Ovation is in Tauranga on Boxing Day

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-plenty-times/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503343&objectid=11773078

Here is an article from the local paper with a video of Ovation coming into port.

Thanks for the link. What a great clip. Great views from the Mount and a good turnout of people to watch the sail in.

I can remember sail ins and outs fom there and calling out to the folk on the pathhway.:)

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/bay-of-plenty-times/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503343&objectid=11773078

Here is an article from the local paper with a video of Ovation coming into port.

Outstanding Big Gee, did you get down to see it? Reckon could be worth a trip into town and fish n chips at Bobbies for a day out on Boxing Day. Hope you guys had a good Christmas. Wish we were back at Tauranga. Best Wishes J & S

Sent from my iPhone -

typos are inspired by fat fingers!

Edited by Bagwhan

Outstanding Big Gee, did you get down to see it? Reckon could be worth a trip into town and fish n chips at Bobbies for a day out on Boxing Day. Hope you guys had a good Christmas. Wish we were back at Tauranga. Best Wishes J & S

Sent from my iPhone -

No John we didn't make the trip over to Mt Maunganui to have a look. The mount is a mad house over the Christmas holidays, add to that all the boxing day sales and you are talking bedlam.

Ovation is back here in a couple of weeks so we go and see her then. Also have friends going her shortly so will be interesting to hear what they think.

Thanks John we had a great Christmas, hope you and Simone are well, seems like ages since our cruise!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/cruising/87961123/the-ovation-of-the-seas-cruise-ship-lowers-the-lifeboats

I know the attached article is about Ovation arriving in Auckland, however if you scroll to the end of the article their is an instagram video that a passenger took of the departure from Tauranga. When they said that a massive crowd turned up to see her off they were not kidding!

When they said that a massive crowd turned up to see her off they were not kidding!

Good vision, thanks for posting Graeme!

Bit disappointed the locals didn't turn out like this for us on 7 Dec, LOL.... I put it down to the difference between a workday and public holiday!

Cheers

John

Sent from my iPhone -

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/cruising/87961123/the-ovation-of-the-seas-cruise-ship-lowers-the-lifeboats

I know the attached article is about Ovation arriving in Auckland, however if you scroll to the end of the article their is an instagram video that a passenger took of the departure from Tauranga. When they said that a massive crowd turned up to see her off they were not kidding!

WOW, I didn't think it was going to be that large a crowd.:D

Bit disappointed the locals didn't turn out like this for us on 7 Dec, LOL.... I put it down to the difference between a workday and public holiday!

Cheers

John

I think you may be right with being the Public holiday drawing a much bigger crowd. I anticipate a large crowd for the 30th in Sydney.:D

Cheers

John

Sent from my iPhone -

If they had know we were on board on the 7th John the crowd would have probably been bigger :D