LIVE from the Regal - Eastern Caribbean - 12/11/16

CanadianBurger

Hmmm...haven't seen Curtis Stone on the menus.
I noticed that too. Interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Actually, there was a CS option on the Embarkation night menu, last item on the right side. That is the same as on our 11/21 cruise on the Pacific. CS options weren't on the anytime side but on the right side. There wasn't a CS entree option every night but one of the CS choices, Pot Pie, Pork Belly or Seafood Stew were on the right side of the menu about half of the days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My mistake, your right it was a Norman Love dessert. I'm wondering if Princess served the Norman Love chocolate pops on formal night during the champagne water falls. I was disappointed in September on the Caribbean Princess during our Canada/New England cruise. One of the servers said they discontinued serving them.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Actually, there was a CS option on the Embarkation night menu, last item on the right side. That is the same as on our 11/21 cruise on the Pacific. CS options weren't on the anytime side but on the right side. There wasn't a CS entree option every night but one of the CS choices, Pot Pie, Pork Belly or Seafood Stew were on the right side of the menu about half of the days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see it now at the bottom of the page. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Amber Cove

The weather was beautiful, and surprisingly, there were no flies, mosquitoes, or any other insects to bother us. We're not folks to lie around a pool (especially when there's perfectly good deck chairs and included food and beverages aboard ship) so I just walked around and took some photos. There is a Sky Bar, which I climbed 87 steps to reach, only to find it closed, but I took a pic from the top where the zip line is. Being a Carnival-built port, the atmosphere was more geared to the Carnival party crowd with the Vista in port. It's too bad she didn't leave first so we could have sat on our balcony to witness the drunken pier-runners falling all over themselves to catch the ship...

14e2d18ae8360069245e45e13c940388.jpg

baaf0fc50674fcc631ad6295bf5d15a6.jpg

47ab643bfaf1dd173b93a8c6472081d4.jpg

8409720fd09bb7d584d34b29c22af46b.jpg

a8b7a65b14f56e520d22d7c283f98703.jpg

My mistake, your right it was a Norman Love dessert. I'm wondering if Princess served the Norman Love chocolate pops on formal night during the champagne water falls. I was disappointed in September on the Caribbean Princess during our Canada/New England cruise. One of the servers said they discontinued serving them.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

They weren't offered on the Pacific last month. That must have only been for the 50th Anniversary year [emoji26]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Beautiful photos. Love following along!

After all the shades of blue Caribbean water, it's so odd to see the murky brown water of Amber Cove. The port looks fun though!

-Andrew :)

Finally got to see the production show Fiera. On a previous cruise where it was supposed to be on, a cast member was ill, and another show was substituted.

Loved it! Great foot-tapping music, gorgeous costumes, and a wonderful performance.

After the show, Daniel and Kimberly Craig put on an amazing acrobatic performance in the Piazza. I've seen them before, and they never disappoint. Looking forward to their next show later in the cruise.

68a860cc9fb308958315d01982da4824.jpg

d694cfcf864bf3bafad452838da1158d.jpg

ae7532e36e07c2d21ecf5b57a46603e9.jpg

Geocruiser and us missed winning trivia by one point!

After that I talked to the Photo Manager. He knew about the special $49 package price on the Royal, but said they were testing it on just the one ship. Apparently they are going to test various different packages (10-photo packages, for example) on different ships to see what gets the most traction. He also offered some insight into how photos will work on the Majestic: your photos will show up on your smartphone, and you can order them from your phone. There is no photo gallery.

It will be interesting to see how that works out.

Only a guess, but I think sales will go down unless a person has the all inclusive photo package.

o I do not think the facial recognition software is yet good enough to actually show you every photo you are in (it certainly was not very good when we were on the Royal Princess and used their kiosks.)

o Not everyone has a smart phone (including me).

o Unless the software to show/purchase photos is extremely simple to use (and available for a number of languages), passengers will just skip trying to use it.

o Comparing two photos I expect to be harder on a smart phone that holding a print of each.

I also wonder what protection there will be to stop passengers from just saving a copy of a photo on the smart phone.

Thanks for the pictures and info. We are on the Regal in just 6 days. It's great getting a sneak peak at the patters. I look forward to reading and seeing more from you. Have a great cruise!

We'll be on the same cruise - can't wait! I've been avoiding looking at the Patters though...I enjoy the "surprise"! lol