Luggage size and weight

CruiserShip3

Hi,

I will be going on the Regal Princess in January. This is my first cruise. I will be taking one carry-on luggage and one to check. However, I have a 25" size and a 29" luggage size. I want to know which one is the best to take and check? Also what is the weight restrictions? I couldn't locate anything on the Princess site. I will be driving down to Florida so I don't need to worry about airlines, trains and buses. But do know if I was flying, the limit is 50 pounds and no bigger than 22" for most airlines.

Thank You in advance!

you won't have any restrictions relating to what you send to room via porters. You will have normal restrictions with carryon regarding being able to fit through the scanners

Edited by paggs

Most cruise lines prefer you limit weight per bag to 50# to save the strain on the backs of the porters. EM

Agreed.

Not a hard-and-fast rule & nobody's gonna get out the scales. But there's a fair bit of man-handling, so try to keep cases below 50lb - even if that means spreading 140 lbs over three cases rather than two.

No specified maximum weight or size for a carry-on, but it should fits the security scanner, which is similar to airport scanners. Otherwise security might have to open it & check out next week's washing ;)

JB :)

I heard from people that the Islands take US dollars. I just saw on the travel channel that a guy said he had to get some Euro money for his Caribbean trip. I'm going on the Eastern Caribbean and want to know if they do in fact take U.S. money or I need to get some Euro money before my trip.

Second, when I go to the beach, does the cruise give out towels to use, or do I have to bring my own beach towel?

I heard from people that the Islands take US dollars. I just saw on the travel channel that a guy said he had to get some Euro money for his Caribbean trip. I'm going on the Eastern Caribbean and want to know if they do in fact take U.S. money or I need to get some Euro money before my trip.

Second, when I go to the beach, does the cruise give out towels to use, or do I have to bring my own beach towel?

I've never used anything but US dollars on any of my cruises. I did get Barbadian change back one time.

Take the ship towel to the beach. Then swap it out for a fresh one when you get back on board.

Edited by vancelot

Get yourself some small bills, ones and fives. You can always put them together for smaller purchases and they are good for tips as well. We always do that in the Caribbean.

Euros are used in St. Maarten/St. Martin they are a Dutch country.

Otherwise U.S. Dollars are fine. Beach towels will be given out by the cruise line, don't lose them as there will be a replacement charge.

Not quite - on St. Martin (French side) the euro is the official currency. On Dutch St. Maarten, the Netherlands Antilles Guilder is the official currency.

Both sides accept US dollars. Many places on the French side even give one-for-one exchange rate, so paying in dollars is a savings.

Not quite - on St. Martin (French side) the euro is the official currency. On Dutch St. Maarten, the Netherlands Antilles Guilder is the official currency.

Both sides accept US dollars. Many places on the French side even give one-for-one exchange rate, so paying in dollars is a savings.

Rapidly approaching parity - currently at 1.04 euro to the dollar.

Stan

Most cruise lines prefer you limit weight per bag to 50# to save the strain on the backs of the porters. EM

This is an example from one cruise line.

Checked Luggage

Guests are encouraged to limit their luggage to two suitcases per guest. Each suitcase should not weigh more than 50 pounds (22.68 Kilograms) and should not exceed 16 inches high x 24 inches wide, laying flat (40.64cm x 60.96cm); the length of the bag is not a factor. We suggest that all luggage be unlocked and have a Carnival luggage tag attached listing the guest's name and stateroom number.

Carry-On Luggage

Guests are encouraged to limit their luggage to two suitcases per guest.For those guests who wish to carry on luggage, it must fit through the security screening machine. When laying flat, it must not exceed 16 inches high x 24 inches wide (40.64cm x 60.96cm); the length of the bag is not a factor. Anything larger, must be checked-in with a curbside porter. We suggest that all luggage be unlocked and have a Carnival luggage tag attached listing the guest's name and stateroom number.