want to go on and flexible as to your cabin, watch prices. Keep an eye on the price and when you think it's good, book it - especially when you are dealing with off-peak weeks.

Can someone explain what the upsell process is? I booked an inside guarantee on the Breakaway for my Dec 18 sailing, and got put on deck 12 an I1 category. I'm sorta curious as to what the price would be for an upgraded room, but I have no idea what the upsell process is or how it works. Thanks in advance.

If you are travelling solo, know what cruise you want to go on and flexible as to your cabin, watch prices. Keep an eye on the price and when you think it's good, book it - especially when you are dealing with off-peak weeks.

Absolutely! I have a solo Getaway TA booked next year and I made sure I booked a balcony for that cruise. I booked a balcony for my Princess cruise in 2018.

I thought I could get an upsell deal last minute. I'll be ok in the studio cabin. Plus I'll sleep well since it will be dark in the cabin at night. I'm already packed and ready to go.

Can someone explain what the upsell process is? I booked an inside guarantee on the Breakaway for my Dec 18 sailing, and got put on deck 12 an I1 category. I'm sorta curious as to what the price would be for an upgraded room, but I have no idea what the upsell process is or how it works. Thanks in advance.

Upgrade is free. Your cabin is changed to a higher priced cabin. The upgraded cabin could be the same booked category with a better location, or the next higher category if you are lucky.

Upsell works the same way as the upgrade, except that you pay for the cabin change. You are either sent an email offer or sometimes, you can call them. Cabin change for a fee is usually to a higher category, say from inside to balcony.

Edited by easyboy

I called the upsell dept to try to get an upsell cabin. I was willing to pay the difference in price for a solo cruiser.

In your case and someone correct me if I'm wrong the Breakaway participates in the upsell bidding program. You will receive an email from NCL inviting you to bid on an upgraded cabin. The Epic doesn't participate in this program so I didn't research the bidding program that much.