Spring 2019 Trans-Atlantic cruises/ Edge?

Gishua_

Does anyone know when the spring 2019 Trans-Atlantic cruise schedules will be released for booking? Also, can we assume that the Edge ship schedule will be released soon? Hopefully she will be doing an east bound TA in 2019.

Does anyone know when the spring 2019 Trans-Atlantic cruise schedules will be released for booking? Also, can we assume that the Edge ship schedule will be released soon? Hopefully she will be doing an east bound TA in 2019.

Celebrity says they are planning on getting the first ship going for Fall 2018. So it would be safe to say that probably Fall 2017 we should/hope to start seeing some itineraries. Definitely watching also!

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14041761_CEL_Edge_FAQ.pdf

Celebrity says they are planning on getting the first ship going for Fall 2018. So it would be safe to say that probably Fall 2017 we should/hope to start seeing some itineraries. Definitely watching also!

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14041761_CEL_Edge_FAQ.pdf

It will be interesting to see if they can deliver on that. They state that the Edge class size is somewhere between M and S class which is technically true, but on a tonnage per pax basis the difference is negligible when compared to S class ships.

Also, Celebrity play it safe with their current destinations. In part this due to the size of their current ships not being able to visit the same ports as smaller vessels as we all know.

So how exactly will these new E class ships deliver genuine "small-ship itineraries with large-ship amenities"? It will be interesting to see anyway. Unless it's all marketing spin!

If I were a gambling man I'd say that Celebrity release EDGE itineraries sometime April/May of this year, with the "mystery" deck plans typical of RCCL and Celebrity for new vessels - Cabin #s and Categories identified but all other areas blank and marked "more to come" with trickled out press releases on the various venues over the following 15-18 months until launch.

I have no hard proof of this timeline, but it seems to be their typical pattern with new ship classes for both brands.

It will be interesting to see if they can deliver on that. They state that the Edge class size is somewhere between M and S class which is technically true, but on a tonnage per pax basis the difference is negligible when compared to S class ships.

Also, Celebrity play it safe with their current destinations. In part this due to the size of their current ships not being able to visit the same ports as smaller vessels as we all know.

So how exactly will these new E class ships deliver genuine "small-ship itineraries with large-ship amenities"? It will be interesting to see anyway. Unless it's all marketing spin!

You hit the nail on the head - it's marketing spin for the most part. However there are ports that Solstice vessels cannot visit due to their length, and I seem to remember reports that EDGE will be sorter, but wider. Though I could be wrong.

If I were a gambling man I'd say that Celebrity release EDGE itineraries sometime April/May of this year, with the "mystery" deck plans typical of RCCL and Celebrity for new vessels - Cabin #s and Categories identified but all other areas blank and marked "more to come" with trickled out press releases on the various venues over the following 15-18 months until launch.

I have no hard proof of this timeline, but it seems to be their typical pattern with new ship classes for both brands.

Thanks for your input AtlantaCruiser72. Hopefully you are right.

Definitely in the 5% here. :)

Also in the 5%. We seldom look forward much more then 1 year, when it comes to travel/cruising, and have learned to avoid new builds until they are at least 2-3 months old. As to 2019 Transatlantics, the political situation in Europe is playing havoc with cruise schedules. Even planning trips a few months in advance is fraught with uncertainty and itinerary changes (canceling Istanbul is a good recent example). We will likely cruise 150+ days between now and the Spring of 2019....and have only booked about 60 of those days.

But for those really looking at that spring 2019 time frame you might want to start looking at schedules around the end of 2017.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Also in the 5%. We seldom look forward much more then 1 year, when it comes to travel/cruising, and have learned to avoid new builds until they are at least 2-3 months old. As to 2019 Transatlantics, the political situation in Europe is playing havoc with cruise schedules. Even planning trips a few months in advance is fraught with uncertainty and itinerary changes (canceling Istanbul is a good recent example). We will likely cruise 150+ days between now and the Spring of 2019....and have only booked about 60 of those days.

But for those really looking at that spring 2019 time frame you might want to start looking at schedules around the end of 2017.

Hank

We are the opposite and typically book our travel at least a year out. We are not wealthy but make traveling a priority in our life. Booking in advance allows us to save money over time. Situations like schedule changes and/or minor political issues are not deterrents or deal breakers for us. If we are dead set on visiting a certain city or sight we'll make sure to book a city stay rather than visit the location on a cruise for a limited amount of time.

How fortunate for you though, that you will be able to cruise so many days between now and spring of 2019. Well be lucky to get to get in 28 between now and then.

In reference to the first part, TA schedules have been released in early December, for the crossing season beginning 18 months later. Last December (2016), TA schedules for Spring/Fall 2018 were released. I'd expect 2019 TA schedules in early December 2017. I'll be waiting.

I have heard from a rather reputable source that many of the higher priced cabins will be much more open in configuration; I hope that is the case!:cool: I also am game for the TA!

Edited by Lastdance

We are the opposite and typically book our travel at least a year out. We are not wealthy but make traveling a priority in our life. Booking in advance allows us to save money over time. Situations like schedule changes and/or minor political issues are not deterrents or deal breakers for us. If we are dead set on visiting a certain city or sight we'll make sure to book a city stay rather than visit the location on a cruise for a limited amount of time.

How fortunate for you though, that you will be able to cruise so many days between now and spring of 2019. Well be lucky to get to get in 28 between now and then.

Over the years we have always tried to take advantage of best pricing strategies. Booking far in advance can often get a better price then waiting. But the most amazing price deals only happen inside the final payment period (when all those who have already booked are locked into their pricing/reservation). We have booked Transatlantic repositioning cruise balcony cabins for as low as $58 per passenger day..by catching a last minute deal. Just last year we booked a ten day Regal Princess cruise (from NYC to Ft Lauderdale) about 12 days before the cruise and paid a total of exactly $1200 (total price for 2 including all taxes and fees) for a high category balcony. And then we were able to get $400 of OBC meaning our real price was $800 (for 2) or $40 per passenger day.

Last minute deals are not for everyone. You must be flexible (usually retired) and not locked into a single ship or cruise line. Sometimes we will simply decide we want to go away for a few weeks and just look at who has the best deals (there are some great travel agent web sites that have search engines for all cruise lines). While our long term bookings are for itineraries we really want...the last minute deals are the most fun.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Hearing some chatter that Edge will eventually take over Constellation itinaries. Only guesses at this point and I wouldn't place any money on it. I believe that Edge should launch with a World Cruise to gain exposure and publicity.

Hearing some chatter that Edge will eventually take over Constellation itinaries. Only guesses at this point and I wouldn't place any money on it. I believe that Edge should launch with a World Cruise to gain exposure and publicity.

That would be great. My parents want to visit Dubai and India. But my mother wont cruise on the M Class ships. She does not like the tv system on the M class ships. Also a new cruise ship in Asia should be great for the Asian market.

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I found it because I’m super anxious for the release of 2019 transatlantic cruises! I’m on bedrest and had to cancel so many trips and can’t travel until our baby turns 6 months, so I’m trying to plan future trips when baby is old enough. Hopefully they’ll be released in the next month or so. We’re hoping for a RCCL or Princess transatlantic in late May.