Anybody Considering the President's Cruise 2017? Barcelona on Freedom!

cjdixon4

I just got my e-mail from RCI about the President's Cruise for 2017, and it looks interesting. Sailing out of Barcelona, Spain on Freedom of the Seas sounds quite appealing. Seriously considering it...anyone else giving any thought to it?

We had signed up for the Presidents cruise leaving Barcelona on 9/17. We then found that the cruise before it and the one after visited the same ports and were expensive. . Also, there were no transatlantic cruises we could match it up with. Considering the cost of the cruise/airfare/on board costs and offshore costs, all for a week, we cancelled. If you have never been to Barcelona and can stay there a few days before or after the cruise it MAY be more practical, Having been there several times before, it was not a good idea.

We got the e-mail also. Just what makes a Presidents Cruise special?

Are there extra perks? Is the food or entertainment special?

I would assume the Diamond Lounge would really be crowded as would

any top tier events. That is not a plus for us.

I guess I am just asking what is the big deal? Why would we want to

do this cruise over the one before or after it.?

Thanks

When do you suspect Royal will announce the headliner talent for this cruise?

Glad we booked while Michael Bayley was making the announcements as most all the Suites went quick. We got what we wanted.

I suspect this cruise will be heavy weighted on the top end of Status. Does the CL get packed on a cruise like this? Do they ever move D+ to the DL if the CL is packed? We can go to both but like the CL better as it is typically less crowded and seems to be a more friendly set of people (our experiences only).

When do you suspect Royal will announce the headliner talent for this cruise?

Glad we booked while Michael Bayley was making the announcements as most all the Suites went quick. We got what we wanted.

I suspect this cruise will be heavy weighted on the top end of Status. Does the CL get packed on a cruise like this? Do they ever move D+ to the DL if the CL is packed? We can go to both but like the CL better as it is typically less crowded and seems to be a more friendly set of people (our experiences only).

On the 2016 President's Cruise on Allure D+ & D were moved to Entertainment Place, one level down from the Promenade. E. P. consists of three "lounges," Blaze, Comedy Live and Jazz. We could go in any of the three and they were set up similar to the DL with bar service & food. Staff checking cards at each entrance, and absolutely NO "friends/family" of D/D+ allowed, saw several turned away. There were 112 Pinnacle onboard. I believe D & D+ were over a thousand, but can't remember the exact #.

We enjoyed the 2016 cruise and would not hesitate to do another - lots of extra entertainment and events. And how often do you get a chance to ask the RCI president anything you want, in person?

Edited by CapeCoralCruiser

As Pinnacles we looked forward to the Presidents cruise on the Allure in the Caribbean in Sept. As expected, it was top heavy with "frequent floaters" To compensate, in addition to the CL and DL, other overflow venues were opened. It was crowded but the size of the ship helped make it reasonable. Depending on C&A status, there were some very nice perks including special meals. As to the entertainment, most of it was what would be for any other cruise. There was a hyped performance by Patti Labelle which was well attended. Unfortunately the back up band was very loud,and Ms Labelle did little singing with most being done by her backup singers. Gifts of RCCL "mementos" were put in cabins most nights. To us, the best part was the ability to speak directly with some RCCL Miami staff although from hindsight, it seems they only politely listened.

On the 2016 President's Cruise on Allure D+ & D were moved to Entertainment Place, one level down from the Promenade. E. P. consists of three "lounges," Blaze, Comedy Live and Jazz. We could go in any of the three and they were set up similar to the DL with bar service & food. Staff checking cards at each entrance, and absolutely NO "friends/family" of D/D+ allowed, saw several turned away. There were 112 Pinnacle onboard. I believe D & D+ were over a thousand, but can't remember the exact #.

We enjoyed the 2016 cruise and would not hesitate to do another - lots of extra entertainment and events. And how often do you get a chance to ask the RCI president anything you want, in person?

Do they still Reserve seats for the main shows for Suite Guest? I heard it was difficult to get a seat for Patti Labelle?? I would hope Suite Guest would get a seat for the live concert.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do they still Reserve seats for the main shows for Suite Guest? I heard it was difficult to get a seat for Patti Labelle?? I would hope Suite Guest would get a seat for the live concert.

I believe they did have reserved seats for Gold Cards. I think we arrived a half hour early and easily got a seat. As forkcreek said above, Labelle had a LOT of help from her back up singers & the band. However, she can still hit the high notes. She doesn't really fit my music preference, but she was OK.

I believe they did have reserved seats for Gold Cards. I think we arrived a half hour early and easily got a seat. As forkcreek said above, Labelle had a LOT of help from her back up singers & the band. However, she can still hit the high notes. She doesn't really fit my music preference, but she was OK.

Not our music style as well. Michael Bayley mentioned during his announcement of this cruise that he would like to get someone of the caliber of Rod Stewart or Lady Gaga. I doubt they will be able to pull off either of these two but it sounds like they are looking to upgrade the special talent.