Dining plan

hearts12

This is the first time , I am trying the dining plan. I paid the service charge.

once you go , there isn't anymore charges?

Is there certain restaurants to go to?

what ones are the best?

what about the ala cart, can you go there for free?:confused:

This is the first time , I am trying the dining plan. I paid the service charge.

once you go , there isn't anymore charges? The only charge would be, if you want to order a second entree.

Is there certain restaurants to go to? You can go to any fee restaurants.

what ones are the best? I like Cagney's and the Teppanyaki restaurant, others like different restaurants.

what about the ala cart, can you go there for free?:confused:Yes you can go to the a la carte restaurants for free.

Hope this helps.

i assume you mean the SDP which has at at least 3 on the lowest plan

https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

i loved cagneys and teppanyaki and ocean blue .

you can get one main meal but unlimited apps and desserts. someone said something about limits in ocean blue but i dont know if thats true. so try something new

once you go , there isn't anymore charges?

Is there certain restaurants to go to?

what ones are the best?

what about the ala cart, can you go there for free?:confused:

Book your dining as soon as you can. Cagney's and a couple of others book up fast.

There are varying things happening on the ships and seem to change day by day, person by person, despite the T&C's making no mention of limits that the waiters will tell you on the ship.

As an example, couple weeks back we went to Cagney's. Waiter said we could have 2 (two above the entree section which had two sections - apps and a separate section with soups/salads), 1 entree (which is in the T&C), and 2 sides. I'm good with that as I usually like to get soup and salad and those fell under the same category but didn't want any apps.

We went another night and told 1 (1 item only from apps), 1 (1 item from soup/salad line), 1 entree, and 1 side. I asked if o.k. to get two from the soup/salad line in lieu of an app and that was approved.'

There are also some entree exclusions and restaurant exclusions (look at the full T&C to see which ones are excluded or where a discount might be given instead of a full free meal).

If one has the true UDP, 7 day unlimited, before the perks were changed, can they limit your apps?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No. Works the same way. Multiple apps, single entree, multiple desserts.

Once-upon-a-time, the true UDP use to get you multiple entrees,,,, not any longer.

what about the ala cart, can you go there for free?Yes you can go to the a la carte restaurants for free.

On the Escape, Food Republic isn't included in the SDP. A few of the other places have a flat "upcharge" fee. Off the top of my head, I believe the sushi place, tapas place, and Ocean Blue. Check the T&C for the full list.

Edited by thatjoeguy

If one has the true UDP, 7 day unlimited, before the perks were changed, can they limit your apps?
Sure they can. But if you escalate it, I am pretty sure they will eventually give you your extra bowl of soup. :p

Once-upon-a-time, the true UDP use to get you multiple entrees,,,, not any longer.

No, it was always $10 for each additional entrée, at Cagney's and Le Bistro. But the upcharge entrées like lobster etc. could be ordered for no extra charge (as your first, included entrée).

On the Escape, Food Republic isn't included in the SDP. A few of the other places have a flat "upcharge" fee. Off the top of my head, I believe the sushi place, tapas place, and Ocean Blue. Check the T&C for the full list.

if ocean blue has an upcharge fee, will the food be free?

No. Works the same way. Multiple apps, single entree, multiple desserts.

Thanks. Sometimes I see several apps I want. I love soup and salad. Might not even get an entree. And I only eat one or two bites of dessert so good there.

Thanks. Sometimes I see several apps I want. I love soup and salad. Might not even get an entree. And I only eat one or two bites of dessert so good there.

if you dont get an entree i dont know if i'd burn 1 of your SDP. when i did cagneys the bill was 89 and i am pretty sure we each did 2 or 3 apps or sides plus dessert. so maybe save the SDP for time you want an app

Sure they can. But if you escalate it, I am pretty sure they will eventually give you your extra bowl of soup. :p

No, it was always $10 for each additional entrée, at Cagney's and Le Bistro. But the upcharge entrées like lobster etc. could be ordered for no extra charge (as your first, included entrée).

I would rather have soup than dessert. And probably entree.

I would rather have soup than dessert. And probably entree.
If you don't order an entrée, I think you should be allowed to order whatever you want from the rest of the menu. But it's not up to me. It sounds like at the moment there is still no limit on appetizers on most ships. I don't know if the reports of people being told they can only order one, or two, or whatever, are on the rise. It would not surprise me if this became an official fleetwide policy in the future. But for now I think most people who want multiple appetizers or desserts under the SDP (or UDP) are still getting them with no problems.

if you dont get an entree i dont know if i'd burn 1 of your SDP. when i did cagneys the bill was 89 and i am pretty sure we each did 2 or 3 apps or sides plus dessert. so maybe save the SDP for time you want an app

I actually have the original UDP and The Epic Club too so all is good. But, thanks for your insight. Under different circumstances would apply.