Newbie Celebrity Cruiser - Cabin advice Sweet 16 vs CC Aft

Kristin1112

Happy new year everyone...

I'm a seasoned cruiser - NCL, RCCL, Princess and mostly Carnival. We're looking at a Holiday Celebrity cruise on the Summit.

I see that the CC aft cabins are favored as are the Sweet 16 cabins.

How do these cabins compare? Say 7208 vs 6035 for example...Price difference being around $1,100.

We're not prone to motion sickness and do love our aft cabins. Wondering how the size of the cabins and balconies compare.

Appreciate your wisdom, thanks in advance! :D

CC cabins are larger than a standard veranda by approx 20 sq ft. The Sweet 16 are standard veranda cabins. We have stayed in 6030 balcony was deeper than a normal balcony. We probably wouldn't book one of those again as we disliked the forward location.

The CC cabins have some extra amenities the ones (IMHO) that are worth anything are the footstools for the chairs on the on balcony, lunch in the MDR on embarkation day, 2 extra Captains Club points per night and a bottle of sparkling wine.

"M" Class CC cabins are about 20 sf larger than regular balcony cabins. On our first Summit cruise, we had a Cat. C1 aft-facing on Deck 7 and absolutely loved it. We've had lots of aft suites and cabins and this was probably one of the best as far as ship movement goes. We hardly felt the ship move at all compared to the other cruise lines in aft cabins. The cabin was very quiet too, which is a big factor to us.

After that experience, we cancelled our Sweet 16 for this past October and booked the same exact C1 cabin on Deck 7. Once again, we absolutely loved it. To us, the extra square footage and much bigger balcony was well worth the change. People rave about the Cat. A1 aft-facing cabin balconies yet they're smaller than the Cat. C1s on that deck at least (could be all of them - not sure).

CC cabins are larger than a standard veranda by approx 20 sq ft. The Sweet 16 are standard veranda cabins. We have stayed in 6030 balcony was deeper than a normal balcony. We probably wouldn't book one of those again as we disliked the forward location.

The CC cabins have some extra amenities the ones (IMHO) that are worth anything are the footstools for the chairs on the on balcony, lunch in the MDR on embarkation day, 2 extra Captains Club points per night and a bottle of sparkling wine.

Have you stayed in one of the CC aft cabins? Just wondering how the cabin size and balcony size compare to the sweet 16.

What is it about the forward location you did not like?

I'm on an "expert" level when it comes to Carnival ships and cabins...but know very little about X cruises.

Edited by Kristin1112

See the phrase "sweet sixteen" cabin often. What in the world is it?

Category 2C Veranda cabins that have significantly larger balconies, but are the same cost as a regular 2C. Far forward on deck 6. You'll see it if you look at a deck plan.

We sailed in 6035, it had a smaller couch and only 2 closets. Sailed in a CC3, had bigger couch and 3 closets and smaller balcony. Also had a family corner aft, great room but hard to get. Personally between the first two, I'd go aft although $1100 price difference is high.

Edited by GilbyJoe

We sailed in 6035, it had a smaller couch and only 2 closets. Sailed in a CC3, had bigger couch and 3 closets and smaller balcony. Also had a family corner aft, great room but hard to get. Personally between the first two, I'd go aft although $1100 price difference is high.

Thanks, 6035 is actually the S16 we were looking at. I thought the $1,100 was high too...but perhaps its due to the holiday pricing.

7208 would be a great cabin choice. My favorite cabin on M class is 8172 which is one deck up. In 7208 you are looking right over the huge penthouse veranda and the aft wake.

We like sky suites but on M class would pick the aft C1's over the suite (Luminae is making this harder these days).

The balcony on the aft C1 is about 20 feet deep and the standard width. The first part is covered by steel, the next part is canvas covered and the last 6' or so by the rail is open (and can be seen from above.

As someone has said before all CC cabins are 20 sq ft larger than regular veranda cabins. These C1 cabins are all about the balcony.

Have been in 7208 a few times. We love it. Haven't been in the other cabin. I would pay that for 7208 but everyone is different. The concierge part is not worth 1000.00 difference but that's not the reason we book the aft cabins. We book cause they are bigger, love the bigger balcony, and love the wake. Of course we only book aft on the M class shifts. Totally different on the S class.

Linda