LIVE from the Regal - Eastern Caribbean - 12/11/16

CanadianBurger

I see that the M&G was on the Horizon Terrace. How was that arranged as Princess usually puts the M&G in Club 6?

Because no one wanted to do the meet & greet so I stepped up at the last minute. Had maybe a little over 2 weeks to arrange. Therefore they gave me the Horizon Terrace.

I made 70 fancy name tags, asked for a bartender-was near-by, sent invites to the officers and major people on the ship, I decorated the railing with garland, I put Xmas napkins on the tables. Wind prevented more decorating.

The weather was terrible-so much wind. I was sea sick for 2 days after the meet and greet.

Many other people sick cause of the seas.

Because no one wanted to do the meet & greet so I stepped up at the last minute. Had maybe a little over 2 weeks to arrange. Therefore they gave me the Horizon Terrace.

I made 70 fancy name tags, asked for a bartender-was near-by, sent invites to the officers and major people on the ship, I decorated the railing with garland, I put Xmas napkins on the tables. Wind prevented more decorating.

The weather was terrible-so much wind. I was sea sick for 2 days after the meet and greet.

Many other people sick cause of the seas.

When she was new, we in the Caribbean on Royal and it was rough like that. The captain actually explained to the passengers that the "state of the art" stabilizers don't work with the wind. My husband wears the patch,and I take Bonine. We were okay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great review! I was on 12/4-12/11 and was happy to read your experiences .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Us too. It was a great cruise, you think? Weather was great, as well. Sunny, and warm. :)

I posted a short review here. http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=557331

Edited by Kingofcool1947

CanadianBurger- you are getting us really excited for our February cruise. It is frigid in NY and we are expecting our first snowstorm. This will be our first time on the Regal. How do the staterooms compare to the Grand class ships?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The cabins themselves on the Regal are slightly smaller & balconies also smaller..good news is there is a 42" flat screen Samsung on the wall & lots of movies for late night or rainy days, unlike the small, outdated 26" TV's on the older ships....also, for me BIG difference is the shower- they have HAND -HELD showers, unlike the Crown Princess , which had the old 1960's "shower head" style..I find it much better to use hand held showers to get the sand out of hard to reach places and clean your body better..A/C is much quieter also on the Regal..DW & I are going 1/8 17 on the Regal & will post a full report when we get back..as a cruise agent, I have been on many ships ( was on the Regal for 3 days in 2015), so I will make a comparison to the RCI/NCL/ Disney/ all other ships we have sailed...looking forward to this cruise....

Big Al

thank you for the great review! what was the name of the resort in the Amber Cove section with the pool, cabanas and ziplining? Thank you!

That is just Amber Cove itself. The whole port area is owned by Carnival Corp. exclusively for the use of Carnival and Princess ships (and maybe some of the other lines owned by CCL.)

Edited by CanadianBurger

• 3 weeks later...

Wow!! We are sailing next month on the Regal and cannot wait thanks to your great pictures and information. Now my mouth is watering for the fancy food. We are going to be part of the new Club Class, that should be interesting.

Thanks again!!

Wow!! We are sailing next month on the Regal and cannot wait thanks to your great pictures and information. Now my mouth is watering for the fancy food. We are going to be part of the new Club Class, that should be interesting.

Thanks again!!

Have a great time! Let us know how the Club Class is.

• 4 weeks later...