LIVE from the Regal - Eastern Caribbean - 12/11/16

CanadianBurger

We were on the Regal last month and went to the same ports so I will be following along.

We love Mongolian BBQ night - that's the best thing in a very good buffet IMO.

Interesting that the embarkation lunch times weren't in the Patter on the Regal but were displayed in the one you posted for the Royal.

As for the parmesan basket, I complained about it last month and our waiter called the headwaiter over to explain. He said that it was expensive and time consuming to make the baskets and they noticed that most people were not even eating them, so it was a lot of waste. I asked if they would at least do it on request and they said they could not. Unfortunate but I certainly understand.

Hope you enjoy your cruise on the Regal as much as we did!

Wandered around the ship a bit. We're sailing into gale force winds. It was so windy at the retreat pool that I thought my contacts were going to fly out of my eyes.

537d4377153dc8284173e1b96a945d52.jpg

By contrast, the stern of the ship was positively serene.

884206e77f146b82f12d4de24d1e190e.jpg

Lido is busy...

1cc66eb588047e96857c768ea5d75991.jpg

Looking down through the SeaWalk

65bd2b0053b6a616f37533b8de545ab9.jpg

Edited by CanadianBurger

On the cruise with you. We are loving it. We've found lots of good places out of the wind and the temperature is great. Not too hot. Our balcony is at the perfect angle. We have an extended. I was able to set out at 11 pm last night and sitting there now.

Loving it.

I guess more brunch, actually, since we both had Eggs Benny, with the addition of cheddar cheese.

3b84a01e58b0bd9c9eaa17235962ad54.jpg

Here's our suggestion to improve those "Eggs Benny". Ask for the sauce on the side. Much better than when it dried out the way Princess serves them these days.

My wife's favourite dessert is the flourless chocolate cake, so grabbed one from Horizon Court to take back to the cabin...

4dec28f4e46ab71df54f06b45b838bd1.jpg

My absolute favorite dessert as well On Princess.Wish they offered it more often ,I could probably eat it every other night. I only see it offered in the dining room on the first night of the cruise. I don't usually do the buffet So I have never looked there.

Julie

Emerald Deck, under the seawalk. Low enough that it can't be seen into, and the bigger balcony is nice.

I think that's about where we will be on our TA next fall. The Royal class ships are a new adventure for me.

ETA: I see you got a picture of those ravioli! I always order them when I can.

Edited by shredie

Wandered around the ship a bit. We're sailing into gale force winds. It was so windy at the retreat pool that I thought my contacts were going to fly out of my eyes.

Last year on the Regal, we found that the Retreat pool was the windiest spot on the ship.