Reflection delayed getting into San Juan

Scott2.0

We're arriving three hours late into SJ and our day is ruined. Why wouldn't they give us the time back by departing later? Our next port call is nearby. Not happy with this. Basically it is what it is and tough if you don't like it. I was really looking forward to having the whole afternoon in OSJ. Just venting more than anything I suppose.

I realize this is hardly a serious problem compared to other challenges people may have. I didn't mean to suggest that this was the worst thing one could go through.

We're now getting in at 6pm so sorry, 2.5 hours late. Apparently it is due to weather getting out of Miami that we must have tried to go around. I was excited for a later arrival and departure (3:30-10p), so we could shop, have dinner and a few drinks in town. I wish they would try to make it right by giving us a few hours back on the back end.

Unfortunately they don't always have control or the flexibility to decide to stay in port later.

The weather on the webcam Saturday was pretty ugly. It sounds like they tried to get to into better weather for the sea days and sacrifice some time in port in exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been on a number of cruises where I completely missed a port. Still had a great day since I was on a beautiful ship.

I'm thankful that we're at least going to stop and be able to get off. SJ is the main reason we chose this itinerary. The ship is beautiful, but cabin fever is beginning to set in.

Sorry you missed the full time there.

While on the Silhouette in 2011, we missed visiting Vigo Spain and the Azores due to a storm in the Atlantic. I had to cancel our tours. Fortunately, we go to visit two other ports , Gijon and La Coruña - both lovely. I go with the flow. Safety comes first.

Monica

Edited by Compass Rose Monica

Unfortunately they don't always have control or the flexibility to decide to stay in port later.

The weather on the webcam Saturday was pretty ugly. It sounds like they tried to get to into better weather for the sea days and sacrifice some time in port in exchange.

It's up to the Port Authority when the ship must leave so it can't easily be changed until later.

I am so sorry for your woes. I am sitting in the waiting room as my dear friend is having open heart surgery. Hope your day gets better.

You are not sorry..........

If you are in a waiting room, you used your friends woe to make a snide point. Really wrong.

Edited by Charles4515

We left the Reflection on Saturday morning and the weather in Miami was nasty all day long and into the evening. Foggy, raining most of the day. We had hoped to have a beach day but the weather didn't cooperate.

My flight from Miami coming off of Reflection Saturday morning was delayed an hour because of that weather.

I'm thankful that we're at least going to stop and be able to get off. SJ is the main reason we chose this itinerary. The ship is beautiful, but cabin fever is beginning to set in.

San Juan is a stop I would usually not mind skipping but in December they have beautiful Christmas decorations up in Old San Juan. Still as you say, at least you do have a few hours there.

We all have disappointments in life and we all hope that our vacations will go as planned; however, when cruising there are higher authorities that dictate our new plans. All we can do is make the best out of it...we had to pass up Lisbon on a cruise and I missed seeing my dear friend...I was frustrated due to the dock workers strike, but there was nothing I could do...

Edited by Lastdance

We're arriving three hours late into SJ and our day is ruined. Why wouldn't they give us the time back by departing later? Our next port call is nearby. Not happy with this. Basically it is what it is and tough if you don't like it. I was really looking forward to having the whole afternoon in OSJ. Just venting more than anything I suppose.

Missing the sun set from the top of the reflection is an awesome sight. We :)are anxious to do OSJ just like you were when we get there. Relax and enjoy the "special" company that is with you on this cruise. We have waited our whole year to be part of this moment. 2 weeks and counting down.

Book another cruise and you may get your full day in San Juan.

I am also onboard the Reflection. Delay was announced early yesterday and was due to weather factors we have encountered since leaving Miami. The crew did a fantastic jobof adding extra ship activities to keep passengers entertained. We chose to stay onboard rather than wander Old Town in the dark. I think OP's complaint that we did Not stay in port longer is silly. What stores and bars did he think would be open for 3 hours after our 10 pm boarding time?

This ship is beautiful and a few missed hours in SJU will not change great time we are having. If SJU is so important to OP, it is easy to fly there for a vacation, or a couple of days early to enjoy before a Carib cruise on the Summit!

You are not sorry..........

If you are in a waiting room, you used your friends woe to make a snide point. Really wrong.

I totally get the point, with all the problems people have, being on a cruise and being a few hours late is nothing to complain about. Some people just like to complain about everything, instead of enjoying what you have, the majority would love to have been in that persons place on the ship, even if it were late.

When we were in PR last winter on Holland America,we were 4 hours late leaving PR due to a medical emergency. Sadly,the passenger passed away. Not once did I hear anyone complaining about how we may not make it on time to our next stop the following day. The captain was able to get us there on time the next time.

Not just Celebrity, but I always thought the San Juan stops coming from Florida were not doing the island justice.

A late afternoon stop (especially when sun sets within a couple of hours of arrival) really limits what can be seen.

We much rather cruise from San Juan (like we are doing in 11 days!) and actually get to enjoy the area.

Our last trip on Silhouette also was late getting into San Juan. We were late leaving Florida. They were loading bags onto the ship an hour after we were supposed to already be at sea.