Smoking on Summit

Elvis1209

I like to end every night at sea with a cognac and a cigar. My question is where do they allow smoking on Summit? I'm sailing in September.

Elvis

Starboard side of deck 4, a section on deck 10 close to the entrance to the cafe, one of the deck 11 bars. Plenty of places

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like to end every night at sea with a cognac and a cigar. My question is where do they allow smoking on Summit? I'm sailing in September.

Elvis

Cigar smoking on Summit is only authorized at the Mast Bar. There is no smoking at all back aft at the Sunset Bar, and only cigarette smoking allowed on Deck 4, port side. Cigarette smoking is also allowed port side on the pool deck. Since it is the only covered area, you will find people smoking cigars there -- sometimes the rules are not enforced.

Cigar smoking on Summit is only authorized at the Mast Bar. There is no smoking at all back aft at the Sunset Bar, and only cigarette smoking allowed on Deck 4, port side. Cigarette smoking is also allowed port side on the pool deck. Since it is the only covered area, you will find people smoking cigars there -- sometimes the rules are not enforced.

If I were on the ship and someone was smoking a cigar in an area where it was not allowed. I would report them to security. If it says "no cigars" in a cigarette area, it means no cigars

DON

" Plenty of places"

No, not for cigars. There are several places where you may smoke cigarettes, but generally, on Celebrity ships, there is only one place where cigar smoking is allowed. It will all be spelled out for you in the Daily on day one of your cruise.

If I were on the ship and someone was smoking a cigar in an area where it was not allowed. I would report them to security. If it says "no cigars" in a cigarette area, it means no cigars

DON

Really? Why do you care?

Really? Why do you care?

I am with Don and Wino on this issue. If anyone is smoking where they should not be, or smoking a cigar in an otherwise cigarette/vapor only spot, I would absolutely report it. The smell is vile. It clings to your clothes and wafts beyond the designated spot. Further, it is highly allergenic. Makes some people ill for hours just being exposed quickly. And, if another reason is needed, fire is the greatest hazard on a ship at sea. This is why smoking is not permitted on balconies. Not to mention the 2nd hand smoke health issue.

Edited by Fish Lover

Really? Why do you care?

Because I hate the small of cigar smoke. There is no odor anywhere in the world worse than the smell of cigar smoke. The smell of one cigar can contaminate at least several acres of open land.

You are free to smoke them anywhere that smoking them is permitted but just don't smoke them near me in a place where they are not allowed.

DON

I am with Don and Wino on this issue. If anyone is smoking where they should not be, or smoking a cigar in an otherwise cigarette/vapor only spot, I would absolutely report it. The smell is vile. It clings to your clothes and wafts beyond the designated spot. Further, it is highly allergenic. Makes some people ill for hours just being exposed quickly. And, if another reason is needed, fire is the greatest hazard on a ship at sea. This is why smoking is not permitted on balconies. Not to mention the 2nd hand smoke health issue.

I think you are missing my point. I am referring to reporting someone who is smoking a cigar in a place where cigarette smoking is allowed.

If you believe that cigarette smoke is a horrible smell (as do I), I don't understand why you would report someone smoking that makes a slightly different horrible smell?

It just strikes me that some people need to relax a bit, they are on holiday!!

I think you are missing my point. I am referring to reporting someone who is smoking a cigar in a place where cigarette smoking is allowed.

If you believe that cigarette smoke is a horrible smell (as do I), I don't understand why you would report someone smoking that makes a slightly different horrible smell?

And I think you are missing the point. It's a cigarette only smoking area which means NO CIGARS. If people don't report rule breakers who have no respect for rules, then why does society bother having rules?

Edited by 1cruiselvr

Because I hate the small of cigar smoke. There is no odor anywhere in the world worse than the smell of cigar smoke. The smell of one cigar can contaminate at least several acres of open land.

You are free to smoke them anywhere that smoking them is permitted but just don't smoke them near me in a place where they are not allowed.

DON

Sit next to a person on a 7 hour flight who doesn't use deodorant and you will change your mind as to what the worst smell in the world is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DON

Ever step in dog poop?

Elvis

I didn't mean to start a new "smoking thread"! All I wanted to know is where cigar smoking is allowed. If anyone is going on the Sept 10 Summit cruise, I'll be at the Mast Bar every night having my cigar and cognac. Feel free to join me. I hope I don't ruin anybody's cruise!

Elvis

I didn't mean to start a new "smoking thread"! All I wanted to know is where cigar smoking is allowed. If anyone is going on the Sept 10 Summit cruise, I'll be at the Mast Bar every night having my cigar and cognac. Feel free to join me. I hope I don't ruin anybody's cruise!

Elvis

I have no problem with the Mast Bar as cigar smoking is allowed there. Enjoy your cigar and cognac and I just will not go in there. That makes both of us happy.

DON

I did not miss your point. Cigar smoke is the most disgusting of the disgusting. It is limited more than cigarette smoke for a reason. Yes, I would report it if anyone was smoking a cigar in a cigarettes only section. I am on board to enjoy my holiday, and I will not allow it to ruined by someone who can not be bothered adhering to the rules.

I did not miss your point. Cigar smoke is the most disgusting of the disgusting. It is limited more than cigarette smoke for a reason. Yes, I would report it if anyone was smoking a cigar in a cigarettes only section. I am on board to enjoy my holiday, and I will not allow it to ruined by someone who can not be bothered adhering to the rules.

Here ya go. Just show this when you board your next Celebrity cruise.

Fish%20Lover%20certificate-of-smoking-page-001_zpszsanw13l.jpg

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I'll take the smell of cigar smoke over some of that stinky-ass perfume (and cologne) some people douse themselves in. Not a cruise goes by without me getting stuck in an elevator with one of them.:rolleyes: