Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Hi SnickersSiri,

I found your roll call. It's not in the Silversea section, but in the Other Cruise Lines section. That may explain the zero response.

Sometimes though, there is no response to a roll call because the ships are small. We've done a bunch of roll calls so far. I've only once reached a number high enough for a meet & mingle party. So don't feel bad.

I tagged your roll call post and asked the administrator to move it to the SS section. That may help, but your cruise is getting close, so not much time left.

I looked at your itinerary. Should be a fun cruise! Enjoy your second SS cruise and be sure to come back and tell us about it! And, welcome to CC, and the Cooler.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hope I am replying correctly... anyway, coincidence, we used to live in Troy, NY, also Brunswick, NY, and also Pittstown, NY, all outside and across the river from Albany, NY!!!

Thank you for working on the roll call post...also signed up for a Meet and Mingle a while ago. We will see what happens when we get on board. Our previous Silver Wind cruise was out of MonteCarlo and went to Sardinia, Corsica, and that area. That was for our 50th anniversary. This one is kinda sorta unofficially for our 55th. Yep, a long time!!!!

One of the best things about SS cruises is that they have a full medical staff and room/cabin set aside for possible patients. Didn't need it back then, hoping we don't need it this time. But did a Viking River in 2015 and husband got pneumonia and no medical supplies at all, not even aspirin. Missed excursions, came home with Double Pneumonia. Not happy.

Good Afternoon Coolers

Lovely food JP! We're on restricted rations here at Seaside. We had a Scotch egg for lunch and probably a curry delivered again tonight.

Welcome to the Cooler SnickersSiri. Hope all your questions get answered and you both have a great cruise.

Hello from Vail/Lionshead, Colorado, Coolers!

Three plane rides to get to this beautiful area. Turns out I arrived sick and cannot be as active as I planned to be. Oh well, it will pass.

I really enjoyed reading the amusing remarks regarding our dancing group's shenanigans. Perked me up!

It is exciting to read that Cooler enrollment is increasing with smart, interesting new members (to join our fabulous personnas). So much new information for me! Keep it up, please.

Joining in...

Just booked our first Silversea cruise yesterday. Excited to be traveling on the Silver Wind in January of 2019 for a quick 7 day warmer-upper. The midwest is none too toasty at that time of the year.

I've been cruising (in fits and spurts) since 2002, DH since 2007 or so, after I introduced him. He's not the fan that I am (not on CC, for a while would ask "what boat are we on?" but now I keep him better informed and he is a little more interested.)

On our Crystal Serenity sailing earlier this month he actually came and got me and said "There's a ship coming in with a big X on the top- that's Celebrity, right?" I was shocked!

We have sailed a variety of lines... some I'll never do again, some we loved, and some are just right for sailing with our two kids (2 and 6.) Don't worry, we'll be solo on the Silversea trip!

the_dylaness,

Welcome to the Cooler, a bar that is even nice to people with kids, so you're be quite safe here! As long as they don't run around in the bar and shout and scream. We do have a kids room, which we call "The Pit". Take no notice of the sign on the door saying "Danger -mind the steep broken steps" it's quite safe down there and the lights automatically switch off after 45 seconds. You should hear the screams of joy ...... ;)

What has your husband discovered that he likes and dislikes about cruising?

the_dylaness,

Welcome to the Cooler, a bar that is even nice to people with kids, so you're be quite safe here! As long as they don't run around in the bar and shout and scream. We do have a kids room, which we call "The Pit". Take no notice of the sign on the door saying "Danger -mind the steep broken steps" it's quite safe down there and the lights automatically switch off after 45 seconds. You should hear the screams of joy ...... ;)

What has your husband discovered that he likes and dislikes about cruising?

OMG Jeff.... I just about had wine come out of my nose reading this. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if anyone saw Ana Navarro on CNN today, but she rocked it.

Oh yes, Spins, and how good she rocked!! Altitude has affected me in ways I did not expect, and I was in my hotel room watching CNN, rather than out and about enjoying myself. But did I enjoy myself!!! Ana has been the only Republican to call the shots as we see them. I thought her short speech was incisive and perfect!!

I feel somewhat better at this time, but not well enough and I have mostly stayed put. Tomorrow is rehearsal in the morning and then, concert

Good afternoon Coolers,

Exciting morning ... an eye infection not clearing up so I called the local medical center. First they hung up snd then when I called again they told me to go to A and E, all for some stronger eye drops!

Anyway boeuf bourguignon today on too small plates.

ba804f976a609318560974caccab0c94.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Greetings Coolers!

That plate of deliciousness is drool-inducing J! I echo JP and Spin's hopes that the eye issue clears up quickly! Hope that it is not adversely affecting your seaside sojourn!

I stumbled across a quote that I intend to use as a motto for my amble through the rest of my life. I only wish I had found it sooner. “Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible”

― Claude Thomas Bissell

Claude Thomas Bissell was a Canadian author and educator.

Have a great day all!

I love the spirit behind it J! I'm an old dog and I'm not sure I can learn new tricks. This is one I plan to make an effort on. I've been hyper-responsible for most of my life. I think it's time to chill a bit on that. :)

Good Afternoon.....welcome to our new coolers 😊

Hope the eye improves Jeff....nothing worse.

Pretty lucky with our local surgery here at getting seen the same day if in trouble.

That dinner looks mouth watering delicious....eagerly awaiting the arrival of some runner beans here....

Interesting quote M....nice way to amble!

Cam...hope you feel better soon and able to enjoy....

Been a busy day here in wet Wales...weekly visit to the local farm shop for one of their scrumptious pies and a couple of pork chops....the ones with the rind on and a kidney....like the old days!

Mrs farmer bakes everything fresh so l grabbed one of her Victoria sponges too......wicked!

Had to take four paws to the vet to sort out ear problems...all sorted but quite stressful when others can't or won't control their dogs.....not easy hanging on to a 34 kilo Labrador!!

Happy Day ☺️

...not easy hanging on to a 34 kilo Labrador!!

He's a big boy. Ours is now 17 months old and has steadied out at 28 Kg. Both his parents were 40kg and not an ounce of fat on them so I think we've been lucky! He's quite muscular but small and might put on maybe another kilo but that's it. Soft as putty, though.

He's a big boy. Ours is now 17 months old and has steadied out at 28 Kg. Both his parents were 40kg and not an ounce of fat on them so I think we've been lucky! He's quite muscular but small and might put on maybe another kilo but that's it. Soft as putty, though.

He's four at the end of July and his weight fluctuates....although he looks like a pure black lab his Mum is a border collie so maybe that's why......he too is a softy and l know we all adore them.....just trying to find the right moment to administer the ear drops...😉