Lunch Venue Choices on Embarkation Day

Robkat

Hi All,

It's been a couple of years since our last X cruise. We always try to avoid the buffet on embarkation day, so would appreciate being reminded of what other options there are for lunch on that day.

Also, we have Select dining chosen, but can't remember if reservations are required/recommended or whether they're even taken for the MDR.

Thanks in advance for all replies. :)

Sushi on 5 (for a charge - a la carte pricing). Aqua Spa Cafe (smaller, less hectic buffet featuring lighter/healthier fare). I think the grill by the pool might be open (burgers, dogs etc.) - but not certain. If you happen to be booked in Concierge Class there is lunch in the main dining room available and if in a suite Luminae is open. Never done select, so can't help you on that.

Gonzo70: is Sushi on 5 a replacement for Bistro on 5? Does BO5 no longer exist?

If it's a replacement, does SO5 offer anything other than sushi?

Gerrym: not in a Concierge cabin, but MDR for lunch is a nice perk.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Gonzo70: is Sushi on 5 a replacement for Bistro on 5? Does BO5 no longer exist?

If it's a replacement, does SO5 offer anything other than sushi?

Gerrym: not in a Concierge cabin, but MDR for lunch is a nice perk.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Yes, Sushi on 5 has replaced Bistro on 5 on all S-Class and M-Class ships. They do have options other than sushi; the menu seems to be more expansive on some ships (the Celebrity website lists the full menu, but on Summit recently they did not have nearly that many none sushi and sashimi options). Not sure if that was because Summit so newly converted Bistro on 5 to Sushi on 5, or if perhaps the M-Class ships don't have a galley sufficient for some items. I dined at Sushi on 5 for lunch once and snacks a couple of times on my recent cruise; it was decent but not great.

Sushi on 5 (for a charge - a la carte pricing). Aqua Spa Cafe (smaller, less hectic buffet featuring lighter/healthier fare). I think the grill by the pool might be open (burgers, dogs etc.) - but not certain. If you happen to be booked in Concierge Class there is lunch in the main dining room available and if in a suite Luminae is open. Never done select, so can't help you on that.

Is the Aqua Spa Cafe an extra charge? Does it have anything to do with Aquaclass. Have seen it many times, but never gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the Aqua Spa Cafe an extra charge? Does it have anything to do with Aquaclass. Have seen it many times, but never gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has nothing to do with Aqua class and is free for all guests. They do have a few items which are extra charge, such as fresh squeezed juices, yogurt parfaits and smoothies but they're covered with the Classic package.

Has nothing to do with Aqua class and is free for all guests. They do have a few items which are extra charge, such as fresh squeezed juices, yogurt parfaits and smoothies but they're covered with the Classic package.

Thanks for the note about the Aquacafe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The entrees in Aqua Spa cafe are not just the cold ones laid out beside th salad bar. You can order hot entrees off the menu. It's usually posted on the wall or on a stand near the entrance. They don't have many entrees and they rotate them. I like the Arctic Char, the Miso Salmon and the pork wrap. I think they do grilled chicken also but I have never had it. On embarkation day, we have always found it really quiet there. Enjoy

The entrees in Aqua Spa cafe are not just the cold ones laid out beside th salad bar. You can order hot entrees off the menu. It's usually posted on the wall or on a stand near the entrance. They don't have many entrees and they rotate them. I like the Arctic Char, the Miso Salmon and the pork wrap. I think they do grilled chicken also but I have never had it. On embarkation day, we have always found it really quiet there. Enjoy

And they often have deviled eggs that you can request as well. They were delicious!

Can anyone describe the MDR lunch menu on embarkation day for Concierge?

We are wondering if it's a benefit we would enjoy, or do we look elsewhere to eat that day.

Thanks!

Hi --

We truly enjoyed the Embarkation Lunch on the Connie in April - however I do not remember the actual menu items. If I remember correctly, they had a couple of appetizer, soup & salad options. Plus 3 entrée selections (I seem to believe I had some type of chicken or fish - I don't recall what John had) plus fruit & dessert. Everything we had was tasty!

It was a great way to start the cruise. There was a place for storing our carry-on luggage & enjoyed our 1st cocktail of the cruise (after the Welcome Mimosa), lunch, coffee & dessert!! By the time we were done w/ lunch - the cabins were ready for us to drop off our luggage.

Looking forward to joining the Connie again in March for a SE Asia Cruise - Enjoy your trip!!!

So for non concierge, there's: main buffet, aquaspa cafe or sushi on 5? Any other choices?

Cruised X many times but never knew there was an Aquaspa Cafe....where is it? If I heard the name I would think it's only for Aqua Class. We're concierge and going to try the MDR lunch, but would like Aquaspa Cafe one day if it's available to all.

Most of your questions have been answered above. As for reservations in the MDR, you can make reservations in advance. Either after full-paying for your cruise online, or you may call and make them over the phone. Alternately, you can call every morning while on board and make a reservation for that evening. This way, if you are choosing to eat at a popular time, you will not have to wait long. Otherwise, just go when you feel like it, and perhaps you will need to wait a bit. Individual experiences with select dining vary from sailing to sailing. Needless to say, if you have a traditional seating, you just show up at that time. Usually the entrance for select is on a different floor than the entrance for traditional.

Can anyone describe the MDR lunch menu on embarkation day for Concierge?

We are wondering if it's a benefit we would enjoy, or do we look elsewhere to eat that day.

Thanks!

IMG_1484539127.887364.jpg.40af7f20e7ba63e990c6217d57de4243.jpg

From Nov 2016, leaving Civitavecchia. I would expect this is going to vary quite a bit, but may give you a sense of what is there...

[sorry - not a very good image. My first attempt at using them app to add a photo directly.]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by GottaKnowWhen