Difference between decks 8 and 11 for seasickness Anthem

Just curious if there'd be a meaningful difference between being on deck 11 in the middle of the ship and deck 8 at the front of the ship on the Anthem as far as seasickness goes. Traveling as a group of four and two have had mild issues never been that high on a ship usually stay around deck 8 and not had major issues.

I've never experienced many differences between the two decks. I was recently on deck 6 ( Oasis, very forward , second room from the front of ship), and did feel a slight bit of movement. I don't have sea sickness issues and this movement just lulled me to sleep.

If the travelers are used to deck 8, then perhaps that is the best deck to book.

good luck and enjoy

M

I've never experienced many differences between the two decks. I was recently on deck 6 ( Oasis, very forward , second room from the front of ship), and did feel a slight bit of movement. I don't have sea sickness issues and this movement just lulled me to sleep.

If the travelers are used to deck 8, then perhaps that is the best deck to book.

good luck and enjoy

M

Yes my concern is that the front on 8 is probably worse than middle of deck 11.

We sailed on Anthem deck 11 in the last side balcony, all the way aft. We felt a lot of motion, almost fell out of bed one night. However, we sailed Anthem in September through what was left of Hurricane Matthew. My Mom also sailed with us on deck 6 near the forward elevators. She had movement but not as bad as us.

I would go for the mid-ship cabin over the very forward cabin even though it is 3 decks higher.

Since you are not going to only be in your cabin, and if you are prone to seasickness to begin with, it really doesn't matter where your cabin is. Take something (meclizine works well) preventatively, and you won't have an issue.

Picture an old fashion teeter totter or sea saw. As the ends go up and down the middle stays pretty constant. A ship has the same motion when at sea. Therefore by staying more mid ship, the chances of having motion sickness is greatly reduced.

Why go up to go middle? Stay on deck 8 mid ship and it would be even less. Some of what you gain going to the middle, you lose due to side to side motion. Not as significant, but still there. The perfect spot is water level in the center of the ship...since that isn't going to happen, go low and mid.

But, I would look at what is beneath and above. A room above a disco is a bad choice. Too high and you get the deck chair noise.

Who knew cabin selection was so scientific?:D

I don't suffer from motion sickness. But, my wife is more prone to it. One thing I always tell people is to keep something in your belly. Even if it's just toast. We were taught that in pilot training. People there that were prone to air sickness said it works. Also, try to keep busy so your concentration is elsewhere. We used to have people take the controls so they were too busy flying to think about the ailment. Didn't ALWAYS work mind you...but.

Good luck and enjoy!