Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

M,

I thought of Myster when reading/ viewing this .... he might find this imteresting. It's about handling highly hydrated pizza dough to get the perfect base.

Your Step-By-Step Guide to Making Homemade Pizza from Scratch

People

The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest culinary schools in the world, offering both professional and recreational programs in New York City. Here, ICE’s Content Manager Caitlin Raux shares with PEOPLE essential pizza-making tips from ICE’s Best Homemade Pizza course, plus a tried-and-tested recipe from ICE Chef Jenny McCoy. Give a girl a slice of pizza (plus garlic knots) and you’ll feed her for a night. Teach her to make homemade pizza and she’ll be able to host Read the full story

Shared from Apple News

Hi, thought I would say hello but there are so many posts to read it is hard for me to keep up with all of you.

Looks like we had a shooting at a Bronx Hospital today:eek::(

And the person we call President has got me very upset, annoyed, and I cannot believe this is the person who

represents the U.S.:mad:.....seriously? I want to scream:mad:.......

Jeff...thank you so much for the article! I have bookmarked it and informed Myster that there is some required reading for him!

Lois...at the risk of inflaming tempers, you are not alone. Being Canadian, I am not in a position to comment on US party politics. However, this does not seem like a party politic issue to me. It is more of a personal character issue to my mind.

Jeff...thank you so much for the article! I have bookmarked it and informed Myster that there is some required reading for him!

Lois...at the risk of inflaming tempers, you are not alone. Being Canadian, I am not in a position to comment on US party politics. However, this does not seem like a party politic issue to me. It is more of a personal character issue to my mind.

I am always concerned about bringing it up but Jeff has always been kind and has said it is ok.........normally I don't

say much about it but the past 2 days have just been unreal:eek:....and you are more than welcome to comment on it.

Just saying, it is Incredible........and not in a good way:(

You're welcome M, ...... and L.

It is always difficult ground when commenting on someone elses democracy. I do understand and respect America's decision and believe I understand the reasons, but this doesn't seem to me to be going well. He just makes me feel unsafe, and as a great truster of intuition, feeling unsafe makes me feel even unsafer. He is and has caused so much damage to America's prestige in the world order and is actively creating and nurturing instability.

I just want it to end.

You're welcome M, ...... and L.

It is always difficult ground when commenting on someone elses democracy. I do understand and respect America's decision and believe I understand the reasons, but this doesn't seem to me to be going well. He just makes me feel unsafe, and as a great truster of intuition, feeling unsafe makes me feel even unsafer. He is and has caused so much damage to America's prestige in the world order and is actively creating and nurturing instability.

I just want it to end.

And besides all that, it is just PLAIN EMBARRASSING:eek:..........AND we are are only 6 months into this......:(

Muse.

Is it possible for a small ship to be "too big" for a small ship, but also not "big enough" for a larger one. so it has neither the benefits that small ship lovers like nor what big ship lovers like? It sort of falls into some sort of neither one or the other trap?

Do you get my drift?

Muse.

Is it possible for a small ship to be "too big" for a small ship, but also not "big enough" for a larger one. so it has neither the benefits that small ship lovers like nor what big ship lovers like? It sort of falls into some sort of neither one or the other trap?

Do you get my drift?

Quite possible Jeff....purely from my own personal view whilst she's a lovely ship she has no soul....almost like she belongs to another cruise line.

No cosy atmosphere like you get on say the Wind or the Spirit.....😊

It's funny you use those words. Wifey said when watching the video that it wasn't cosy or homely but seemed cold and climical. Much of the furniture appeared to be quite utilitarian, and most of the restaurants seemed more like office cafes.

The restaurant issue is an interesting example. They wanted to offer the opportunity of big ship flexibility on a smaller ship but the ship isn't beig enough to carry it off. So it has ended up with a solution that doesn't work as perfectly (it seems) as the operation and traditions it replaces. It is sort of the worst of all worlds and defined by the less than perfect critical mass of passengers and available space.

i have only sailed Wind, Cloud, Whisper and Shadow. When looking at Muse I realised that there was something that's important to us but I hadn't realised how much until I saw the size of Muse restaurants. I'm really fussy about tables in restaurants. I cannot sit in a central table where people are constantly walking behind and beside me both sides. It would drive me nuts. I must have a wall or corner table. On Wind and Cloud there is more wall per restaurant than say Muse. I know I'm a difficult old s*d, but I have managed to get through life largely getting the tables that will make me happy, and I take it for granted. It seems that on Muse, not only do we have the booking challenges but also it seems to me remote that I'll have much say on what table I will be seated at even if I overcome the bookings and reservations obstacles. I will be viewed as a demanding grumpy nuisance and I think I'd be expected to be grateful for what I am given.

Is this right or am I missing something.

Spot on Jeff........it was far from cosy and at times almost deserted in places...and certainly no consistency with the dining arrangements....and no, l doubt very much that you would get a table of your choice. Our party of ten were well accommodated in Atlantide on our first visit with a delightful table....on our second visit they split our party up stating there was no way they could seat us all together.....bearing in mind this was all pre booked....so we ended being parted and to be honest it ruined the evening. Someone mentioned on another thread that the MD's still had attitude and this really needs addressing asap....as do the menus.

To coin a phrase....the ship is neither ones A or E......and I'll leave that for you to explain 😝

Thank you Solo mi! !!!!! We all really appreciate your kind words and birthday wishes!

My husband was Canadian and so are our sons. I spent many glorious years in this wonderful country! Lucky me, for the opportunity....

Solos mi! ...so very glad you enjoyed your time here. We are really very proud of our country while we realize we have work to do with respect to indigenous, First Nations and Metis peoples! We are not perfect! And we will work towards getting a little closer to that mark!

Miss S and J....thanks so much for your kind wishes! Hopefully you will travel over the pond to visit us at some point. :) And J...your sentimental nature (waiting until after midnight UK time) is one of your endearing qualities. :)

On yet another change of subject.... today would have been the birthday of Diana, Princess of Wales .....born in 1961.

Looks like there will be quite a few documentaries coming up as it's also the 20th anniversary of her passing.

Wonder what she would have looked like today had she lived.

😊

Miss S and J....thanks so much for your kind wishes! Hopefully you will travel over the pond to visit us at some point. :) And J...your sentimental nature (waiting until after midnight UK time) is one of your endearing qualities. :)

M...as you know l have travelled extensively in your lovely country and late DH lived in northern Quebec as a young boy....

Just let us know the location of your nearest airstrip and I'll order the Jet.......and less of the compliments to our Jeffers....you know what he's like at this time in the morning and l don't want him trying to hitch a lift!! 😉

Yes Miss S. I remember that you enjoyed our beautiful country with your dear late husband. I hope the fond memories of that might entice you to visit again? :) We would love to host you! And should dear Jeffers decide to hitch a ride, we would be pleased to host him and Mrs. Jeffers! You are up late tonight! Hope all is well!

He and her was the previous renter of the place we use to rent in Paynes Bay, Barbados.

Wifey has started placing orders for our food when we get back to Hampshire late next week. Smoked pork belly, and a nice thin plain pizza .... seperate meals of course.