Stinger-pr's fascinating honeymoon, Fascination cruise review- Oct. 16-23, 2016

Stinger-pr

Day 5: St. Lucia conclusion

A few minutes later we had our orders taken. DW had the marinated chicken tenders (not breaded, grilled) and I had the jerked chicken wings. Both were very tasty and had good temperature.

20161020_182806_zpstq9sas91.jpg

20161020_182810_zpsv7alyac0.jpg

We both went for the braised short ribs and they were amazing (sorry, we were so hungry we didn’t take pictures of the food and dug right in).

Dessert consisted of cheesecake and one melting cake (guess whose was it…lol).

20161020_192630_zpsekynyi3d.jpg

Both hit their mark and were delicious. The cheesecake was awesome!!! I must be boring you by now with my “long dinner service” rant but it took about one and a half hour from the moment we were seated to the moment they bought us our dessert (so it was close to two hours when we finally left). The MDR was not that busy at that time and there were no dancing servers tonight while we were there so go figure.

After dinner we went over to a few different backgrounds (again!!) to have some more pictures taken (this is going to end up being expensive!!) and went to the Pixels Gallery to see the photos from the previous session. BTW, one of the reasons we visited so many backgrounds on different nights was that they rotate the backgrounds all week long. Some of them (like the piano setting) would repeat during the week but other we only saw just once. We were sifting through our pictures for a while and we picked the ones we liked and stacked them together so they would be easier to get when we finally end up buying them. We went over to the gallery each and every night to find that day’s morning gangway shots and the previous day’s promenade backgrounds and did the same thing over again. This is one feature of Carnival sailings that I am very critical of. Come on Carnival, digitize and simplify the darned process already!!! The amount of photo paper that goes to waste from pictures that people don’t want is incredible. The pictures themselves are expensive enough and there are no packages or bundles to be had in order to save money. There are other lines doing this a bit cheaper, with lest waste, with better overall satisfaction and I bet with less operational costs.

We walked around the shops and other areas of the ship killing time, waiting for the Love and Marriage show to start. Once it did (to maybe a 1/3 full theater) it was hilarious!! The “controlled-spontaneity” of the show made it a very entertaining offering. DW and I played along from our seats (thank God we weren’t chosen to participate in this one!!) and I beat DW with a perfect score!! (yeah!!!).

After the show we had somehow grown hungry again, so we headed to the pizza place to find it completely empty!!! We ordered some pepperoni pizzas and took our plates to the outside aft seating area to enjoy the quiet of the night, the breeze, the moon shining on the water and the lights of Dominica in the distance.

20161020_233930_zps0iocg9dg.jpg

20161020_193530_zpstsvvgs13.jpg

We stayed for about half an hour after we finished eating and headed back to the room and to tonight’s towel animal.

20161020_221235_zpsityw1iyk.jpg

So after another amazing day in St. Lucia and an entertaining evening on the ship we hit the sack to get some energy back for St. Kitts the next day.

Still following and still loving re-living our cruise. The newlywed couple that was picked for the Love and Marriage show? They were our table mates at dinner:D. They quickly became our friends and we still communicate on the site that shall not be named.

Still following along and really enjoyed your St. Lucia portion. We have gone with Spencer both times we were in St. Lucia (Beach break the first time; Land, Sea, and Beach Adventure the second) and have enjoyed them both times. I was very happy the second time in 2015 when they remembered us from 2013!!! We'll definitely go with them again next time we do this itinerary (when...???) but we've both agreed on the "Beach Break".

The pictures you have are just beautiful!!! Love the one of the Piton with the other boat and the one of the Pitons from the boat when you were leaving.

Loving the review. WE did this itinerary back in May and absolutely loved it. Your St Lucia pictures were fantastic. We did a different tour that hit all over the island and we were exhausted by days end but saw just about all we could pack in!

Definitely will be doing this itinerary again....and again.......

Thanks for this review. I've been on this itinerary on Valor and I'm taking my boys back this summer. I was hoping to find a review with details on this ship. Also glad to see Sugar Beach, as we had visited this beach as part of the tour we did last time and I didn't remember which beach it was. We may go back there as it was awesome snorkeling. However, I may look for a beach closer to port for something less expensive.

Still following and still loving re-living our cruise. The newlywed couple that was picked for the Love and Marriage show? They were our table mates at dinner:D. They quickly became our friends and we still communicate on the site that shall not be named.

That is awesome!! I do remember that couple. Poor guy seemed to know very little of the girl he married...lol. But it was all in good fun!

Absolutely stunning pictures of St. Lucia!!!! Thank you!!!:D:D

Now, if they would just put a Dream class ship in San Juan to do this itinerary. lol

Thank you, again!:D:D

Thank you for reading and I'm glad you liked the pictures

A Dream-class ship on THIS itinerary? That will never, ever happen. IF (and that's a big if) Carnival decides to move the Fascination out of San Juan I bet the largest ship replacing it would be a Conquest-class again. Ships like the Dream class and even Vista and beyond are meant to be very much a destination as any of the stops they make. That's why those ships have itineraries with two or more sea days on them, so people can enjoy the ship as well as spend, spend, spend on the ship. on a port intensive itinerary like this one, the ship becomes a secondary attraction. Let's face it: people don't take an itinerary like this one just to remain on the ship while in port and see the islands while on their balconies or on Lido. These island are to be enjoyed!!

Now, one perk of cruising on such a small ship is that everything from the ship to the beaches on the islands are less crowded since there are so many less passengers. I mean,no lines at the pizza counter all week??? I couldn't ask for more!!

You keep posting these great pics makes me want to do that cruise so bad. I wish a ship such as the Breeze or Dream would do that cruise.

See the post above....

