Options for checking into flight while on board

71Corvette

I've had that happen too. But you're comparing 2 different flights to each other. It's impossible to check yourself in and end up with a better number than someone who used EBCI. Early Bird check in is done 12 hours before people are able to check themselves in.

Another wrinkle:

If your flight is coming from somewhere else, the people who boarded in that first place were able to check in 24 hours before THEIR flight for the entire flight. So there are people who would be in front of the ECBI people, too.

Thank you all for your suggestions, we generally don't have to much problem yet last cruise our daughter used her phone to check all of us in. Our phones are only cell phones not I Phones so can't use the phones. I am due for an upgrade and considering getting a different phone. Once we board I will check.

Doug I should have thought of that, thank you.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

To summarize, the order in terms of cost:

Make friends with someone and use their internet package to check in

$10 - 60 min plan around the flight-24 hr mark

$20- 24 hr package on the next to last day - get it late enough to cover the period around the flight-24hr mark.

Another wrinkle:

If your flight is coming from somewhere else, the people who boarded in that first place were able to check in 24 hours before THEIR flight for the entire flight. So there are people who would be in front of the ECBI people, too.

Not true, EBCI if you buy it more than 24 hrs in advance gets checked in for the entire flight before any non-EBCI passengers. No matter if they were on a leg before you.

Many times I get high A first leg and low or even middle B for second without EBCI. Using EBCI I am always A-16 to A-30.

I agree the least stressful is get EBCI or have somebody check you in at home. However with eight passengers and no EBCI I would guess some will be in and some B.

I also see internet speed by doing it on the ship being an issue if not on a ship with newer internet.

I also see internet speed by doing it on the ship being an issue if not on a ship with newer internet.

While a bit slower on a ship without the newer O3B internet, the OP should not have an issue checking in using shipboard WiFi or RC Online PCs.

Another wrinkle:

EBCI is checked in 36 hours before the flight. So technically you would still be ahead of the people that checked in the first leg at 24 hours. But they would already be on the plane so check in wouldn't really matter what number you had. LOL

Edited by dcgrumpy

actually I am gonna say not so fast.

I have tried that before.. and ended up mid B group. yet when I check in myself I can pretty much guarantee A group. sometimes I even get A15-30( the best you can hope for without springing for business class, which I often do for certain flights)

technically, the front is A1-15, as I said, Business class or whatever its called where you pay an even larger premium /fee to be guaranteed one of the first 15 numbers. strollers do not fall under mobility impaired, either. first its MI/Handicapped/WCs, then A group THEN families with small children/strollers, then B group.

last time we did this on board a ship, we just spend the $5 for per minute access. got A 30 and 31. from what I understand though, per minute options are no longer offered. what about the 24 hour package?

That happened to us before. We paid for the early bird check in and got the b group.

I can understand that probably a lot of people must have paid for this.

The kick in the teeth was sitting at the gate waiting to get on the plane they announced if you wanted to board with the "A" group come up to the podium and pay the ebci fee.

Bill

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That happened to us before. We paid for the early bird check in and got the b group.

I can understand that probably a lot of people must have paid for this.

The kick in the teeth was sitting at the gate waiting to get on the plane they announced if you wanted to board with the "A" group come up to the podium and pay the ebci fee.

Bill

Two different programs. Not Early Bird, but Upgraded Boarding. Cost of $30-$40 per person to get into the A1-15 slots.

.......and all of the other people who have paid for Early Bird check-in. :rolleyes:

You're absolutely correct. I always do the EB with Southwest and remember one time booked a flight the day it was posted on the website and was assigned a B number (third group to board).

For 8 people Early Bird isn't going to be a good option, especially from FLL.

EB is sold/assigned first come first served. People that bought it with their tickets months ago are going to be ahead of you. There is no guarantee for A group. As you can imagine, a lot of people have the same idea after a cruise. I would imagine FLL is one of their biggest EB markets for this reason. I've received mid-B group a handful of times lately with EB purchased more than a month in advance.

You'll probably be tired of each other after a week anyway so you don't have to right next to each other on the way home ;)

EBCI is checked in 36 hours before the flight. So technically you would still be ahead of the people that checked in the first leg at 24 hours. But they would already be on the plane so check in wouldn't really matter what number you had. LOL

I appreciate that everyone is telling me that ECBI gets checked in XYZ number of hours before the 24 hour mark.

But (dcgrumpy), some of those people are changing flights, and are not necessarily on your plane before you get there, but still got to check in 24 hours before THEIR first flight of the trip. :) (it's not just people who are flying on one plane, with stops)

:)

One remark about paying for Early Bird and getting a B group number:

For one flight, I was sitting in my seat and watching the boarding process. They called A group. Before they called the "family boarding group" (you know, the people who have small children so they smugly know that they don't have to follow the same rules and procedures as the rest of the cattle), there was an announcement: If you paid for Early Bird Check-in but were assigned a B group number, please board now before the family group.

This was at least a year ago.

One remark about paying for Early Bird and getting a B group number:

For one flight, I was sitting in my seat and watching the boarding process. They called A group. Before they called the "family boarding group" (you know, the people who have small children so they smugly know that they don't have to follow the same rules and procedures as the rest of the cattle), there was an announcement: If you paid for Early Bird Check-in but were assigned a B group number, please board now before the family group.

This was at least a year ago.

That was a nice touch, I've not seen that yet.