mini suite on Royal

georgiacat

We have not sailed on Royal/Regal before, but I hear that their balcony cabins are very small (smaller than the Caribbean Princess). Is it worth the money to book a mini suite (balcony) for the extra space? What are the main differences between the balcony and mini suite cabins on Royal? How are they different from cabins on the Caribbean Princess (or similar ship)?

We have not sailed on Royal/Regal before, but I hear that their balcony cabins are very small (smaller than the Caribbean Princess).

We have sailed on the Caribbean Princes and the Royal in regular balcony cabins and find no noticeable difference in size. If you're comfortable with the size of a regular balcony cabin on the CB, you be fine in one on either the Royal or Regal.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

We have not sailed on Royal/Regal before, but I hear that their balcony cabins are very small (smaller than the Caribbean Princess). Is it worth the money to book a mini suite (balcony) for the extra space? What are the main differences between the balcony and mini suite cabins on Royal? How are they different from cabins on the Caribbean Princess (or similar ship)?

we particularly like the full size sofa and larger table on the mini. Also, on the Royal, it has full tub instead of small stand up shower.

We always try to get mini suites...

We found the balcony to be more shallow than on other ships, but adequate. Besides the bathroom with more elbow room, being able to shower and move around is wonderful. The best thing to me is the lightproof curtain that lets one person read or sleep in bed while the other watches tv is worth the money. There's a "living room" tv and one to watch in bed. All in all, eorth the extra money to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your responses. We might try a mini-suite next year to see if we like it. We may not be able to return to a regular balcony if we like it too much.

Royal class class ships have a wondeful new class of cabins called Deluxe cabins, halfway between regular balcony and mini-suite. They are larger larger than a regular balcony but smaller than mini and have a small sitting area with sofa and table,, regular balcony itself, etc. They make a great compromise between the two...no bathtub, but normal bathroom. But the extra space and sitting area is lovely.... Many are on Emerald deck, which quotes obstructed views, but mainly that's the lifeboat below you obstructing the view directly down to ocean, but not looking out to see. Many of them have larger than standard balconies too.... Worth checking out...

We will be sailing on the Royal for the first time in October. Would love to have booked a mini suite, but the combo tub/shower won't accommodate my DH who is 6'5". The bathroom has a step up, and the tub also has a step up. This reduces the amount of head room, and the hubby doesn't want to crouch down or bend over while showering. I'm commenting just to give a "heads up" to others who may be considering booking a mini and are on the tall side.

Balcony CABINS on Royal & Regal are the same size as the Grand & Gem class balcony cabins. It's the size of the BALCONIES themselves that are smaller on the newer ships. The newer DELUXE balcony cabins are a bit larger that the other balcony cabins but there is no increase in the actual balcony size.

The interiors are very similar, but the Royal and Regal have slightly larger bathrooms. On the Royal and Regal the actual balconies are Hobbit sized.

Balconies on the Caribbean Princess:

Balcony Cabin: 9'x 5' and 9' x 9' on the Caribe deck

Mini Suite: 9' x 6'

Balconies on the Royal and Regal

All categories are 9' x 4'

There are some cabins with extended balconies which you can find on the deck plans

On both ships stern facing cabins have various sized balconies.

Regal/Royal balconies are very small.