Junior Suite Guarantee ~ Allure

mafig

What are your thoughts on choosing a Jr. Suite Guarantee on Allure?

The price difference is $142 p/p ($284). Worth the chance?

One of my questions is the size of the balcony. I know the suites on the middle hump are large enough for one or two loungers. But what about the balconies not in the middle? Can a lounger or two fit?

Oh, and I'm not too thrilled with connecting rooms either.:o

One of my questions is the size of the balcony. I know the suites on the middle hump are large enough for one or two loungers. But what about the balconies not in the middle? Can a lounger or two fit?

We did one last year and ended up with a hump cabin on the 6th floor. We really enjoyed it. It was connecting but we had no problems with noise. If anything we heard more from the hallway but maybe we just had really qiet neighbors.

I'd do it for that price and never had a problem staying in a connected. No loungers in the JS when we sailed Allure in 2014. There were two of these.

Edit: Sorry, just went back and checked that reservation and it was GS and not a JS.

051b95c2-a40d-4eb6-b6e3-bb5e9a57edbb_zpsd8698b2a.jpg

Edited by Big_G

We've never risked a guarantee because you never know where you'll end up. We had friends who booked a guarantee and got a cabin under the pool which was very noisy at night when the attendants were moving chairs to clean. We like the JS, but would only book one on the hump. We enjoy our balcony and want the larger one. That's why we always book far in advance and pick our cabin. If you arent' afraid to gamble, go for it and be happy wherever they place you.

There really aren't any bad JS on Allure. They are all in a great location. Some just have a little bit larger balconies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you (or anyone) know if the not so larger balconies still have room for a lounger?

My other concern is the reports I've been reading of JS's having a problem getting into Coastal Kitchen. Most of these have been on Harmony, however. Then the sailing I'm looking at is April 2 which is still Spring Break time.:eek: These concerns have nothing to do with whether or not to book a guarantee though.

Do you (or anyone) know if the not so larger balconies still have room for a lounger?

My other concern is the reports I've been reading of JS's having a problem getting into Coastal Kitchen. Most of these have been on Harmony, however. Then the sailing I'm looking at is April 2 which is still Spring Break time.:eek: These concerns have nothing to do with whether or not to book a guarantee though.

I'm sorry, I can't answer that. I've had JS on Allure and Oasis with the larger balcony and have had 2 loungers plus a tall table with 2 chairs. I do know that the balconies that are angled on one side also had the loungers and table/chairs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just ask yourself: am I willing to pay $20 more per day for each of us to enjoy a Junior Suite?

That's your answer.

Judging from your own comments, I would say you are not a good candidate for a JS guarantee, regardless of how good the deal is. If you didn't get the deck or location you want, you would not be happy. Pay the difference and book the cabin you want.

I think I'd be able to talk myself into it if I could find out if the JS balconies that are NOT center-hump were large enough for and had at least one lounge chair.:)

I think I'd be able to talk myself into it if I could find out if the JS balconies that are NOT center-hump were large enough for and had at least one lounge chair.:)

I am going to guess and say, 'no'. They are wider than a regular (D) balcony, but they are not deep.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned on this thread that once your guarantee has been assigned a cabin you can, with a NA booking, switch to another available cabin in the same category. Currently there is quite a few (27) JS cabins available for next year's April 2nd Allure cruise and most (20) have the larger hump balconies.

We've done 23 guarantee booking and have found when cabin availability is good we usually get our cabin assigned quickly. We booked two X GTYs for our next month's Anthem cruise while on our Brilliance TA in October and got our side by side mid-ship deck 12 D5 cabins assigned to us the next day as there were plenty D5s showing available.

Below are the JS cabin numbers currently showing available for that cruise.

attachment.php?attachmentid=399879&d=1481400137

AllureJSApr17.jpg.67842429d1a95e3568a2c1d443707d82.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

One thing is certain, you are guaranteed to get a Junior Suite that nobody else wanted or picked!

Not always as I've found that anytime, especially just before the final payment date and later, cabins have become available as those who have selected them have decided not to go or are forced to cancel for some reason.

We've been able to switch our assigned cabin quite a few times to one more to our liking that suddenly became available so it's worth while to check availability in the category you have if one is looking for a change. ;)

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned on this thread that once your guarantee has been assigned a cabin you can, with a NA booking, switch to another available cabin in the same category.I know that, but I was afraid that I'd be one of the ones who would still be waiting for my assignment days before the cruise.:( Currently there is quite a few (27) JS cabins available for next year's April 2nd Allure cruise and most (20) have the larger hump balconies.

We've done 23 guarantee booking and have found when cabin availability is good we usually get our cabin assigned quickly.That's good to know! We booked two X GTYs for our next month's Anthem cruise while on our Brilliance TA in October and got our side by side mid-ship deck 12 D5 cabins assigned to us the next day as there were plenty D5s showing available.

Below are the JS cabin numbers currently showing available for that cruise.

attachment.php?attachmentid=399879&d=1481400137

Thank you for your feedback!

I am going to guess and say, 'no'. They are wider than a regular (D) balcony, but they are not deep.

Actually, they are deep. Almost all of the JS are on the hump, if I'm remembering correctly, and that provides a deeper balcony. The ones at either end of the hump look to be wide enough to accommodate at least one lounger. We had two loungers on our Oasis JS last month.IMG_1481413263.799236.jpg.bca948cc835732744085c3867f3128c6.jpg

Edited by travelgoddess1

• 2 weeks later...

We have just come home from our first cruise, a back to back East and West Caribbean cruise on the Allure.

As we only booked about 3 weeks before we sailed we were given a guaranteed Superior Balcony Sea View Stateroom, first week we were on Deck 10 cabin 10-726, good stateroom, no problems, the following week we were allocated Deck 14 14-162, which is right under the hot tub on the next Deck 15, each time this hot tub fired up, at about 15 - 20 minute intervals, there were several very noisy whooshing noises, sounded like a movie scene of a submarine launching a torpedo, several times, then, the continuous noise of the hot tub. We complained to customer services several times over the first couple of days, even got allocated an emergency cabin one night so we could get some sleep. Next day we were informed that they would have the hot tub "out of use" from midnight until 8 am, not brilliant solution considering the corresponding hot tub on the other side of the ship was not in use as of 8 pm every night, but at least we could sleep, but some other passengers totally ignored the "Do Not Use, Closed for Maintenance" signs shifted the seats that were in their way of access, also removed the "do not use" sign and starting using the hot tub at 7 am. Did get a call on day 5 from Customer Services asking if the problem had been resolved, told them it was not and we were still unhappy about the noise level in this stateroom. We got the the impression that we were being strung along by Customer Services knowing we only had a couple of days left of the cruise and I do believe Royal Caribbean are fully aware of this problem as we cannot be the first to complain about the noise.

As I said this was our first cruise and would book another cruise with Royal Caribbean in future but we would definitely be in control of which cabin we booked.

Hope this helps.

We've had connecting rooms with no noise issues. I would grab the JS and be happy to have the walk-in closet, plenty of storage space in the main room and additional storage in the bathroom. We ate in the Coastal Kitchen and had no difficulty making a reservation.

We had a fabulous time on the Allure and hope you will, too!