OBC promo?

LadyBerard

I booked the dawn 14 night Caribbean out of Boston for October 2018 2 weeks ago using the $50 pp down payment promo. If I call to get the $100 obc will I loose the deposit promo and have to pay the extra $700 deposit to hold the cabin?

I'm booked on the Pacific Coastal for October 2018. Called this afternoon and got my $300 OBC. My sister in law got her $100 OBC no problem. But hurry I think the promo will expire Jan 6th.

My husband called our PCC and got this added to our reservation today (our 2018 reservation).

We were told that it was only for reservations six months or more out and if final payment has been made it cannot be added.

We did not have to cancel and re-book. The price of our cruise has gone up over $200/person over what we paid, so we would have ended up losing money if the only way of getting it was to cancel and re-book.

I'm glad I had him call to see if it could be added. It can be done, even if your cruise price has gone up.

My husband called our PCC and got this added to our reservation today (our 2018 reservation).

We were told that it was only for reservations six months or more out and if final payment has been made it cannot be added.

We did not have to cancel and re-book. The price of our cruise has gone up over $200/person over what we paid, so we would have ended up losing money if the only way of getting it was to cancel and re-book.

I'm glad I had him call to see if it could be added. It can be done, even if your cruise price has gone up.

Funny that my PCC told me yesterday that I would lose my pricing on my 2018 cruise that had a price increase if I added the OBC. My other 2018 cruise was just booked so it wasn't an issue to add the OBC.

It is frustrating to me that not all PCC's are providing the same level of service.

Called back a second time today since it's the last day of the promotion, thought I'd make another attempt (what the heck)) at the $100 OBC. Talked to another very nice NCL rep. Same story, since my Feb 2018 "cabin category" is sold out, no dice. Learn something new all the time regarding NCL policies and procedures.

Move'n on now, good luck to others that try :)

Funny that my PCC told me yesterday that I would lose my pricing on my 2018 cruise that had a price increase if I added the OBC. My other 2018 cruise was just booked so it wasn't an issue to add the OBC.

It is frustrating to me that not all PCC's are providing the same level of service.

It is frustrating. Maybe try calling just to get a random PCC? This PCC is still pretty new for us (we've only had him a year). He's pretty good, but not as good as our previous one -- she went to another department.

Called back a second time today since it's the last day of the promotion, thought I'd make another attempt (what the heck)) at the $100 OBC. Talked to another very nice NCL rep. Same story, since my Feb 2018 "cabin category" is sold out, no dice. Learn something new all the time regarding NCL policies and procedures.

Move'n on now, good luck to others that try :)

The promo for OBC doesn't end until 1/6 if I'm reading the Terms and Conditions right. As others have said, it doesn't hurt to call again....just in case!

To get the OBC added to cruise that is more than 6 months out, do you need to have the same current promos? Asking because my cruise had the prepaid service charges and I don't want to give those up!

I emailed. my rep ....re: OBC..reply was that I would have to give up my prepaid service charges.:( .so I said no...

I booked the Pearl for January 2018 about a month ago and had decided to call my pcc to not only get the obc but to upgrade to a mini suite. My original deposit of $50 didn't change and I was able to get a $140 obc and keep my promos. Win win for me.

Hi, I'm currently booked for the Dawn in an IE sailing in Sept. to Bermuda. I saw that NCL is currently offering OBC. Is this promo for new bookings or can I get it applied to my current reservation?

I called my online TA today and she was able to get the OBC applied to my current reservation since I have not made my final payment. I was also able to get the reduced cruise fare.

I called my PCC and they were able to add the $100.00 OBC to my cruise without any question. My cruise is in May (over 100 days away).

The cabin rate was the same as when I booked and the Promo's were the same as when I booked the cruise and I have not paid the balance of the cruise. I am happy with the additional perk!

I called NCL and was able to get the $100 added to ours with no other changes!

yes, $100 OBC to give up prepaid service charges??? No for me too!

I got the same response - give up prepaid service charges and get onboard credit plus 50. excursion for each of 3 ports. But for me, it was a better deal because Im in a suite and get 300 onboard credit, which I cannot use for daily service charges, but can use for the butler and concierge. So it was worth it to me to give up the free grats....

Called my PCC. He said since the fare for our suite has increased and the perk for prepaid service charges is no longer available, it would make no sense to cancel and re-book to get the OBC. He said they couldn't just add it to an existing. Please tell me he's wrong.

Edited by jpcdds6

Called my PCC. He said since the fare for our suite has increased and the perk for prepaid service charges is no longer available, it would make no sense to cancel and re-book to get the OBC. He said they couldn't just add it to an existing. Please tell me he's wrong.

That is what I was told as well!