No Jewel Class out of NYC Winter 2019

scaaty

I've just been checking out the new schedules out of NYC and am very disappointed that once the Gem heads to New Orleans in October 2018 there are no Jewel class ships scheduled for NYC. :mad::mad:

I am not a fan of the large ships and am not a fan of having to fly home from vacation, just ruins the cruise vibes :cool:

Does anyone know if NCL will bring back a Jewel class ship to NYC????????

2019, being over two years away, I think any schedule is going to be subject to change or not yet decided.

I wish, but right now the winter 2019 cruises are available for booking and it's the Escape or Breakaway from NYC, They still don't show the schedules for the Jade or the Jewel so maybe one of them would come to NYC. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I agree, i love the Gem and the smaller size ships. However, it is the sign of the times that bigger ships are coming..Sooner or later, the new normal will be 4,000+ passenger ships instead of smaller 2,000 passengers

Gem is bigger than Titanic. What you call "smaller" was once HUGE!

My first cruise was on the original Pacific Princess aka 'The Love Boat' which was only 650 passengers, so I know all is relative to the era, but I'd rather be with 2500 passengers versus 4000 :eek:

I've just been checking out the new schedules out of NYC and am very disappointed that once the Gem heads to New Orleans in October 2018 there are no Jewel class ships scheduled for NYC. :mad::mad: I am not a fan of the large ships and am not a fan of having to fly home from vacation, just ruins the cruise vibes :cool: Does anyone know if NCL will bring back a Jewel class ship to NYC????????

Maybe,,,, since you have never been on a larger ship, it's time to try one,,,, so that you don't have to fly home.

I see JADE form NYC doing 11 day south Caribbean October 26-nov 6 2017. That's the only one so far but I assume more will come

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That cruise ends in Miami and then the Jade spends the winter sailing out of Miami.:D

Maybe,,,, since you have never been on a larger ship, it's time to try one,,,, so that you don't have to fly home.

We're Jewel class and the Sun fans and much prefer them over bigger ships. However, we have sailed on the Getaway twice. She's a beautiful ship, wonderful crew. And I agree that a cruiser should try a bigger ship at least once. It might be just the thing for you after all. We still stick with the smaller ones though even thought the big one wasn't at all bad.

I LOVE the Gem, but I also enjoy the bigger ones. We are booked on the Gem Repo to NOLA for Oct 2018 and the Escape Western Caribbean for Jan 2019.

Anyone going on either of those? Come join the roll call and give me company.

Edited by Arzeena

Your signature must need updating, I think that's where BT got that information.

Don't need to update my signature, both the Caribbean and Crown Princes are over 3000 passengers. Both beautiful ships just not my preference. That's why I switched to NCL out of NYC, I'm not a bells and whistles cruiser , I just like fewer passengers :)