Do I bring a suit?

sailor554

........We got over formal nights many, many cruises ago. Would not even think of sailing a line where they would be required. Happy with Celebrity to make our lives so much easier :)

NCL started the relaxed dress code years ago with their "Freestyle Cruising" concept. Funny how most cruise lines have adopted the relaxed dress code policy also.

I vote no. Formal or semi-formal dress on a hot weather cruise is dumb in my opinion. Too hot to wear comfortably and takes up valuable packing space for one or two occasions you feel pressured into wearing. At most maybe a sport coat, but then no. You are going on a cruise vacation for relaxation and perhaps cultural enrichment; not sailing the north seas on the a luxury liner where dress codes were used to identify the class of passengers, which btw is the era from which the nonsense of formal night on contemporary cruises sprung. LOL. Watch the movie Titanic and see how comfortable it might have been trying to scramble into the few life boats dressed in tuxes and ball gowns. If that's not sufficient then watch Poseidon Adventure and cancel your reservations. RFLMAO.

A pretty dumb question considering the dress code is well explained. But I am doing a 10 day cruise in late January 2017 going though Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. I have always over-packed so should i take a suit, sports coat or just good casual clothes for dining and evening activities?

We still take suits, but a sport coat collared dress shirt & nice shoes will be fine.

I vote no. Formal or semi-formal dress on a hot weather cruise is dumb in my opinion. Too hot to wear comfortably and takes up valuable packing space for one or two occasions you feel pressured into wearing. At most maybe a sport coat, but then no. You are going on a cruise vacation for relaxation and perhaps cultural enrichment; not sailing the north seas on the a luxury liner where dress codes were used to identify the class of passengers, which btw is the era from which the nonsense of formal night on contemporary cruises sprung. LOL. Watch the movie Titanic and see how comfortable it might have been trying to scramble into the few life boats dressed in tuxes and ball gowns. If that's not sufficient then watch Poseidon Adventure and cancel your reservations. RFLMAO.

For those WHO choose to dress up the temp in the ship is controlled. You really don't think it's hot inside, do you?

We have a cruise on Royal later this month where they still have formal night. My Grandson is now 23 and has been cruising and wearing a suit on formal night since he was 3. He is delighted to know he can ditch the suit for our cruise in June on the Equinox. He's carrying a dress shirt and slacks and the girl he's taking along with us will be wearing a sundress.

We have a cruise on Royal later this month where they still have formal night. My Grandson is now 23 and has been cruising and wearing a suit on formal night since he was 3. He is delighted to know he can ditch the suit for our cruise in June on the Equinox. He's carrying a dress shirt and slacks and the girl he's taking along with us will be wearing a sundress.

Perfect.

Since Celebrity replaced formal nights with chic nights, I bring a blazer, a sporty bow-tie and a regular neck tie. If there are three chic nights, I usually just wear the blazer without sans tie. This is my preference and others have theirs.