Trust me,forget about the ship!! plan something for every island every day. At night there's something to do or enjoy somewhere on the ship. You'll love it.

If you enjoy snorkeling and you've never been to Roatan, definitely go there. The coral and fish are amazing. For me it's the best in the Caribbean.

A western Caribbean cruise is on the table for us but that willhave to wait a while since our next planed cruise is on summer 2018 with our three combined kids. But by the time I reach the western Caribbean trip I plan to be SCUBA certified. I'm loving snorkeling so much, I'm planing to take it a step further.

Still following along and really enjoyed your St. Lucia portion. We have gone with Spencer both times we were in St. Lucia (Beach break the first time; Land, Sea, and Beach Adventure the second) and have enjoyed them both times. I was very happy the second time in 2015 when they remembered us from 2013!!! We'll definitely go with them again next time we do this itinerary (when...???) but we've both agreed on the "Beach Break".

The pictures you have are just beautiful!!! Love the one of the Piton with the other boat and the one of the Pitons from the boat when you were leaving.

I knew you guys would relate to the St. Lucia part since you've done the same tour. This marked the third time doing the Land, Sea and Beach Adventure tour so I'm ready for just spending the day at the beach or doing something else altogether. Our next trip is with all our kids (my girls and her two boys) and, since my daughter and DW have talked so much about snorkeling in St. Lucia, the boys just want to go and do the same since they've already done a land tour (although not with Spencer).

For me it was a real surprise she remembered me and my daughter since the last thing you expect is to be remembered somewhere so far away by people with whom you shared but just a few hours.

Loving the review. WE did this itinerary back in May and absolutely loved it. Your St Lucia pictures were fantastic. We did a different tour that hit all over the island and we were exhausted by days end but saw just about all we could pack in!

Definitely will be doing this itinerary again....and again.......

Thanks for following and for your kind words.

I've done some research about other land tours in St. Lucia but most interesting spots are so far away from port that I really cringe at being stuck in a van for so long (which is what I ended up doing the next day in St.Kitts anyway...). At least on the tour we took they take you by speedboat. It's a 45 minute ride to the first stop but at least you have more fun and see the island from a different perspective. Either way we too were exhausted by days end. It's days like those that make being on a smaller ship so much better. You don't have to do much walking to get anywhere!!

Thanks for this review. I've been on this itinerary on Valor and I'm taking my boys back this summer. I was hoping to find a review with details on this ship. Also glad to see Sugar Beach, as we had visited this beach as part of the tour we did last time and I didn't remember which beach it was. We may go back there as it was awesome snorkeling. However, I may look for a beach closer to port for something less expensive.

Thanks for your words and I'm happy that my review helped you in any way to plan your trip.

There is a beach near the port called Vigie Beach (or something like that). It's located north of the port on the other side of the airport and It's the closest one. It's about a 1/2 hour walk from Poit Seraphine terminal or a 5 minute ride (depending on traffic). From what I've read, it's not really a snorkeling beach, it's more like for a relaxing beach day.

Edited by Stinger-pr

Thanks for following and for your kind words.

I've done some research about other land tours in St. Lucia but most interesting spots are so far away from port that I really cringe at being stuck in a van for so long (which is what I ended up doing the next day in St.Kitts anyway...). At least on the tour we took they take you by speedboat. It's a 45 minute ride to the first stop but at least you have more fun and see the island from a different perspective. Either way we too were exhausted by days end. It's days like those that make being on a smaller ship so much better. You don't have to do much walking to get anywhere!!

We used Cosol Tours as a friend at work had done it and recommended it. I had Spencer's tour on my list before using Cosol. I agree, the rides on those roads were LONG. We were on a boat just long enough to get to that beach and back. We had our teen kids with us so it was a great learning thing for them and see as much as possible in a day as well. But hey, at least we DID get to stop at the banana plantation, learn about them and taste them along with banana rum, ketchup and another sauce!!!

We used Cosol Tours as a friend at work had done it and recommended it. I had Spencer's tour on my list before using Cosol. I agree, the rides on those roads were LONG. We were on a boat just long enough to get to that beach and back. We had our teen kids with us so it was a great learning thing for them and see as much as possible in a day as well. But hey, at least we DID get to stop at the banana plantation, learn about them and taste them along with banana rum, ketchup and another sauce!!!

Seriously? Banana ketchup? Sounds yummy!

Seriously? Banana ketchup? Sounds yummy!

Ohhh...you have no idea!! I bought a small bottle of that banana ketchup from a local vendor just outside the Toraille falls when our tour stopped there. It was homemade but it tasted awesome. Like regular ketchup, only sweeter. And it's yelow-ish so the last thing you'd expect is that it tastes like ketchup. There's a more mainstream, local brand called Baron that you can buy at the regular stores there. There's also banana hot sauce from Baron (which of course, I had to buy). Unfortunately I never got to try the banana rum.

We loved Spencer last time we were there. We did the Jalousie Beach Break last but we are doing the Land, Sea, and Beach tour this time. Thanks for posting all the pictures!

I continue to love the review, thanks again for taking the time to post!

Ohhh...you have no idea!! I bought a small bottle of that banana ketchup from a local vendor just outside the Toraille falls when our tour stopped there. It was homemade but it tasted awesome. Like regular ketchup, only sweeter. And it's yelow-ish so the last thing you'd expect is that it tastes like ketchup. There's a more mainstream, local brand called Baron that you can buy at the regular stores there. There's also banana hot sauce from Baron (which of course, I had to buy). Unfortunately I never got to try the banana rum.

Is it only available on St Lucia? Might be worth booking another cruise on Fascination :).

Yes! and Banana BBQ Sauce. Im not one to try "new" things and the thought of those two things made of banana didnt appeal but wow, it was tasty. We bought a couple bottles of each to bring home!