American Express offer: $100 off $500+ Cruise Lines

izmeeh

Just got off the phone with Amex and the woman told me the offer expired in December. I explained that it was a new promotion and visible on the WLCL website but she didn't have any further explanation other than it was expired and she didn't show a new one. So frustrating!!! I looked on our offers and it is not visible as an offer for our card...

And what kind of card do you have? It is not showing up on other travel cards like Delta and Hilton. In past promotions there was a way to "force" it on. There doesn't seem to be one this time, at least not yet. And CS will not add it for you, as others have reported.

And what kind of card do you have? It is not showing up on other travel cards like Delta and Hilton. In past promotions there was a way to "force" it on. There doesn't seem to be one this time, at least not yet. And CS will not add it for you, as others have reported.

We have platinum cards with no hotel or airline affiliation. She was able to find the offer but said it expired in December. I explained that I had the web page in front of me with the offer from WLCL valid from 2/12- may. She had nothing to offer except to try talking with Amex travel which I already had and they told me to call promotions. I'll try calling again tomorrow

For anyone else reading, we’re you able to redeem this offer booking through your PVP or travel agent?

We got the offer and our credit this week. We were booked thru our Travel Agent.

We were already booked and when we made the final payment the posting on AMEX has the word "Reservation" in it ... and that was good enough to trigger the offer we'd added to the card.

• 1 month later...

OK I just wanted to make sure on this. I am already booked for next spring. If I make a payment on carnival's website today of $500, I should be able to get he reward, correct? I have already added the offer to my card. I have 2 cards so I just want to be sure before I put out he $1,000, but would be great for $200 back.

OK I just wanted to make sure on this. I am already booked for next spring. If I make a payment on carnival's website today of $500, I should be able to get he reward, correct? I have already added the offer to my card. I have 2 cards so I just want to be sure before I put out he $1,000, but would be great for $200 back.

If the offer was only on one card, then you only get one.

I understood it to only be for new bookings.
Perhaps, but despite that I was able to apply the offer to a single cruise three separate times, all three significantly after it was a new booking.

Yes to both.

Thank you!

I have one more question. I have about 1 year until final payment. If amex comes out with the offer again, can I do it again for the same booking? I think that's what I was reading earlier about getting $400-$500 back with multiple offers used.

Thank you!

I have one more question. I have about 1 year until final payment. If amex comes out with the offer again, can I do it again for the same booking? I think that's what I was reading earlier about getting $400-$500 back with multiple offers used.

Yes you can. It just has to be a charge from Carnival reservations. You can also add your pre paid gratuities.

Thank you!

As mentioned above, yes, you can do that. As often as Amex/WLCL makes the offer available, you can use it if it's available to your card(s). I'm counting on it coming up again later this year (after the current offer expires on May 31st) so we can double dip - and if it comes up again in the Spring 2019, we'll use it again! :D

Help! I used my card with the offer yesterday to book a cruise and it was there, saved under offers added to my card, and then when the $500 posted from Carnival the offer disapeared! :eek::eek::eek::eek:It is completely gone now and not because I used it. I never got the "congrats email" about using the offer and it is showing nowhere on my account. I spent 45 minutes on phone with AMEX and they are trying to tell me it never existed. I have a screen shot of it and it does not expire until 5/31/2018. All they would do it open a "complaint ticket" for me and said it could take 8 weeks.

I am soooo mad! Yes, I have a couple other AmEx cards that still have offer but my $500 already posted on this card. Now I am afraid to even try it on my other cards for fear it will magically disappear like this one did.

Any other ideas on what I can do? I am complaining on twitter right now to AmEx in hopes that the negative tweets will get them to call me and handle it.